Author Topic: Dueling vs MA fighting  (Read 33313 times)

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
Re: Dueling vs MA fighting
« Reply #105 on: January 09, 2010, 09:04:14 AM »
That might violate a rule but ill pm you 1 :devil
really?  ooops, dint meen to be brakin no laws ner nothin! :devil

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Stiglr

• Persona non grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #106 on: January 09, 2010, 09:52:36 AM »
Alt is a crutch that some of the top score players take advantage of. Honestly most of them are terrible if you get them into a knife fight

Alt is not a crutch, it's a historic and time tested ADVANTAGE, just like speed, and just like good SA.

I'd argue that "hair on fire" furballing is pretty much game gaming, as the pilots who rely on that wouldn't do the same if their real lives were on the line. On the opposite side of that coin, a nice unseen bounce or a calculated B&Z from altitude is a "risk" most of us would take if we were literally risking our real ONE life.

And by the way, although I crave the "easy" unseen kill (not always easy when there are icons), and prefer a one- or two-pass boom and zoom kill to a 5-minute turn til you puke scrap... I'm far from helpless in a knife-fight. Just last week, I killed an Oscar "knifefighting" while in a damaged SBD Dauntless, and there was a Ki-45 Toryu helping out the Ki driver. There I had no choice but to mix it up, as I surely wasn't able to run for it.

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #107 on: January 09, 2010, 11:02:22 AM »
Situational Awareness and teamwork are very important skills.  On the other hand, being able to scrap 1vs1 is just as important.  How anyone can doubt that dueling won't improve your results in FSO or a scenario is beyond me.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #108 on: January 09, 2010, 11:07:30 AM »
Alt is not a crutch, it's a historic and time tested ADVANTAGE, just like speed, and just like good SA.

I'd argue that "hair on fire" furballing is pretty much game gaming, as the pilots who rely on that wouldn't do the same if their real lives were on the line. On the opposite side of that coin, a nice unseen bounce or a calculated B&Z from altitude is a "risk" most of us would take if we were literally risking our real ONE life.

And by the way, although I crave the "easy" unseen kill (not always easy when there are icons), and prefer a one- or two-pass boom and zoom kill to a 5-minute turn til you puke scrap... I'm far from helpless in a knife-fight. Just last week, I killed an Oscar "knifefighting" while in a damaged SBD Dauntless, and there was a Ki-45 Toryu helping out the Ki driver. There I had no choice but to mix it up, as I surely wasn't able to run for it.

We have the Ki-45?   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #109 on: January 09, 2010, 11:08:57 AM »
We have the Ki-45?   

Better question: there were more than two people playing Targetware online at the same time?
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #110 on: January 09, 2010, 11:09:25 AM »
Alt is a crutch that some of the top score players take advantage of. Honestly most of them are terrible if you get them into a knife fight

Hmm. Funny, I've seen you up around 10 or 12k, just as high as most folks fly.  If you are so great in a "knife fight" certainly you have no problem overcoming  someone with an alt advantage.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #111 on: January 09, 2010, 11:29:32 AM »
Hmm. Funny, I've seen you up around 10 or 12k, just as high as most folks fly.  If you are so great in a "knife fight" certainly you have no problem overcoming  someone with an alt advantage.
I was about to post another comment but I saw a troll that needed smashing.

Stiglr,
Steve is an example of a pilot who uses alt, ubber rides, and hordes as a crutch. He lands alot of K/d because he aviods fights and can easily run from a fight in his P51D.

Steve, just let me know if you want to fight in the DA some time, we can even fly ponies if youd like, maybe you can teach me how to use a sqauddie to get a 109 into rolling scissors then pick him when hes out of E. I know I can learn that seems pretty easy

:salute
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #112 on: January 09, 2010, 11:39:04 AM »
I was about to post another comment but I saw a troll that needed smashing.

Stiglr,
Steve is an example of a pilot who uses alt, ubber rides, and hordes as a crutch. He lands alot of K/d because he aviods fights and can easily run from a fight in his P51D.

Steve, just let me know if you want to fight in the DA some time, we can even fly ponies if youd like, maybe you can teach me how to use a sqauddie to get a 109 into rolling scissors then pick him when hes out of E. I know I can learn that seems pretty easy

:salute

Stiglr, don't pay too much attention to Junky. He's just a crybaby. I killed him the other day while he was in a K4. You know a k4, a plane which dominates the p51 I fly. He's still crying like it's my fault his SA failed him. By the way, in the fight he mentions, my squaddie had already been picked(killed) by one of Junky's teammates by the time I killed Junky. It's ok for his team to kill guys, but not his opponent's team. Junky, please PM me your address, I'll mail you a whole pack of pacifiers and a nice binky.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #113 on: January 09, 2010, 11:50:58 AM »
Stiglr, don't pay too much attention to Junky. He's just a crybaby. I killed him the other day while he was in a K4. You know a k4, a plane which dominates the p51 I fly. He's still crying like it's my fault his SA failed him. By the way, in the fight he mentions, my squaddie had already been picked(killed) by one of Junky's teammates by the time I killed Junky. It's ok for his team to kill guys, but not his opponent's team. Junky, please PM me your address, I'll mail you a whole pack of pacifiers and a nice binky.
Now we're fishing!!

Instead of having this arguement on the Aces High board, how about we talk this over on POTWs boards where it doesnt upset thee community....Ill even start the thread for you.

You do still look at it from time to time correct?
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline TW9

• Silver Member
      • http://www.tedwilliams.com
« Reply #114 on: January 09, 2010, 11:53:39 AM »
I'll mail you a whole pack of pacifiers and a nice binky.

USED binkies  :neener:
Quote from: sax
The community lacks personality , thank #@# for TW9 or
there would'nt even be anyone --------- left .
Quote from: Krusty
Edit2: BAN the ass-hat. That's not skuzzy, that's a tard named TW9

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #115 on: January 09, 2010, 11:54:15 AM »
Now we're fishing!!

Instead of having this arguement on the Aces High board, how about we talk this over on POTWs boards where it doesnt upset thee community....Ill even start the thread for you.

You do still look at it from time to time correct?

There's nothing to talk about. You invent things about how I play the game in an effort to make me look bad because I kill you once in a while. You lie. I really don't see what there is to discuss.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #116 on: January 09, 2010, 11:55:10 AM »
USED binkies  :neener:
TW9, whats your in game callsign?
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #117 on: January 09, 2010, 12:01:31 PM »
There's nothing to talk about. You invent things about how I play the game in an effort to make me look bad because I kill you once in a while. You lie. I really don't see what there is to discuss.
Steve,
If you take Junky bantor seriously, you may need psychological help...

:devil
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #118 on: January 09, 2010, 12:05:06 PM »
Steve,
If you take Junky bantor seriously, you may need psychological help...

:devil

Well, you may have just hooked me, then. Please just cut the line I swallowed it.     

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #119 on: January 09, 2010, 05:21:35 PM »
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 05:28:34 PM by Saurdaukar »