Author Topic: DCS: Blackshark  (Read 1677 times)

Offline allaire

• Silver Member
Re: DCS: Blackshark
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2010, 06:50:56 PM »
Last I heard Cougar it was using it.
"I drank what?" -Socrates

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2010, 07:06:00 PM »
Ripped from the DCS FAQ........
Q: What copy protection system does the DCS series use??
A: Currently it uses the online activation method of StarForce...................

Pity, I've been looking for a decent Helo sim.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 07:32:29 PM by Ghosth »

Offline RTGorkle

• Copper Member
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2010, 03:29:56 AM »
Are the trees real objects now?, I remember having an earlier build, and the trees, while drawn, weren't actually "there" (you could not collide with them)
Steely

I don't think you can collide with the trees, nor do they provide cover from enemy radar / optics / missiles, which is why I won't bother with the game.

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2010, 03:49:41 AM »
I don't think you can collide with the trees, nor do they provide cover from enemy radar / optics / missiles, which is why I won't bother with the game.

Um, good luck effectively operating that low in combat, lol. I honestly don't know, because it's a handful enough just flying and fighting at decent altitude.

Offline 68Wooley

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2010, 12:02:08 PM »
Its a challenge. I bought it online shortly after it came out, but it was going to require more time and effort than my marriage would survive to get to a decent level. After two weeks of playing about with it, I could just about take the thing for a spin round the circuit and land again. Any kind of combat with realistic settings was a ways off.

I'd definitely invest in Track IR for this. I don't use it for AH, but doubt I'd get very far with this without it.

As for Starforce, its been pretty in-obtrusive so far.

Offline indy007

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2010, 01:23:17 PM »
I have Black Shark

1) It's freakin' hard. I mean really hard. It's not like AH2 where you can just jump in and play. It has to be compared to something like Falcon 4, and you better read that manual.

2) The graphics actually are very pretty, if you have a machine manly enough to run it at full settings. If you do, it's a joy.

3) Don't bother without TrackIR if you like a good view system. The view system is not AH2 smooth.

4) Multiplayer... pretty lacking. That's what happens when you're catering to a tiny fan base. It's there, but you have to know where to look to find people that are worth playing with.

I'm mixed on it. It's good, but not good enough for me to invest the time to get everything out of it that it has to offer.

Offline allaire

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2010, 02:29:52 PM »
The big complaint with starforce wasn't it being intrusive, but that it has been reported to kill certain cd/dvd rom drives.  Also you have to run a third party piece of software to remove it.  There were also complaints about it granting itself tier 0 access.

Offline mensa180

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2010, 02:36:14 PM »
If we could create a AH2 blackshark player base then perhaps we could do some coop missions together.  I still need to get Falcon 4.0
inactive
80th FS "Headhunters"
Public Relations Officer

Offline Mar

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2010, 11:51:31 AM »
If we could create a AH2 blackshark player base then perhaps we could do some coop missions together.  I still need to get Falcon 4.0

I have DCSBS and am just a couple weeks away from getting a system that can run it. If you guys do make a team on Black Shark, count me in.
𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝒽𝒶𝒹𝑜𝓌𝓈 𝑜𝒻 𝓌𝒶𝓇'𝓈 𝓅𝒶𝓈𝓉 𝒶 𝒹𝑒𝓂𝑜𝓃 𝑜𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒶𝒾𝓇 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝑒𝓈 𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑔𝓇𝒶𝓋𝑒

"Onward to the land of kings—via the sky of aces!"
  Oh, and zack1234 rules. :old:

Offline lengro

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2010, 11:58:05 AM »

Get FreeFalcon - they have done an amazing work on the old Falcon 4.0:

http://www.freefalcon.com/

Its, well, free :)

Install FreeFalcon 5.0 with hotfix 1. Do not install v. 5.3 - it's still to buggy.
"When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk!" Tuco - The Good, the Bad and the Ugly.

Offline lengro

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2010, 11:59:18 AM »
I have DCSBS and am just a couple weeks away from getting a system that can run it. If you guys do make a team on Black Shark, count me in.

Sounds good Mar - finally some decent framerates in AH, eh? :)
"When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk!" Tuco - The Good, the Bad and the Ugly.

Offline indy007

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2010, 12:50:21 PM »
I still need to get Falcon 4.0

F4AF is pretty cheap now. Just make sure you play on full-realism from the get go. You can also hit me up and I can give you a crash course in everything. There's a ton of tips I picked up from the MultiViper crowd that aren't in the manual.

Offline AAJagerX

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2010, 05:18:31 PM »
Indy, I decided to break out F4AF after a long break.  My question is this:  In the campaign mode, I can't get the option to use laser guided bombs.  Only guided missiles and dumb bombs.  Is there some sort of setting that needs to be changed for those to be available?
AAJagerX - XO - AArchAAngelz

trainers.hitechcreations.com

Offline indy007

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2010, 08:23:11 AM »
Indy, I decided to break out F4AF after a long break.  My question is this:  In the campaign mode, I can't get the option to use laser guided bombs.  Only guided missiles and dumb bombs.  Is there some sort of setting that needs to be changed for those to be available?

I've never even heard of that problem. What campaign are you running? How far are you in? Is the option just not there? If so, what model -16 are you running? Is the option there, but red like the nuclear weapon? That means your side doesn't have any in stock, gotta wait.

What are you trying to blow up anyways? There's typically better options than a F-16 for most targets. B-52 with 16xCALCM, -15E with 2 bruisers, 8 cbu, drop tanks, and a2a weapons.. for boat sinking I typically use a Tornado with whatever that euro cruise missile is (storm shadow or something).

Offline allaire

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2010, 09:39:56 AM »
Wait a minute.  Time out.  Back the aeroplane up.  There are nukes in F4AF?