Author Topic: The top sticks of today...  (Read 23448 times)

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
Re: The top sticks of today...
« Reply #120 on: January 11, 2010, 09:10:08 AM »
I generally have to agree with Karaya.

1.) Drex
2.) Levi
3.) Everyone else

Currently flying today?  I'd say Kappa, Delirium and the third is a toss-up for me between TC and Grizz.

At the end of the day, though, there are so many criteria for "best" that you can go in multiple directions.  By plane, for example, I'd say Dogg is the best in a Corsair.  51 is a tossup between Oldmn and Steve.  109 between Agent and he who does not play anymore, etc, etc...

And there are still so many names missing from this thread... just serves to reinforce Karaya's post.  The third spot can be populated by twenty or thirty guys on "any given Sunday."

Offline PanosGR

• Nickel Member
« Reply #121 on: January 11, 2010, 09:14:02 AM »
1.) Drex
2.) Levi
3.) Everyone else

so I'm in the third place  :banana:

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #122 on: January 11, 2010, 09:21:07 AM »
I'd say 657325 but lately I've seen 426897 more often and he's really to the point of almost being unbeatable. The thing about 657325 is the fact he is always a gentleman where 426897's head will rotate from time to time and you'll have to call in a priest.

As for a third choice... I have not seen 000003 in a long time.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #123 on: January 11, 2010, 09:24:59 AM »
^

Perfect example of a name missing from the list.

Offline IrishOne

• Silver Member
« Reply #124 on: January 11, 2010, 09:44:52 AM »
Chi
Adonai
the losers in the 500 mph vertical goon with the smoke on......never seen ANY of you pull that move off! :x
-AoM-

Offline R 105

• Silver Member
« Reply #125 on: January 11, 2010, 09:47:26 AM »
Did anyone name Rondar or Dr7 for tankers that no one likes to see at a spawn. Rondar may be the best tanker in the game.

R-105

Offline mcboi

• Copper Member
« Reply #126 on: January 11, 2010, 10:14:23 AM »
I think i would have to give my vote to the following for their undeniable skill and willingness to always engage in a fight no matter what the odds.

1) Greebo (I never like to see an F6-F in british markings)  :mad:
2) Kappa (I learned the other day that he can fly the hell outta a pony)  :salute
3) WMlute (Always a good fight when we meet)  :rock

Offline FALCONWING

• Silver Member
« Reply #127 on: January 11, 2010, 10:38:12 AM »
I think i would have to give my vote to the following for their undeniable skill and willingness to always engage in a fight no matter what the odds.

1) Greebo (I never like to see an F6-F in british markings)  :mad:
2) Kappa (I learned the other day that he can fly the hell outta a pony)  :salute
3) WMlute (Always a good fight when we meet)  :rock

Always interesting how these lists turn out...this may be the only one i agree with and I would likely switch kappa out and move Lute up.  AkDogg deserves to be in the top 3.  To be fair to Kappa I dont run into him much.  Grizz is playing very well these days as well and should be on a list.  Kazaa is a solid stick as well.  Unfortunately alot of the guys responding to this aren't long time vets who haven't really sampled what is out there.  I agree with the poster who recommended flying KoTH.  I thought I was uber until the first time I flew in there and had my pants flown off.  Alot of those guys are names you won't even consider for this list and they are better MA sticks.

What is more interesting is pull up threads like these over the last 5-7 years and see how our collective memory fades.  It just shows that whoever is number one today can be completely forgotten if they dont stay front and center on these boards and ch 200 in the game.

What gives me the most hope is that folks recognize Greebo's talent even though he is a quiet player. :aok
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 12:21:28 PM by FALCONWING »
SECRET ANTI-BBS BULLY CLUB

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #128 on: January 11, 2010, 11:08:48 AM »
What is more interesting is pull up threads like these over the last 5-7 years and see how our collective memory fades.  It just shows that whoever is number one today can be completely forgotten if they dont stay front and center on these boards and ch 200 in the game.

Thats an interesting point.  What are you searching for to get the past threads?

Offline AKDogg

• Gold Member
      • http://aksquad.net/
« Reply #129 on: January 11, 2010, 11:25:05 AM »
Personally I feel there is no best pilot.  There are great pilots but no best pilots.  1 main reason is this:  Pilot x can beat pilot y, but pilot x can't beat pilot z, where pilot y can beat pilot z.  What it comes down to is like someone said earlier that any one of the great pilots can be top dog at any given time.
AKDogg
Arabian knights
#Dogg in AW
http://aksquad.net/

Offline Kazan_HB

• Skinner Team
  • Silver Member
« Reply #130 on: January 11, 2010, 11:32:29 AM »
Greebo
Grizz
Bruv119
all my killers :D
The Few
Since Tour 93

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #131 on: January 11, 2010, 11:35:52 AM »
Personally I feel there is no best pilot.  There are great pilots but no best pilots.  1 main reason is this:  Pilot x can beat pilot y, but pilot x can't beat pilot z, where pilot y can beat pilot z.  What it comes down to is like someone said earlier that any one of the great pilots can be top dog at any given time.

Top Dog???? Sounds like your pushing your own agenda.  :P

:rofl
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #132 on: January 11, 2010, 12:05:05 PM »
Top Dog???? Sounds like your pushing your own agenda.  :P
 :rofl

as you slowly "shuffle" your way into mention.  :aok
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #133 on: January 11, 2010, 12:09:21 PM »
::cough::

Half these guys dont even know who #1 and #2 were.  Its all relative.  I'd have mentioned you, but you fall into the same boat. 

"Shane who?  Whats a slobberdonkey?"  ;)

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #134 on: January 11, 2010, 12:12:23 PM »
Oh, and for some recent actual reference (will have to scroll to right to see other side of bracket).

EDIT:  Hmm... bottom is missing, though...
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 12:14:40 PM by Saurdaukar »