Author Topic: game keep crashing  (Read 349 times)

Offline drfritz

• Copper Member
game keep crashing
« on: April 16, 2010, 11:41:05 PM »
perating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_rtm.090713-1255)
           Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Compaq-Presario
       System Model: AY030AA-ABA CQ5320F
               BIOS: BIOS Date: 11/06/09 10:56:04 Ver: 5.15
          Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 240 Processor (2 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
             Memory: 3072MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 3072MB RAM
          Page File: 1390MB used, 4750MB available
  Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT
       Manufacturer: NVIDIA
          Chip type: GeForce 9400 GT
           DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
         Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0641&SUBSYS_0DD919F1&REV_A1
     Display Memory: 2287 MB
   Dedicated Memory: 1007 MB
      Shared Memory: 1279 MB this is aon going problem after ever up date on start getting game crashed.posted on this same problem after ww1 up date came out. was told that i could not run advance graphics setting.with i wasnt but still was having problems.problem seemed to have gone away. then we get another update and the poof star having exe. stop working reports and game stop       going to try and uninstall and sart over from new.just seams funning that its. well i.m not going down that street at this time.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Re: game keep crashing
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2010, 06:21:59 AM »
Try right-clicking on the startup ICND, go to "Properties" and under the Compatibility tab set the game to run in Windows 98/Windows ME mode.  There are bugs with the multi-core AMD CPU's we have tried to work around (provided help directly from AMD), but some versions of the AMD CPU do not seem to respond to the work arounds AMD gave us.

You will get stutters when running in "compatibility" mode as it basically forces the game to run on one CPU, and the game is designed for multi-core processors, but the issues with certain ADM CPU's does not seem to be able to be fixed, even by AMD themselves.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline drfritz

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2010, 08:22:29 PM »
tryed that skuzzy. still having crash problem.was told that game has memory leak? on last crash pulled up task bar and checked my memory, was at 2.9k

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2010, 06:05:21 AM »
And who from HTC said it was a memory leak?  Some people, when faced with the unknown, are more than happy to project a falsehood as fact.

I'll need to see a full DXDIAG output.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com