Author Topic: LA-7 cannons  (Read 566 times)

Offline viking73

• Nickel Member
LA-7 cannons
« on: January 04, 2010, 02:00:11 AM »
There is a choice of 2 or 3 20mm in the setup on the LA-7. Chose the 3 cannon option. Received damage. Checked damage report and it only listed a left and right gun with the left damaged. But lost 2 cannons. Need to have a separate damage for the 3rd cannon if chosen in setup.
T2Maw
80th FS {OM-KNIGHTS} Kommando Nowotny {FSO}/{CCS}
S.A.P.P.
Air Warrior 1996, Aces High 2000
Skin Designer

Offline sunfan1121

• Gold Member
Re: LA-7 cannons
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2010, 09:15:25 PM »
its not a bug IIRC.
A drunk driver will run a stop sign. A stoned driver will stop until it turns green.

Offline viking73

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2010, 09:43:17 PM »
If I get hit in one cannon and lose 2, it's an error in the programming or it's not programmed correctly. What? Do I have to put this in the wish board to have the game work right?
T2Maw
S.A.P.P.
Skin Designer

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2010, 09:51:43 PM »
They occupy the same space, share the same space with ammo storage and feeds, etc...

I think what he's saying with "it's not a bug" is that it's a consideration that if ever one is destroyed, the same damage would "splash" onto the other as well.

Offline viking73

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2010, 03:13:20 AM »
Ah...So when I get hit in the wing of my P-47 then and lose one gun to damage I should really lose one or two others right next to it since all 4 are side by side. Or say lose one in my P-51 or one in my P-38 that have guns grouped together. I understand what you're getting at. But seems inconsistant.
T2Maw
S.A.P.P.
Skin Designer

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2010, 04:23:33 AM »
Just wait! It sounds like HTC is going to give us a more complex damage model and I am really looking forward to it.  :aok
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2010, 03:03:35 PM »
Ah...So when I get hit in the wing of my P-47 then and lose one gun to damage I should really lose one or two others right next to it since all 4 are side by side. Or say lose one in my P-51 or one in my P-38 that have guns grouped together. I understand what you're getting at. But seems inconsistant.

The guns on the LA7 3-gun package are very close, literally on top of each other. I think a round passing "down" through one would hit the other... The guns on the P-47 are close, but a round passing "through" the gun wouldn't hit the guns next to it.

I have lost multiple guns in 1 wing in jugs before, depends on the severity of the hit.

I've also taken a single bullet hole hit in the nose of a P-39D before and lost both a .50cal AND my 37mm hub gun (one is over the other).

It's possible, is what I'm saying.