Author Topic: Minimum Number of Sorties Required for score?  (Read 3146 times)

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
Re: Minimum Number of Sorties Required for score?
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2010, 03:58:20 PM »
I understand the request and trying to limit those who fly a handfull of exceptional fighter sorties then fly attack mode the rest of the camp but what about guys like me who don't play as much?  I become a rankless player?

I actually like to look at my stats/ranks to see where I stand against others in the arena, even if my playtime is limited.

This would just give me one less reason to play the game.

Actually, it will give u a better idea on where u are standing. Right now you are comparibg yourself to people that put one good vulch together. Doesnt really tell u anything about you. Im not saying to take your stats away. You can still see them. Just dont count the score on the final rankings
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2010, 07:03:55 PM »
Actually, it will give u a better idea on where u are standing. Right now you are comparibg yourself to people that put one good vulch together. Doesnt really tell u anything about you. Im not saying to take your stats away. You can still see them. Just dont count the score on the final rankings

Not to mention one guy flies all the uber planes to get rank..... where #20 in a p-40 is much better.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2010, 10:39:56 AM »
Has anyone noticed, that apparently nobody cares about score, but always claim everybody else does? :bolt:
"You kill 'em all, I'll eat the BATCO!"
The GFC

"Not within a thousand years will man ever fly" - Wilbur Wright

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2010, 10:45:24 AM »
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2010, 10:46:09 AM »
Bald, thats why I suggested a %

So if you had 8 sorties as attack, you'd need at least 2 sorties in each other category to be eligible.
Promoting the well rounded player. And making it harder to fly 1 or 2 sorties as fighter with lots of help, vulches and the rest as attack.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2010, 10:50:42 AM »
Has anyone noticed, that apparently nobody cares about score, but always claim everybody else does? :bolt:

There are quite a few that do think score means something. It's just always seems broke. Many of us look for the fun and damn the score.

BTW like your ava.  :aok
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2010, 11:05:19 AM »
Get rid of Rank altogether.  

I agree.  But:  Lets be honest.

If they did that how else would they sell the wannabe-pilet uberness on their webpage to a prospective sucker........ Its the bait on the hook to compete and be ranked with the elitist of the game.  Its the first thing you see.  

Most of us know the dweebery these guys do to get ranked month after month, Its usually the same ones.  
Yet its proudly displayed as some contest or badge of honor that they have achieved against all odds or some awesome ability, yet most of them are there not for any of these reasons, they consistently are there for learning how to manipulate their scores by exploiting the game irregularities. Nothing more.  
Dont get me wrong, some are decent sticks, timid, but decent sticks.  They just know how to: and by the term "game the game".  

Congrats on your achievements by the way.  Kudos.   ;)

January 4, 2010
Main Arena Tour 119 Completed

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kudos to the top pilots of Tour 119. Early, Mid, and Late War Tour 120 has now begun.
----->Late War
Top Overall Ranking – Hoagi, runner-up pacerr
Top Fighter Ranking – Grizz, runner-up Wmaker
Top Bomber Ranking – Boom, runner-up Chalenge
Top Attack Ranking – Snailman, runner-up Ammo
Top Vehicle Ranking – SHawk, runner-up pacerr

----->Mid War
Top Overall Ranking – 1IH420, runner-up Dotcommi
Top Fighter Ranking – Shuffler, runner-up Dotcommi
Top Bomber Ranking – BobCat1, runner-up Bul1dog2
Top Attack Ranking – RS59, runner-up 1IH420
Top Vehicle Ranking – 1IH420, runner-up TonyJoey

----->Early War
Top Overall Ranking – flatiron, runner-up 2AEvan
Top Fighter Ranking – IrishOne, runner-up Banshee7
Top Bomber Ranking – flatiron, runner-up Mato
Top Attack Ranking – Pluto, runner-up flatiron
Top Vehicle Ranking – flatiron, runner-up 1MADDOG1
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 11:07:33 AM by Dadsguns »

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2010, 11:13:52 AM »
Yet its proudly displayed as some contest or badge of honor that they have achieved against all odds or some awesome ability,
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kudos to the top pilots of Tour 119. Early, Mid, and Late War Tour 120 has now begun.

Someone notice than almost all of that "top ranked" guys never mention their rank or score in any way? I can't remember one of those having bragged about their rank.

Indeed, the only ones constantly talking about score are the ones that say they do not care  :lol

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2010, 11:16:22 AM »
That's embarrassing  :cry
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2010, 11:18:55 AM »

Someone notice than almost all of that "top ranked" guys never mention their rank or score in any way? I can't remember one of those having bragged about their rank.

Why would they brag about doing something that they know would embarrass them?  Would you?  They know there is nothing to brag about in the way they achieve their rank.

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2010, 11:21:41 AM »
Why would they brag about doing something that they know would embarrass them?  Would you?  They know there is nothing to brag about in the way they achieve their rank.

Ok.. I am amongst "them"... which way I do achieve my #1 rank?

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2010, 11:22:41 AM »
Ok.. I am amongst "them"... which way I do achieve my #1 rank?

Do tell. 

This is going to be good.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2010, 11:26:02 AM »
Do tell. 

This is going to be good.

Nice dodge. You are the one claiming to know how I do. Now tell me, and explain what part of it is "nothing to brag about".

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #43 on: January 18, 2010, 11:28:14 AM »
Why would they brag about doing something that they know would embarrass them?  Would you?  They know there is nothing to brag about in the way they achieve their rank.

Umm.... I was just flying. Most all of mine is low alt (5k and less). Rarely will you see me above 10k. I'm just in my big ol' 38.

While what you say may be true in some cases.... it is not in mine. I did not even know I was on there till someone brought it to my attention. If anything it just proves rank means nothing.

I don't like being on the front page of AH. I've always been one to think they should stop posting those on the site. Leave it for folks who may be interested in it to look it up.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: January 18, 2010, 11:30:09 AM »
Nice dodge. You are the one claiming to know how I do. Now tell me, and explain what part of it is "nothing to brag about".

:rofl  Dodge?   Lets get it from the horses mouth since now you want to represent the lollipop guild