Author Topic: The top sticks of today...  (Read 23345 times)

Offline TonyJoey

• Silver Member
Re: The top sticks of today...
« Reply #180 on: January 11, 2010, 10:03:57 PM »
Dedalos, Kazaa, Batfink, Bighorn In no particular order.

Offline Big Rat

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #181 on: January 11, 2010, 10:20:51 PM »
I haven't seen WideWing mentioned in this thread.  He's always good for putting my ego in check :lol

:salute
BigRat
When you think the fight might be going bad, it already has.
Becoming one with the Hog, is to become one with Greatness, VF-17 XO & training officer BigRat

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #182 on: January 11, 2010, 10:27:07 PM »
Dedalos, Kazaa, Batfink, Bighorn In no particular order.

Huh? Whats wrong with the order?  Looks good to me :)

Btw, u just put me ahead of shawk lol
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #183 on: January 11, 2010, 11:01:08 PM »
The "new blood" would be bled dry pretty quick by the "old breed". :D

Amen

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #184 on: January 11, 2010, 11:06:26 PM »
I was fortunate enough to come back for a bit in '08 and encountered quite a few of these currently hot-rated sticks.  :joystick:  Some already had it, some I saw potential in.  :airplane: I'm sure they've come even further since then.  Like I said a few pages back, time to give the new generation their due/props  :banana: but bear in mind, they (mostly) learned from us older players  :old:  who in turn learned from those who came before us  :salute  So be sure to pass it along to the next generation of squeekers.  :x

This is my hope when I made this thread. Really new guys can look at whos good these days and ask for help, which in turn will lead to better game play and fights for all :salute
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #185 on: January 11, 2010, 11:07:50 PM »
The "new blood" would be bled dry pretty quick by the "old breed". :D
Oh we may need to set up a date in the DA for all the "old breed" to get rolled over by the "new blood"  :devil
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #186 on: January 11, 2010, 11:18:00 PM »
I'm surprised no one has mentioned SHawk's mullet.  Everyone knows it's the Mullet that's the power behind the throne.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
« Reply #187 on: January 11, 2010, 11:25:01 PM »
Oh we may need to set up a date in the DA for all the "old breed" to get rolled over by the "new blood"  :devil
could yeild some interesting results. Like a squad duelling match New breed vs Old.
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #188 on: January 11, 2010, 11:27:51 PM »
could yeild some interesting results. Like a squad duelling match New breed vs Old.
I think the names should be

New Hotness vs Old Crusties

:D
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline wetrat

• Gold Member
« Reply #189 on: January 11, 2010, 11:31:03 PM »
Kappa
Grizz
Lute
sunsfan
Dogg
Yourself Junky
Wetrat
Agent360
AKRaven

Are the guys I have real good 1 vs 1's with... Im usually on the losing end in my bomber though.. one day ill start the k4... ;)
Hey, someone remembers me :p

all-time hardest fights I'd say:

fester (when he was still very active)
kappa
nathBDP
leviathn
morpheus (hope he's doin ok!)
Lute (but only in Val's or 202's)
wildthing
manetmp/blukitty (more because I liked shooting him/her/it down than anything.. I was a bad matchup for his flying style.. usually had the edge)

Can't think of anyone else that I would go out of my way to take out simply because they're dangerous. Lots of good sticks, but no others stand out imo.

Has batfink gotten better or something? Noticed a few people name him... he used to be pretty bad, and I'm thinking of when he'd already been flying for a few years, not when he was still green. Must have changed I guess.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 11:46:35 PM by wetrat »
Army of Muppets

Offline wetrat

• Gold Member
« Reply #190 on: January 11, 2010, 11:44:02 PM »

What is more interesting is pull up threads like these over the last 5-7 years and see how our collective memory fades.  It just shows that whoever is number one today can be completely forgotten if they dont stay front and center on these boards and ch 200 in the game.

Yeah.. I can think of lots of guys I've flown with over the years that could spank most of the names being listed here. Maybe great now, but lots of great sticks come and go.
Army of Muppets

Offline SEraider

• Silver Member
« Reply #191 on: January 11, 2010, 11:52:03 PM »
My list is based on people that are peeking right now in any arena top 5.  These top 5 have demonstrated skills in a variety of aircraft and can fight and ACM in any aircraft to beat their opponent.

In no order:
Dedalos aka deadalot  :O
Grizz
Mtnman
Sunsfan
Krupnski

There are a lot a great sticks that are not peaking or 'in the zone' but were there at one time or another.  There are guys I never fought or rarely fought to give an honest perception of where they are at.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 11:56:03 PM by SEraider »
* I am the embodiment of Rule #14
* History is only recent.
* Stick and Stones won't break my bones, but names could "hurt" me.

CO Screaming Eagles

Offline TW9

• Silver Member
      • http://www.tedwilliams.com
« Reply #192 on: January 12, 2010, 12:31:58 AM »

Has batfink gotten better or something? Noticed a few people name him... he used to be pretty bad, and I'm thinking of when he'd already been flying for a few years, not when he was still green. Must have changed I guess.

ya a couple years ago a few muppets had to whip him into shape. i hope he's doin ok otherwise it was all for not  :huh
Quote from: sax
The community lacks personality , thank #@# for TW9 or
there would'nt even be anyone --------- left .
Quote from: Krusty
Edit2: BAN the ass-hat. That's not skuzzy, that's a tard named TW9

Offline mensa180

• Platinum Member
« Reply #193 on: January 12, 2010, 12:55:10 AM »
Bighorn is the best I have ever fought.
inactive
80th FS "Headhunters"
Public Relations Officer

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #194 on: January 12, 2010, 12:56:44 AM »
The best sticks are those that put forth the effort getting slaughtered by sticks better than them.  Conditioning yourself to not do something anymore because you are sick of the result of doing such maneuver, ie., getting killed and having to take off again.  I started dueling and focusing on ACM a little over a year ago.  When I started I had a general idea what I was doing but ultimately sucked.  I'd get smacked around like a red headed step child by the likes of Dedalos, batfinkv, kazaa, Shane, SkyRock, Agent360, Scotch, Texture, Tonyjoey, VIOLATOR, Pawz.  There are others, point being, I wasn't as good as these guys and that irked me.  I'd call it a combination of having a little bit of ego and competitive nature to want to be as good as these names but also being able to humble oneself and accept these guys were flat out better and to learn from them.  If they can do it, why can't I?

I never understand why pilots are so afraid to go duel 1v1s in the DA and possibly learn something.  It's as if they feel like they are being set up when they get challenged or invited to duel.  "If I go to the DA, he's going to find out I'm not as good as I pedestal myself to be so I'll just stay here and talk smack in the safety of my numbers". I remember when I was challenged by Skyrock and Agent360 to the DA after they got annoyed by my MA picking escapades.  I have to thank them for bringing the competitive and sporting spirit out of me in the game by smacking me around in there.  That was the beginning for me.

Mostly every night there's 1v1s going on between bases A23 and A24.  Find out what plane is being flown, pick a side to even it out, and have at it.  You'll get ten times the quality of fights in a tenth of the time in the MA.  If you're looking to get better this is how it's done.