Author Topic: Need a little advice  (Read 633 times)

Offline MadHatter

• Copper Member
Need a little advice
« on: January 09, 2010, 05:05:42 PM »
OK, this may be the wrong place, but everyone I turned to for answers has no clue what to do.

On the 28th I had my account removed from auto-payment from my ISP. I was given confirmation

On the 1st I made a $300 dollar payment, my wife made a $160 payment (wich she later cancelled, she didn't realize I had made the payment)

The cancelled payment was put back into my account on Friday, this morning I wake up and it was taken out again, but in doing so they put us negative. I have 4 more transactions pending. Overall this is going to costs us over 400 in fees and payments. Talked to the ISP, they said they hadn't removed me, that they're sorry and they'll credit the fees to my ISP account, not the banks. What good's that gonna do, i don't know. Last time I checked you can't eat Pay per View movies or drink AH bullets. Now, any money I bring in to the house is going to pay the banks fees, I only get paid once a month. I have to wait for a network to break down before I can bring in anything extra. (not much call for freelance Network Admins) I guess what I'm asking is, has anyone been through something similiar to this? Any ideas on what I can do?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 07:12:17 PM by MadHatter »
-MadHat
CO 81st Bomb Wing "Pogues"
"Carpet bombing is 100% accurate, the bombs are guaranteed to always hit the ground."

Offline bagrat

• Silver Member
Re: Need a little advice
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2010, 05:24:16 PM »
buy a safe for holding ur own money, an mail money orders so u dont have to pay fees for using your own money or deal wit that bull. :D
Last post by bagrat - The last thing you'll see before your thread dies since 2005.

Offline batch

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2010, 06:02:04 PM »
contact your bank manager and explain the situation as it occurred.......... then ask them to show you proof of authorization  to take the money back out............ if they cannot prove authorization then they will have to resolve the situation......... decent banks have dealt with issues like this many times and should quickly correct it for you...... if your bank isnt decent then you may end up in court

of course best results your going to get and most likely............ your bank will waive all the fees for you........ the $160 youre going to have to take up with the company.......... without a judge its up to them how they credit it back

"theres nothin like wakin up with a Dickens Cider" - Dickens Fruit Stand

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2010, 06:12:03 PM »
My father had a similar situation, a company had withdrawn $25 out of his bank account, well he had just started banking with his GF so there was no money in that account which sent it negative, now we called the bank to find out exactly who this company was that took the money out, after we found out we called them and they said they would put the money back, but the bank had told us any fees that we might incur that company would be responsible for, thankfully for us when the money was put back the fees had been removed.  I'd get back on the phone with the ISP and tell them you want the money charged back, because they can do that, it just sounds like they don't want to give your money back.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline MadHatter

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2010, 06:31:07 PM »
Thanks all for the advice. Been figthing with these guys for better part of 4 hours now. The bank I'm dealing with is Chase (which we're not too happy with to begin with). They told us we're responsible for the fees anyways. I'll have to wait till monday to see what all has been done.
-MadHat
"Carpet bombing is 100% accurate, the bombs are guaranteed to always hit the ground."

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2010, 06:46:10 PM »
The bank I'm dealing with is Chase (which we're not too happy with to begin with). They told us we're responsible for the fees anyways. I'll have to wait till monday to see what all has been done.
Yup, same bank here, they really suck, but at least they did away with hitting you with $5 a day your negative after 5 buisness days, now they just charge you a $15 extended overdraft fee.  There supposed to start some time this quarter letting you decide if you want them to allow charges to the account after there's no money in it, which I'll be using, I can't tell you the thousands I've paid in overdraft fees, it's too tempting to use that debit card when there's no money.

Also, one thing you might not know, you get one reversal of overdraft fees a year with Chase, once the overdraft fees come in call the bank and explain the situation, they'll most likely reverse the fee's, I had $75 reversed once by asking, and $175 another.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 06:50:23 PM by trax1 »
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2010, 06:52:27 PM »
My advice is to post this thread where it belongs.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline MadHatter

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2010, 07:11:47 PM »
My apologies Steve. Completely forgot about the O' Club (Not a forum I generally look at) Skuzzy, I'm sorry, I'll pay better attention next time. To Steve, normally this is the point where I turn on the sarcasm, but I'm just too damned tired, so good on ya, thanks for the check, keep fighting the good fight.  :aok

Now to see if I can move this myself.....
-MadHat

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2010, 07:25:22 PM »
My apologies Steve. Completely forgot about the O' Club (Not a forum I generally look at) Skuzzy, I'm sorry, I'll pay better attention next time. To Steve, normally this is the point where I turn on the sarcasm, but I'm just too damned tired, so good on ya, thanks for the check, keep fighting the good fight.  :aok

Now to see if I can move this myself.....

Well come back when you are rested. I enjoy clever sarcasm.    :aok
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline MadHatter

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2010, 07:35:04 PM »
LOL, when I read your first post my first thought was "That Son of a ...", then your second post made me laugh, so you aint so bad after all.  :salute

Seriuosly tho, I am sorry I put the topic in the wrong spot.
-MadHat

Offline texastc316

• Silver Member
      • Mighty 316th
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2010, 07:03:48 AM »
The bank I'm dealing with is Chase (which we're not too happy with to begin with).

your screwed. They wont help you. Im so sick of that company I could spit.
TexsTC-CO/Court Jester-Mighty 316th FS "CREEPING DEATH"  in MA/FSO

The eager pilots are not experienced. And the experienced not eager.

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline infowars

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2010, 11:23:18 AM »
All the banks have a new "screw the consumer" programs they run.  I hate banks.
SWneo <==== In game name. Cpt 125th Spartan Warriors.