Author Topic: The top sticks of today...  (Read 23339 times)

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: The top sticks of today...
« Reply #195 on: January 12, 2010, 01:08:42 AM »
"To unlock your own ownage, first you must be owned"

:devil
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
« Reply #196 on: January 12, 2010, 01:45:11 AM »
"To unlock your own ownage, first you must be owned"

:devil
"when you can trad the rice paper without leaving a mark Grasshopper, then you are ready to leave your footprints on the world"
Kung Fu
circa somewhere in the early seventies
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #197 on: January 12, 2010, 02:22:10 AM »
Bone has natural talent and the hunger to improve, he also has a sponge like ability to soak up ACM from people he duels.

It's scary. :eek:

I've always enjoyed my fights with him, it's nice to run into a Spitfire driver that actually knows what he's doing.  Wish he'd pop in MW more often, only real challenging fights I've come across is when guys like DrBone, Slapshot, Stang and Dedalos drop in.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Redd

• Silver Member
« Reply #198 on: January 12, 2010, 02:40:50 AM »
TC, one of 1,000 names was Bovidae lol. He is trying to come back but he is so old, by the time the computer boots up, he forgets why he turned it on lol

BH is both a great stick(one ofthe best) and personally responsible for teaching a lot of guys while operating under one of his many nicknames. I was going to jump in if no-one had mentioned him.

Of the old guard Levi,Drex,Nath,Mane/Bluekitty,Wildthing all seemed to have an "X" factor that set them apart from the rest . Other guys that were also great sticks Shane Stang Dedalos TC SR Kappa . In coming back recently a couple of people that have I've seen in the DA like Grizz and Sunsfan are great sticks and good guys to go with it.

Beats me why people are scared to fight someone better then them , it's the only way to improve.

I come from a land downunder

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #199 on: January 12, 2010, 02:44:10 AM »
I think the names should be

New Hotness vs Old Crusties

:D
New Hotness vs Levi. Nuff said. :D

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #200 on: January 12, 2010, 03:15:02 AM »
New Hotness vs Levi. Nuff said. :D
:O He must have some skill if your willing to throw him in the ring by himself........against the best sticks the game has ever seen :D :aok :lol
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline IronDog

• Nickel Member
« Reply #201 on: January 12, 2010, 05:38:47 AM »
I like Twinboom,Delirium,SkyRock,Kappa,Lazer,Hooch.Souless,Killnu,These are guys I had the pleasure of flying with.Since the 475th broke up,and my friends went on to fly with other squads,like the Muppets,now I have these guys shooting down my cartoon plane,and I can really appreciate their  skill.Levi gave me the pleasure of letting me ride in his plane,and I must say he belongs on a list of top pilots.Another choice would be Shane,and he's not last on any list.He can fly as good as he can piss you off.Steve is another good one,and don't make the mistake of picking him,as your ears will be overburdened with his input!Greebo is a really nice guy,and don't get slow with his "Cat" or he will make you pay.If he has managed to get you slow,don't try exiting,as he can hit you real regularily at 800 meters!When I was with the 71st,Batfink displayed an uncanny ability to destroy the other guys aircraft.I also liked Snaphooks ability in  a A20.The whole 71st squad had a lot of good sticks,and they would be my choice of top squads if a best squad poll ever came up.
ID

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #202 on: January 12, 2010, 07:18:04 AM »
I hate running into him down low!

No you don't ... you LOVE it ... :D
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Scotty55OEFVet

• Nickel Member
« Reply #203 on: January 12, 2010, 07:57:07 AM »
oh this is a easy one.
1.Chalenge
2.Pacerr
3.that guy in the Jokers that thinks hes a sandwich

Havent ran into Chalenge, Pacerr defiantely, but Hoagi???  All I have ever seen him do is vulch fields.  I have never seen him live low in a one on one...now thats not saying he is bad, but there are many who are much better.  I havent seen any Nods for VonMessa either, he is a great 1V1.  And suprised not to see Lute on too man lists.

