Author Topic: LAG  (Read 628 times)

Offline TEXICAN

• Copper Member
LAG
« on: January 14, 2010, 12:54:23 PM »
Is there some process to boot players with bad connections?  It dosent seem to take a great connection to play this game Ive played from a 3g wireless card.  But there are some players out there that lag so bad every day its frustrating.  In the last week Ive collided with 7even 4 times when he warped into me.  When I said something the response from many was thats 7even he always warps.   :huh
If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics suck!

Offline coola4me

• Copper Member
Re: LAG
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2010, 02:42:09 PM »
Is there some process to boot players with bad connections?  It dosent seem to take a great connection to play this game Ive Data Recovery Labs??????????????Data Recovery Labs??????????????Data Recovery Labs??????????????Data Recovery Labs??????????????Data Recovery Labs??????????????Data Recovery Labs??????????????Data Recovery Labs??????????????Data Recovery Labs??????????????ÑpÑp       269643985MltCpy2.10 FILL FILLed Sector; ST500DM002-9YN14 (CC4H) S1D5GMZYData Recovery Labs??????????????Data Recovery Labs??????????????Data Recovery Labs??????????????Data Recovery Labs??????????????Data Recovery Labs??????????????name that have lag due to being on a satellite conn and some that have bad conn being on wireless modem!
When i get into a fight with somebody thats warping like crazy i will disengage and either engage other targets or just leave the area! Thats just me though i know its your $14.95 but they pay $14.95 also.    :salute
CO. 172nd Rabid Dawgs
In Game Name: coola
Panties....not the greatest thing on Earth..... but next to it!!!     ME-YOW!!!

Offline TEXICAN

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2010, 03:12:29 PM »
In most games I have played the people who lag have a distinct dissadvantage.  Example would be you shoot them efore they ever see you.  That dose not seem to be the case here they warp or collide befor you get the shot.  Im all for as many players as possible and this game works amazingly well with slower connections.  But some are just too slow.  I lost 2 262's on seperate days to the same person flying buffs.  Both times this person warped into me and got the kills.  There is no way to tell who it is untill its to late.

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2010, 04:22:33 PM »
In most games I have played the people who lag have a distinct dissadvantage.  Example would be you shoot them efore they ever see you.  That dose not seem to be the case here they warp or collide befor you get the shot.  Im all for as many players as possible and this game works amazingly well with slower connections.  But some are just too slow.  I lost 2 262's on seperate days to the same person flying buffs.  Both times this person warped into me and got the kills.  There is no way to tell who it is untill its to late.

just a question...had you just killed one of the buffs before this warp?   If so, if you don't hit them in the right order they jump to a new position when the pilot enters a new one.....this could be one possible theory....I haven't noticed said player warp around me before...not to say he doesn't though.

Offline TEXICAN

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2010, 08:10:50 AM »
No I know about the buffs jumping in you way to fix the formation.  I was passing about D400 and 500mph they were straight and level as I passed all three dissapeared then boom you have collided.  So he warped 400 yards to the left and at lest 200 yards forward at +500mph.

Offline Tec

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2010, 01:26:37 AM »
In my opinion it wouldnt be fair to deny somebody from playing just because they have a connection problem!

And it's fair to the rest of us to have to deal with their problem?  There are easy solutions to both the situations you pose.
To each their pwn.
K$22L7AoH

Offline coola4me

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2010, 11:31:11 AM »
What would be the easy solution? I'm really not trying to defend people with bad connections,they can do that themselves. It's just I feel sorry I suppose to those that can't play with a "normal" connection!
CO. 172nd Rabid Dawgs
In Game Name: coola
Panties....not the greatest thing on Earth..... but next to it!!!     ME-YOW!!!

Offline Blooz

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2010, 01:11:10 PM »
Unless you can shrink the size of the planet, increase the speed of light or influence the equipment that ISP's and players use to network, I think you'll just have to live with life as it is in the world of virtual reality.
White 9
JG11 Sonderstaffel

"You can't vote your way out of communism."

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2010, 02:25:12 PM »
sometimes it is not the connection... in some cases all it takes is to trim your PC prior to playing....Game booster is one I use....

Offline Clone155

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2010, 08:14:26 PM »
I have been in the situation of bad lagging, and it is not fun. Imagine watching a slide show of AH, and trying to control that, plus the random and frequent discos.

I do understand the other side of things as well though, some times lagging can be cheap. I can remember a few years back when I lagged in a panzer, and to compensate with the lag the game let me fire off 10 rounds in 5 seconds. And there would always be the "warp drive" or so I would call it, were I would lag really bad, and the game would compensate by forcing my plane to go close to double my normal speed. This sudden speed boost would however cause me to crash because it is near impossible to control.