Author Topic: a little help pls  (Read 515 times)

Offline lulu

• Silver Member
a little help pls
« on: January 04, 2010, 11:27:56 AM »
<S>,

i tried to edit a very simple map following wiki instructions but always i obtained a background made of water!.
following wiki, i made my background bit map surface and i put it into the right folder and so on. i think the problem is in terrain textures menage. i cannot save any terrain textures because not one save button is present in terrain tab as wiki indicates. 1) any suggests? 2)  is here a simple list of action to make a basic, simple map? TY

<S>

mobilis in mobile

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
Re: a little help pls
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2010, 03:55:30 PM »
The Wiki is outdated as of this version, which works similar in a few ways, but vastly different in others.  Read this about the newest version:

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,272730.msg3412228.html#msg3412228

I also recommend reading the these latest 4 pages of the TE forum which deal with this version.  It's full of information you're gonna need, even for a basic terrain.  Could you be more specific with your problem?
i made my background bit map surface and i put it into the right folder and so on.
Are you talking about making & importing a map_elv here, or are you trying to just make a terrain within the editor freehand?  In other words, do you have elevations on your terrain already, but it is still all covered in water, or is your terrain still a flat ocean?  This will help with telling you the next step to take.
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline lulu

• Silver Member
Re: a little help pls
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2010, 09:18:27 PM »
 :salute

ty

:salute
mobilis in mobile