Author Topic: x45  (Read 540 times)

Offline 71313

• Copper Member
x45
« on: December 28, 2009, 04:57:14 PM »
Hello all, just pick up a x45 on eBay is there anything I should know about it before retiring the ms sidewinder. thanks in advance
handle the business,before the business handles you

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
Re: x45
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2009, 03:44:47 PM »
It's a good stick, I still use one (4 or 5 years old now).

Offline Ghastly

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2009, 05:06:57 PM »
I predict you will be throwing it against the wall in frustration. 

Not only do many people find the SST difficult to master, and for many the stick is prone to calibration and quality control issues, but the stick is very tough to adjust to if you've especially if you've used an MS stick.
Because of the "spring and ring" tensioning, it takes the most effort to start the stick moving away from center, with decreased force as you move it farther away from center.  This is wierd to say the least, and completely unlike an actual aircraft where it takes increasing force to make larger adjustments - but after becoming accustomed to the microprecise and feather light feel of the MS stick will probably take you a significant period of time to adjust to.

All IMHO, based upon my own experiences when I owned them, and YMMV.

<S>

"Curse your sudden (but inevitable!) betrayal!"
Grue

Offline Anodizer

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2009, 07:17:56 PM »
Hello all, just pick up a x45 on eBay is there anything I should know about it before retiring the ms sidewinder. thanks in advance

No problems..  Loved it..  Absolutely issues free..  Didn't have to install any drivers(no need, Windows picks it up right away).. 
My only dislike was the rudder rocker on the throttle..  I found inaccurate and awkward..  Instead, I mapped the rudder to the left thumb wheel.. 
Worked like a charm..  Actually, I liked it better than my X52..  Wish I would've kept it instead so I could use it with these pedals.. 
I like classy, beautiful, intelligent woman that say the "F" word a lot....

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline 71313

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2010, 04:30:57 PM »
used it last night, got to say. I  like it, lot more things you can adjust an tweet
handle the business,before the business handles you

Offline Anodizer

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2010, 07:50:51 PM »
used it last night, got to say. I  like it, lot more things you can adjust an tweet

Tweak....  :)
I like classy, beautiful, intelligent woman that say the "F" word a lot....

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Ex-jazz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2010, 03:31:02 PM »
I'm still using my 2000 purchased X35T(x36) usb.

Once overhauled for some dead switches and once modified to work next of my CH FighterStick.

I use the Dhauzimmer driver and the XD-profile.