Author Topic: Time per Tour  (Read 1699 times)

Offline NCLawman

• Nickel Member
Time per Tour
« on: December 26, 2009, 08:12:28 AM »
Trivia Question:    What is the most number of hours a single player has recorded doing this ----> :joystick: in s single tour?

Answer:   I don't know, that is why I am asking.   :cheers:

So, I was having a "discussion" with the 'warm-fuzzy-other' after coming home from work and going right to the computer.  Now, I like to come home and read the news (online) and then eventually might log on to AH and play for an hour or two.  She naturally equates the computer to AH and was remarking about the hours spent (even though not all of them are AH).  So, that prompted me to check the time (cause I like to argue with facts).  I see that I have logged just over 40 hours this tour.   It does not seem like I have been  :airplane: for a full work week -- but hey, the facts don't lie.  So that got me thinking about others......

Holy Time-Piece Batman!  :O  I started looking at a few others' times doing this ---> :joystick:  and now I don't feel so bad.  But I am curious how many people do AH for a full time job.   :huh :D  I saw some flight/play times approaching 170 hours this campaign.  As this was only the 26th day of the Tour, that averages to nearly 7 hours a day (EVERY DAY OF THE MONTH). Assuming most people (yes, this is an over-generalization) work 160-171 hours per 28-day pay cycle, that would mean that some people spend more time playing AH than working!   :x 

Now, that is not to say that is a bad thing.  It is great that people can take time for leisure and play (after all we are all kids at heart or we wouldn't be doing this...  play is a good thing).  But WOW, This game is apparently a full time job with overtime for some people.  :lol    Which brings me to the question above...  Does anyone know the record for the most hours logged in a single tour?

:salute
Jeff / NCLawMan (in-game)

Those who contribute the least to society, expect the most from it.

Light travels faster than sound.  This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Offline chewiex

• Copper Member
Re: Time per Tour
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2009, 08:18:15 AM »
<S> NCLawman. IIRC, I saw a tour where someone logged over 200hrs in a 31 day tour. Think it was a few tours back. And...if memory serves me correctly, that player was an older gentleman (over 40) and was unemployed due to medical reasons. Don't hold me to this, but, I believe thats what I read in the score tallies.

<S> A8Chustr
A8Chustr (Formerly A8Chewey, DasChewy) ..for a wounded man shall say to his assailant, if I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven. Such is the rule of honor. Lamb of God, Omerta from "Ashes of the Wake".

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2009, 08:21:41 AM »
I've managed a whole 20 hours or so I think, this Tour.   I don't miss being "stabbed in the back" as much.    :aok
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2009, 08:46:07 AM »
I know when Grizz flew his 100 kill hop it took him like fore and a half hour's ...and that's just one hope ..
« Last Edit: December 26, 2009, 08:47:51 AM by Flench »
Army of Muppets-"Failure is impossible"-Death before dishonor
         Lead follow or get out of the way  !!

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2009, 08:47:58 AM »
i'm sitting at 21 hours right now.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2009, 08:55:37 AM »
15 hrs.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2009, 09:05:48 AM »
If this is what you are asking about, go to main page, Scores & Stats, Individual Statistics. Enter your ID.

thndrEGG's General Stats for Late War Tour 119
Total Sorties: 284
Total Sortie Time:  2 days 21:22:26
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline APDrone

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2009, 09:08:03 AM »
In the past, there have been several 'Pasty Skin Awards' for those who spend the most time online.

You can search on 'pasty' and find a few pages worth.

For instance: http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,110392.0.html
AKDrone

Scenario "Masters of the Air" X.O. 100th Bombardment Group

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2009, 09:33:37 AM »
A blistering 24 and change thus far (hours),,,,not likely to improve in near future as we've had no power at house since 11am on Christmas day
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2009, 09:54:49 AM »
14:24:34 for me so far this tour....

But in all honesty, my wife and I bought a new house last month and we are remodeling it before we move into it.  Something possessed me to do the bulk of the work myself, so my leisure time is greatly reduced this month.

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2009, 09:55:03 AM »
  You will notice some of the highest ranked pilots also have the most time online.

Practice makes a difference.  :joystick: And a sore butt.  :eek:
I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2009, 10:02:05 AM »
 You will notice some of the highest ranked pilots also have the most time online.

Practice makes a difference.  :joystick: And a sore butt.  :eek:

and those that don't have lots of hours, fly to avoid fights.  :bolt: :noid
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2009, 10:05:00 AM »
and those that don't have lots of hours, fly to avoid fights.  :bolt: :noid

This logic somewhat escaped me... :headscratch:
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Thank you for the Brewster HTC!

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2009, 10:31:58 AM »
Escaped me as well lol, I've not many hours this month (work intervening ho hum - despite having 3 weeks off at the start of the month), and I'm pretty sure I rarely run from any fights (well, cept VonMesa when I was in a 190 - did the running away like a little girl screaming thing then  :D)

Wurzel
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2009, 10:36:22 AM »
This logic somewhat escaped me... :headscratch:

Lost me, too. I work my 40 hours outdoors. Usually come home tired (and cold in the winter), and don't have the energy or reflexes to fly fighters very much. That's why bombers are my thing, but that's not to say I avoid fights. In fact, the complete opposite has happened on a large scale.
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"