Author Topic: The top sticks of today...  (Read 23343 times)

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
Re: The top sticks of today...
« Reply #105 on: January 11, 2010, 02:48:26 AM »
I'm usually in bed dreaming of sweet things when you lot are clashing around the MA and Dueling each other so I never expect that many to remember or put my name forward when it comes to these glorification threads.

I would say the biggest things that can define a top stick;

Frequent KOTH wins
Consistent top 20 fighter rank positions month in month out
regular high scoring kill runs not just your 4,5,6's but double digits.  (easily able to maintain a 10:1  K/D when you are trying)
A good dueling reputation where you can hold your own against the top 10%.
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #106 on: January 11, 2010, 04:10:10 AM »
Fighter score? Kills Landed?

I'm sorry these aren't THAT hard to do, just need patience
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #107 on: January 11, 2010, 04:17:54 AM »
How many of these 'top sticks' have taken a new guy under their care and showed them how to play AH from top to bottom? How much time has any one of them spent helping a new guy setup his stick and taught him how to merge? How many of them answer a single solitary question in the text buffer like 'how do I move my PT boat?'

Now go find your top stick.  :neener:
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #108 on: January 11, 2010, 04:21:05 AM »
How many of these 'top sticks' have taken a new guy under their care and showed them how to play AH from top to bottom? How much time has any one of them spent helping a new guy setup his stick and taught him how to merge? How many of them answer a single solitary question in the text buffer like 'how do I move my PT boat?'

Wow......WMLute is on most of their lists.......SunsFan,Grizz, and Agent have all helped me........Del is a TRAINER.........and I showed Krupnski the immelmen merge which I shouldnt have because now he is a E fighting turd :devil
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #109 on: January 11, 2010, 04:54:13 AM »

What are you crying about? Uptown mentioned you.
Voss
See. :neener:
See Rule #4

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #110 on: January 11, 2010, 04:55:18 AM »
Fighter score? Kills Landed?

I'm sorry these aren't THAT hard to do, just need patience

patience is a good trait to have as a fighter pilot.   Are you telling me that the top ten fighter rank guys every month do not have any skills whatsoever and couldn't pwn little old junky into the middle of next week??

I think not!

just because you do not bother with these things don't assume you could post such stats...  I do neither anymore but the records speak for themselves. 
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 04:59:39 AM by Bruv119 »
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #111 on: January 11, 2010, 05:57:57 AM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 10:27:30 AM by Skuzzy »
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #112 on: January 11, 2010, 06:11:47 AM »

I've trained more than you have Voss.   Is Vaporware still around or are you taking "more donations"? 
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #113 on: January 11, 2010, 06:15:16 AM »

well let me see. I've recieved some kind of help at one time or the other from Shawk,Bipolar, Skyrock, some of the 80th guys,SkatSr(who should be mentioned in this thread), dTango......and I'm forgetting many, many more. Though I don't know or care about the finer points of gaming the game as you, I try to use my limited knowledge helping noobs out on the Help channel. Have yet to see help anyone but yourself.
Lighten up Francis

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #114 on: January 11, 2010, 06:26:26 AM »
patience is a good trait to have as a fighter pilot.   Are you telling me that the top ten fighter rank guys every month do not have any skills whatsoever and couldn't pwn little old junky into the middle of next week??

I think not!

just because you do not bother with these things don't assume you could post such stats...  I do neither anymore but the records speak for themselves. 
Bruv,
From the names in the top 10, I can and have beat many of them 1v1(not saying I beat them more then they beat me but Ill hang with them)....others on there...like Hoagi....Oh gosh finally the name actually came out...I have seen him flying his LA behind a horde from both sides....he hides like a coward behind his sqaud....at least J0ker can back up hiding in a horde by actually being good

I wont ever probably go for top 10, I have thought about it, but after an hour of picking I had no fun because there wasnt any skill behind my kills I was getting.

This is what its about Bruv http://www.mediafire.com/?dolokkrgdfz
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #115 on: January 11, 2010, 06:35:41 AM »
Challenge is Voss?  wtf?

Offline scot12b

• Silver Member
« Reply #116 on: January 11, 2010, 06:45:32 AM »

:O :salute

Offline sunfan1121

• Gold Member
« Reply #117 on: January 11, 2010, 07:21:13 AM »
The Best stick is Kazaa right now hands down. He's across the pond not many normal hour playing Americans get to see him fly, but without a doubt in my mind he's the best. (for now) :D
A drunk driver will run a stop sign. A stoned driver will stop until it turns green.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #118 on: January 11, 2010, 07:41:24 AM »
And it's about time for the "newer" generation to get their due/props.   :joystick: :rock

:old:
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline TexMurphy

• Silver Member
« Reply #119 on: January 11, 2010, 07:44:48 AM »
There is tons of great pilots like Bone, Del, Corky, Kazaa, Lazer, ect..

Then you have the great pilots who are also great leaders dhyran and bruv. Its one thing to be a great pilot when fighting but another when fighting and leading. Imho that creates another dimention to their skill level which makes them stand out.

But then you have one guy who is propably the pilot I admire the most and thats Greebo. All of the other pilots mentioned fly with other good to great pilots. But Greebo works alone he fights where there is a fight to be fought regardless who is there or how it looks. He flies in a plane that is extreamly hard to be successfull in as a lone ranger due to its limited views. Not only is he successfull in his F6F but he manages to strike fear in his opponenets like no other player can. You always hear "carefull guys Greebo is around watch the F6Fs in the area" over vox, you never hear that with any other pilot to such a big extent as you do with Greebo.

So my vote for best pilot in game goes to Greebo.

Tex