"War can only be abolished through war...in order to get rid of the gun it is necessary to take up the gun."

RedDevil

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #204 on: January 12, 2010, 08:06:10 AM »
If they can do it, why can't I?

And that sums it up.

About 5 years ago (maybe longer?) I was at 2K in a spit over the water.  I saw this little lonely spit 5 about 10 feet of the water.  The guy looked AFK so with all my skillz I hit the wep and dove in.  1K...800..600 ready to fire, the guy does not know I am there 400 . . . spit pulls up, rolls and I am in the tower.  Some old guy name SlapShot or something like that had killed me lol.  From that day all I wanted to do was learn how to do that and every time he was in the area, I would go after him just to see how I would do.  He had become my measure of skill lol.  But that is what made me change.  That one moment was my WTF? What did he just do?  Why can't I do that?  I was also lucky to get in the DA at a time that bighorn, nomak, morph etc . . . . where at their prime and learned a lot form them and the very high nymber of fights you could put in in an hour in the DA.  That environment does not exist anymore so the new guys will have a litle bit of harder time getting there.

One more thing, after Slap killed me that day I did not change fields, did not call my friends, and did not get a lala to go HO him.  I went back in the same plane and same alt to get spanked again and again.  You got to have that in you also.
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #205 on: January 12, 2010, 08:21:09 AM »
And that sums it up.

About 5 years ago (maybe longer?) I was at 2K in a spit over the water.  I saw this little lonely spit 5 about 10 feet of the water.  The guy looked AFK so with all my skillz I hit the wep and dove in.  1K...800..600 ready to fire, the guy does not know I am there 400 . . . spit pulls up, rolls and I am in the tower.  Some old guy name SlapShot or something like that had killed me lol.  From that day all I wanted to do was learn how to do that and every time he was in the area, I would go after him just to see how I would do.  He had become my measure of skill lol.  But that is what made me change.  That one moment was my WTF? What did he just do?  Why can't I do that?  I was also lucky to get in the DA at a time that bighorn, nomak, morph etc . . . . where at their prime and learned a lot form them and the very high nymber of fights you could put in in an hour in the DA.  That environment does not exist anymore so the new guys will have a litle bit of harder time getting there.

One more thing, after Slap killed me that day I did not change fields, did not call my friends, and did not get a lala to go HO him.  I went back in the same plane and same alt to get spanked again and again.  You got to have that in you also.

Upped a CV and fought a LA-7 in an F6f.  Found myself in the tower quick.

So I upped a Seafire.  Lala is low, we fought, BOOM back in the tower.

Ok, now i'm getting miffed.

Upped a zeke and just as quick BOOM back in the tower.

Upped a zeke two more times and both times found myself dead fairly quickly.

Hrmmm.....

How can a La7 stall fight and WIN otd vs. a zeke??

That fight started me down the road of seeking out all the "good" sticks in the game and trying to figure out how to win a fight.  It musta been 6-7 years ago ish.

The lala pilot was Shane.

In my opinion the best La7 pilot the game has ever had.
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #206 on: January 12, 2010, 08:21:59 AM »
Oh, and for some recent actual reference (will have to scroll to right to see other side of bracket).

(Image removed from quote.)

EDIT:  Hmm... bottom is missing, though...

lol.  The bracket was so big I had to post it as two files to get it to load into photobucket.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #207 on: January 12, 2010, 08:57:02 AM »
top sticks..........those that're willing to pass on their knowledge and skill to lesser skilled pile-its.  :aok
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #208 on: January 12, 2010, 08:57:27 AM »
:O He must have some skill if your willing to throw him in the ring by himself........against the best sticks the game has ever seen :D :aok :lol
You really have no idea do you?

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #209 on: January 12, 2010, 09:01:20 AM »
And that sums it up.

Wow ... same thing I did with Leviathn ... I couldn't help myself from going back to get my arse wooped over and over again ... and then reviewed the films the next day ... films are a tremendous learning tool.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."