Author Topic: .50 Cals that worked with better damage.  (Read 1365 times)

Offline Jackraid

• Zinc Member
.50 Cals that worked with better damage.
« on: December 30, 2009, 12:14:11 AM »
Are the 50 cals dumbed down?  Seriously...are they working the way they are supposed to?  It just seems as of lately that the F4u's guns are rubber bullets.  :headscratch:

There's a difference from switching from a 51 to an F4u.  Anyone eles have an idea?

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Re: .50 Cals that worked with better damage.
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2009, 12:18:41 AM »
50 cals work great.  Might be a "packet issue" on your end.   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Jackraid

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2009, 12:25:47 AM »
Please tell me more...re-download game?

Would that effect just one type of plane then? or any with 50's.  I don't seem to have any problems in a 51.  Less than 100 rounds usually does the trick,  but I'm finding I'm going through hundreds with the F4u plane sets.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2009, 12:29:57 AM »

Would that effect just one type of plane then? or any with 50's.  I don't seem to have any problems in a 51.  Less than 100 rounds usually does the trick,  but I'm finding I'm going through hundreds with the F4u plane sets.

Might be a few things.   Packet loss from ISP.   It could be convergence issues, relative distance to the con or where you're shooting at on a con.   I can hop in a Jug, Pony, Hellcat, etc and not have problems.

95% of the time, I'm sawing a wing off.   Fuselage shots seem to act like a "sponge" for me, so I avoid them.   

-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Strip

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2009, 01:31:47 AM »
I was killing buffs left and right with a P-51 B tonight, that is only four 50 cals, last night I was doing the same thing in a F4U-1 in MW.

They work just fine....

Strip

Offline Oleg

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2009, 02:49:18 AM »

There can be number of reason, but nothing to do with guns themself. Different convergence, view from cockpit, flying styles etc. Personally, I have hard time killing in any plane but F4U or F6F  :joystick:
"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain."
Maya Angelou

Offline Plawranc

• Gold Member
      • Youtube Channel
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2009, 03:02:55 AM »
Depends if you can hit the bugger, in an F4U-1D I can saw off wings and blow up cockpits. But with a P-51 it is unstable. It really depends what your flying.
DaPacman - 71 Squadron RAF

"There are only two things that make life worth living. Fornication and Aviation"

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2009, 03:04:39 AM »
Depends if you can hit the bugger, in an F4U-1D I can saw off wings and blow up cockpits. But with a P-51 it is unstable. It really depends what your flying.

Ha! With a P-51 I can write my name on Lancasters!  :D
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2009, 03:26:10 AM »
Are the 50 cals dumbed down?  Seriously...are they working the way they are supposed to?  It just seems as of lately that the F4u's guns are rubber bullets.  :headscratch:

There's a difference from switching from a 51 to an F4u.  Anyone eles have an idea?

Different gun platform, so you're probably just not used to shooting it. Change the convergence on it so as to help compensate. I'd say bring it down (since you can see a whole lot more at what you're shooting at for deflection shots than the 51. My .02

I keep my converg on the F4Us at 300 and 400 for the 51.
No one knows what the future may bring.

Offline viking73

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2009, 04:05:03 AM »
 :huh  What? You not blowing up bombers with one pass lately? My, they must have finally set all the countries the same for a change.

It's been like that for me since I started this thing when it came out. I shoot cannons and get nothing. Lil' ol p51 comes in on mine ...... ping ping boom.
T2Maw
80th FS {OM-KNIGHTS} Kommando Nowotny {FSO}/{CCS}
S.A.P.P.
Air Warrior 1996, Aces High 2000
Skin Designer

Offline Plawranc

• Gold Member
      • Youtube Channel
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2009, 04:16:39 AM »
Ha! With a P-51 I can write my name on Lancasters!  :D

Well for someone who rides a Pony almost every sortie on AH2 I do not find that surprising. Just like me when I tattoo Pony wings with the word OZZ in my Spifires 5's to 16  :D
DaPacman - 71 Squadron RAF

"There are only two things that make life worth living. Fornication and Aviation"

Offline Scotty55OEFVet

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2009, 08:14:43 AM »

I uninstalled and re-installed game and works beautifully now.  Give it a shot.
"War can only be abolished through war...in order to get rid of the gun it is necessary to take up the gun."

RedDevil

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2009, 11:09:21 AM »
I uninstalled and re-installed game and works beautifully now.  Give it a shot.

:huh
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2009, 11:52:51 AM »
Man i had this problem but the other way around, anything i shot at while in a F4U or F6F would explode from a short burst while all i could do in a D Pony was collect assists. Pretty much what 1pluss said is most likely the case.

Offline AKP

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2009, 05:46:24 PM »
I was killing buffs left and right with a P-51 B tonight, that is only four 50 cals, last night I was doing the same thing in a F4U-1 in MW.

They work just fine....

Strip

I can confirm Strip's accuracy with the 50's in the MW last night first hand.  :huh

***G3-MF***