Author Topic: Joystick  (Read 358 times)

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
Joystick
« on: April 14, 2010, 08:38:32 PM »
Bascially its a brand new joystick Logitech extreme 3d pro. Today and about 5 mins ago I lose control of hat switches and trigger never happend with my last one any help to solve this problem?
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Re: Joystick
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2010, 12:07:11 PM »
Yes, return the stick.

I hate to be glib, but that stick is renowned across the world for being one of the worst ever made. Yours had the buttons go out first, but most lose the actual control of axes due to spiking within a month or 3 of purchase.

If you honestly must soldier on with said stick (which I highly recommend against doing) then check windows first, make sure the buttons are still working at all. If you loaded any profile software (blech) check that as well. See if it's a stick problem or if it's a software problem. If the buttons actually register as being clicked but AH doesn't recognize them, I'd say it's some sort of mapping issue or perhaps logitech's profiling software (if that's even still around, I haven't had a wingman in forever).

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2010, 02:26:04 PM »
yeah ive had one before this and it worked fine ...i have an x52 but i hate having no tension or force feedback
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2010, 02:57:45 PM »
If you absolutely must, then see if the buttons are fried or if it's just some conflict of mapping somehow.

Offline chewiex

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2010, 02:47:24 PM »
yeah ive had one before this and it worked fine ...i have an x52 but i hate having no tension or force feedback

Though you can't do anything about the force feedback of the X52, you can do a little something about the spring tension. A simple spacer made from a plastic milk jug cap and you gain a few ounces of spring tension that I found to be very helpful.

A8Chustr (Formerly A8Chewey, DasChewy) ..for a wounded man shall say to his assailant, if I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven. Such is the rule of honor. Lamb of God, Omerta from "Ashes of the Wake".