Author Topic: Sight Problem  (Read 326 times)

Offline Bravo80

• Zinc Member
Sight Problem
« on: December 24, 2009, 10:27:23 AM »
I just installed the game fresh in a Dell XPS laptop running Vista Premium.  I replaced the stock "sights" folder in the game with the "sights" folder from my desktop.  The desktop "sights" folder has many custom sights. 

When I open the game on the laptop, it does not recognize the custom sights in the "sights" folder I replaced.

Anyone have a fix for this ?  I've done fresh installs twice, and replaced the original "sights" folder with the custom "sights" folder.  No problem on my desktop, Dell XPS running Windows XP Pro.

Thanks.

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
Re: Sight Problem
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2009, 01:32:27 PM »
Any possibility the files were encrypted on the machine they came from? Perhaps they came from a 64-bit environment and are now operating on a 32-bit environment?

Have you tried finding then downloading at least one of the custom sights to see if it displays when you insert it into the sights folder?
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
Re: Sight Problem
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2009, 04:45:09 PM »
AFAIK, you should only copy custom sights into the existing sights folder...then in game go through and assign the sights you want to use for each plane that you will be using...a text file is created for each plane you make the change for.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett