Author Topic: spawn crash?  (Read 1121 times)

Offline viking73

• Nickel Member
spawn crash?
« on: January 04, 2010, 03:56:16 AM »
Drove from A4 to A5 town on Trinity map then drove back to A4 spawn point. Upon ending sortie got a 'You have crashed' message. Should've been successful landing. At the very least I can see a captured or ditch but not a 'crash'. Was in an OST.
T2Maw
80th FS {OM-KNIGHTS} Kommando Nowotny {FSO}/{CCS}
S.A.P.P.
Air Warrior 1996, Aces High 2000
Skin Designer

Offline FireDrgn

• Silver Member
Re: spawn crash?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2010, 10:21:23 PM »
were u moving?
"When the student is ready the teacher will appear."   I am not a teacher.

Offline coola4me

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2010, 08:33:07 AM »
If you took any damage from ack or another player? If so thats why it said that, that or you were moving.
CO. 172nd Rabid Dawgs
In Game Name: coola
Panties....not the greatest thing on Earth..... but next to it!!!     ME-YOW!!!

Offline viking73

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2010, 09:36:45 PM »
not moving. no damage listed. even if i had damage how could it be a crash? last time i looked OST don't fly. if you have damage in a plane and land you either get a successful landing or a ditch. but it doesn't matter. if you're stopped on concrete it's a successful landing.  BUG
T2Maw
S.A.P.P.
Skin Designer

Offline NCLawman

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2010, 09:56:01 PM »
Maybe you hit a tree.  As a Law Enforcement Officer, when a vehicle hits a tree, I generally call it a crash.   :lol

Sorry, I know this didn't answer your question, but I could resist a cheap shot at humor.   :bolt:

:salute
Jeff / NCLawMan (in-game)

Those who contribute the least to society, expect the most from it.

Light travels faster than sound.  This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Offline coola4me

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2010, 11:22:47 PM »
not moving. no damage listed. even if i had damage how could it be a crash? last time i looked OST don't fly. if you have damage in a plane and land you either get a successful landing or a ditch. but it doesn't matter. if you're stopped on concrete it's a successful landing.  BUG
[/quote
Of coure an osti can't fly! Ok let me clarify my post! me saying taking damage means that if you were hit in anyway by the field or town ack your vehicle will have a % of damage! Just like if another player strikes your vehicle with say a pintal gun that said player will get a hit % and you will receive a damage %! Sure it's not enough to cause a listed item to be damaged but it's damge none the less!  So that being said if you took a hit that's why you showed a crash! Next time have a buddy drop vehicle supplies and use one to negate the damage % inflicted!
CO. 172nd Rabid Dawgs
In Game Name: coola
Panties....not the greatest thing on Earth..... but next to it!!!     ME-YOW!!!

Offline K-KEN

• Silver Member
      • http://www.cutthroats.com
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2010, 09:52:44 AM »
Just to add a comment, I believe it was A4 or A5 that I launched a plane on the NE runway and just as I appeared/spawned onto the pavement a supply convoy crashed into my plane, snapped off the gear, flipped me over and off the surface into the grass/dirt resulting in a Ditch....AND spew all over my keyboard and monitor!

:x :D :O :rofl

you had to be here!   :lol

Offline viking73

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2010, 03:26:30 AM »
Ok so what i'm getting from the comments is that if a vehicle is damaged it can't get a successful landing even if it gets back to it's airfield or base.

I already know this isn't true. I've landed damaged vehicles on bases and even spawn points and gotten successful landings. That's why I'm saying something's amiss that I received a crash when I got back to concrete.

Sorry, I'll try and film more often.
T2Maw
S.A.P.P.
Skin Designer

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2010, 04:22:16 AM »
I believe if you have taken damage and land at a spawn point with an enemy within 6k range of you it will be a crash.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2010, 11:42:53 AM »
I believe if you have taken damage and land at a spawn point with an enemy within 6k range of you it will be a crash.

Seems true for landing on concrete on a friendly base as well.

Bug or not?

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline K-KEN

• Silver Member
      • http://www.cutthroats.com
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2010, 10:25:24 PM »
I have had ditch messages many times landing on the VH main pad. Never took notes on it but was fully on the pad in front of the hangar and also the maproom hanger pad as well. I now land inside the hangers whenever possible. I miss quite a few safe landings on spawns, again, never noted it but it happens..

Offline batch

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2010, 02:13:02 AM »
my understanding is something like this..... of course I could be wrong as well, just going by what Ive experienced and seen through the years:

>6K from any enemy... successful landing

<6K from any enemy, but have not been shot by anything (plane/gv/ack) ...... ditch

<6K from any enemy, have been been shot by (plane/gv/ack) and person who fired that shot is still in 'flight'.......... killed

<6K from any enemy, have been shot by (plane/gv/ack) and person who fired that shot is no longer in same 'flight'.......... crashed

this of course only applies to gv, theres a whole other set of rules for planes

edit: notice I used the word "shot" and not damaged..... it does not matter if you took any damage in any of these circumstances
"theres nothin like wakin up with a Dickens Cider" - Dickens Fruit Stand

Offline viking73

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2010, 03:11:05 AM »
Well it happened again only this time at a spawn point. It was my understanding that if you got back to the yellow arrow (your spawn point) you got a successful landing. We fought for this years ago when AH first started and there were no successful landings at all when you spawned and now I guess it's back in certain instances which I think sux. I got back to my spawn point with damage. There was a gv about half way between the SP and the NME Base. I had damage. It said I crashed and it gave the very distant gv a kill. Why does Hitech insist on giving a crash to a vehicle that is just damaged? It still isn't right but I would at least expect a ditch. If I land a damaged plane anywhere, I don't get a crash.

I immediately reupped again to test something and didn't even start my engine. This time when I ended it said I was captured and gave a nme gv a kill. The gv wasn't even in any range. So, Hitech, what are suppose to do when we have damage, drive all the frackin' way back to our base? Plus now if we spawn and do nothing someone within a mile or whatever gets a kill? That's plain dumb. Fix this please. As many times as I get kills from someone who augers their bomber or fighter and getting the kill, it wouldn't bother me if I didn't if I didn't even fire on the guy.

It's also not consistent while flying. Ya get a kill and sometimes not when they crash. Ya shoot someone and sometimes you get an assist and sometimes nothing. I've even seen cases where no one involved in the dogfight gets a kill or assist after a plane is shot down. Everyone starts asking each other, "did you get the kill?.... no.... well,neither did I, not even an assist"
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 03:18:52 AM by viking73 »
T2Maw
S.A.P.P.
Skin Designer

Offline RSLQK186

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2010, 11:27:56 AM »

I immediately reupped again to test something and didn't even start my engine. This time when I ended it said I was captured and gave a nme gv a kill. The gv wasn't even in any range.

Did you film to get range on enemy seen or not seen and to assist in finding the cause?

It's also not consistent while flying. Ya get a kill and sometimes not when they crash. Ya shoot someone and sometimes you get an assist and sometimes nothing. I've even seen cases where no one involved in the dogfight gets a kill or assist after a plane is shot down. Everyone starts asking each other, "did you get the kill?.... no.... well,neither did I, not even an assist"

Enemy crash without being hit by you can result in no kill award to you by distance or another player closer to him including manable gun. I'm not sure if a ping grantees an assist. And I know for sure that a pilot wound to an enemy  can give you a kill when someone else finishes his plane off. When on deffence, if I get a good hits to someones cockpit and he dives for home, I let him if their are other fish to catch. I have gotten kills 5 minutes later without knowing if bled out, crashed or was downed by a countryman near his own base.
Hacksaw- THE UNFORGIVEN
Founder- Special events contingent
"I'm very very sneaky"

Offline viking73

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2010, 10:32:11 PM »
Well here's an addition. Got back to spawn. no one around. friendly confirmed. Got a 'Captured'. So what's the deal with that if I had damage or not. Didn't get killed or crash or ditch. Is there somewhere HTC has written this stuff down or are they just wingin' it? How would we ever know? Drive all the way to the friggin' base? And maybe not even get a successful landing there? At least make it 2k and concrete safe.
T2Maw
S.A.P.P.
Skin Designer