Author Topic: January '10 KOTH Events.  (Read 449 times)

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
January '10 KOTH Events.
« on: January 01, 2010, 10:01:51 PM »
   First month of the year means we have three KOTH events this month.

Of course on 9 January 2010 @4pm ET in SEA2 we will have the 2009 KOTH TOC, an invitation ONLY event.
The list of invitees is: AKDogg, B4Buster, Batfinkv, Bosco, Bruv119, Darth2, DrBone, Grizz, helbent, Irish, Ironman, Kazaa, Krupnski, Lazer, Limbo0, oSCOTCHo, Phanta, RumbleB, slimmer, Sunsfan, TC, TonyJoey, Viperius, WMLute, 100Chewi, 18Whiskey.

We also have our regular monthly KOTH later in the month.
Friday 15 January 2010 @5pm ET in SEA2 we will have FriKOTH, first crate will be the Ki-84-Ia
Saturday 23January 2010 @9pm ET in SEA2 we will have SatKOTH with first plane the Bf 109K-4.

This will be the first of twelve months of dogfighting for you to earn an invitation to this years Tournament Of Champions.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline dhart

• Copper Member
      • 357th Yoxford Boys
Re: January '10 KOTH Events.
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2010, 03:39:46 AM »
Is there anyway for us mortals to just watch this TOC? I would like to see it.
Pigs On The Wing- 2nd Wing

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2010, 02:33:22 PM »

Makes it kind of rough on the hosting CM's to do this but...

Watching those fights in the TOC are incredible.

Some of the best flying I have ever seen.

Pretty durn good line up this year and though I might not fly it, I bet you there will be some awesome fights.

I remember one final two in a round where two out right Gods of the P38 went at it that left me speechless.

I wonder if they allow visitors at ANOTHER field who can CM eye it over to watch the fights...
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2010, 10:02:23 PM »

The previous policy used was to allow visitors, as long as they do not disrupt the event.
Now I'm sure you ask 10 people what disrupt means and you'll most likely get 10 different answers. But being the host  CM only my definition will matter. :neener:
I will have CM Eye mode available and there is no option to localize CM Eye usage. I will tell the invitees that if anyone bothers them to let me know, and I will deal with them. If we get too many rotten apples, I 'll either have to turn it off, which I doubt I'd do, [ we went through idea already ]. I could lock the arena, requiring disocs or other game issues a PM to me to gain access. Or I could revoke the public policy and only allow invitees opportunity to watch.
Basically the same policy used in previous TOCs.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2010, 12:46:30 PM »
just make them pay 5 dollar at the gate fuzeman  and call it your beer fund?     :cool:
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2010, 02:32:13 PM »
just make them pay 5 dollar at the gate fuzeman  and call it your beer fund?     :cool:

Unfortunately in this instance and putting it all back to front, there sure is a will, but there isn't a way.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2010, 01:17:25 PM »
Midweek reminder that the KOTH TOC is this weekend.