Author Topic: The top sticks of today...  (Read 23339 times)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: The top sticks of today...
« Reply #255 on: January 12, 2010, 04:07:27 PM »
Masherbrum.

Do you not think Wilbuz falls under Godlike status with Levi and Drex?

Wilbuz is good or at least was, since he no longer plays but one time flying with Lev really stands out.  We're both on the deck with me just having finish taking off and Lev is about 5k away in a Spit V when he is bounced by 6 planes.  I tell him that I'm on the way, fully expecting him to have been picked by the time I get there and to my surprise when I do get there, Lev only left one bandit for me to kill as the other 5 were already dead.

Another time, I see Drex in a Ju88 engage 4 bandits and watched him work his magic as he flew that thing like a Spitfire and shot down all 4 bandits in a very short time, think the fight lasted just a couple of minutes.  

Watching those two at the top of their game was something definitely to see.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #256 on: January 12, 2010, 04:08:45 PM »
So, are you saying Wilbuz wasn't consistent? I'm not sure how it answers Kazaa's question.
He was pretty consistently outnumbered yet annoying the hell out of opposition every time I've seen him.

I can only recollect about 3 or 4 times I've come across Wilbuz in the 8+ years I've been playing.   Airmess is another "european" who was consistent.  Since "some are feeling slighted" in a fit of overreaction.  
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #257 on: January 12, 2010, 04:17:04 PM »
Well, there must be a reason no-one mentioned you. I don't run into you so you may very well be the terror of the skies but to mention/nominate yourself is really really funny to me   :lol    :aok
:rofl :rofl :rofl +1
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.

Offline curry1

• Gold Member
« Reply #258 on: January 12, 2010, 04:20:27 PM »
Bosco
Grizz
Curry1-Since Tour 101

Offline Bucky73

• Silver Member
« Reply #259 on: January 12, 2010, 04:25:56 PM »
Batfink
Creton
Agent
SR
mtnman

In that order

a few of my squaddies are pretty fricken good at this game also.... but i'm not going to mention them.  :D :cheers:

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #260 on: January 12, 2010, 04:26:37 PM »
Masherbrum.

Do you not think Wilbuz falls under Godlike status with Levi and Drex?

Ahem, Stang told me I am the only Greek God he knows.

Although, it was dark and he was drunk, so may be he was just kidding?
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #261 on: January 12, 2010, 04:40:59 PM »
Does anyone have .ahf footage of Levi and Drex in action? If so please post it as I would love to see what these two could do.

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #262 on: January 12, 2010, 04:47:55 PM »
exactly what i said before. There isnt a best. you can be beat on any give day by anyone. You have great sticks, good, ok and learning. but no one is the best.

There is always a 'best' but I don't think you can objectively figure out who that is unless the top pilots duel a ton and record the results.  If you're beating a pilot in excess of 60-70% of the time over the span of a couple dozen duels, you are statistically likely to be better.  If however, you are winning or losing in the 45-55% range over a couple dozen duels, it's too close to call and would take a plethora of more duels to determine who is actually 'better'.  Last time I dueled Kazaa, the only plane he was better in was the Spit16.  Everything else imo was too close to call, not enough data points to conclude anything other than it was very close.

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #263 on: January 12, 2010, 05:02:45 PM »
Does anyone have .ahf footage of Levi and Drex in action? If so please post it as I would love to see what these two could do.
Think batfink has a vid called the pink panther. See if he still has it.
See Rule #4

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #264 on: January 12, 2010, 05:05:21 PM »
I've seen the PP vid which was made by Morph, I'm after any raw .ahf footage if pos.

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline glennco

• Zinc Member
« Reply #265 on: January 12, 2010, 05:10:47 PM »
Can I vote for myself as the worst stick in the game?

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #266 on: January 12, 2010, 05:11:17 PM »
I can say that I have overlooked Texture until he was mentioned in this post. I forgot how good he was in a fight. I've always admired Batfink and Dedalos to be always good all the time.
I think the thought goes that A can beat B on diffrent times, but when A can beat B all the time, and even on the bad days, that's when you know they are good. Batfink and Dedalos are good examples of that. I can only just barely beat them at any given time, no matter what they doing. I have not honestly fought Grizz in the DA in quite a long time (hint hint) so I really don't know how much he has progressed in the past couple of months. I can say when I have fought him, one of us are at the disadvatage with the planes, and one or the other wins.

As far as WMLute goes, and I am sure that I have heard him say this a couple of times, that he is the best when it comes to the SA. He has taught many people when it comes to SA, and that is where he beats most everyone there. Have I beat him a couple of times? Yes, has he beat me a couple of times? Yes.

I still seemed to be overlooked here, I've been able to beat quite a couple of people there, and multipule times to boot. I have quite a few KOTH wins under my belt, only time I don't win now is because I am not there to finish the whole thing, and even then I still come out with a win or a be a wabbit. Everytime I'm there at KOTH to finish it I win. Anytime someone wants me to prove it, I would be glad to.

<S>

definitely not up there bro sorry, I fought ya a bunch of times and from what I recall it was not at all difficult to send ya to tower,as a matter of fact I think we very recently fought in the Mains, and I sent ya to the tower in all of two turns, both times.(I think you had numbers also) no disrespect meant, so don't take it that way, but there are guys that are truly "great" and you just don't make the list.  YET keep at it maybe you will achieve that.

INK

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #267 on: January 12, 2010, 05:11:52 PM »
Think batfink has a vid called the pink panther. See if he still has it.

Classic Video!
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #268 on: January 12, 2010, 05:13:19 PM »

Unfortunately, unless you have an early version of the AH1 film .exe, the films I have aren't viewable.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline TW9

• Silver Member
      • http://www.tedwilliams.com
« Reply #269 on: January 12, 2010, 05:16:36 PM »
Unfortunately, unless you have an early version of the AH1 film .exe, the films I have aren't viewable.

ack-ack

tis sad isnt it  :cry
Quote from: sax
The community lacks personality , thank #@# for TW9 or
there would'nt even be anyone --------- left .
Quote from: Krusty
Edit2: BAN the ass-hat. That's not skuzzy, that's a tard named TW9