Author Topic: Why do you play the game?  (Read 10676 times)

Offline Boozeman

• Nickel Member
Re: Why do you play the game?
« Reply #120 on: January 17, 2010, 09:59:45 AM »

my point is validated

i have forgotten the first time we have met i dont take anything on 200 serious and i like to argue on 200 its entertaining most of it is DA bait
but here you sound like a wealthy snob

I can remember our first time very well...you sounded like, well, a snobbish whiner:

:rofl

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #121 on: January 17, 2010, 10:01:11 AM »
Honor is a personal thing. Even in the game a player can have honor.

If I were in a situation where I was out of fuel, an enemy was following me and I had to ensure a safe landing I would do whatever it takes to eliminate that threat when possible.

Are you SO sure snaphook would have let him just land on his own? Are you saying nobody ever got vulched landing or taking off in MA? LOL gimme a break.

You have to remember that wmaker knew what kind of butterfinger I am, he couldn't count on me and some unknown player to be able to kill a superior fighter like snaphook.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 10:03:32 AM by MrRiplEy[H] »
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
      • 39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"
« Reply #122 on: January 17, 2010, 10:01:58 AM »
I can remember our first time very well...you sounded like, well, a snobbish whiner:

(Image removed from quote.)

lol DA bait if you take anything i say serious ive won lolz
TBs Sounds 
39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"NOSEART

Offline Boozeman

• Nickel Member
« Reply #123 on: January 17, 2010, 10:03:16 AM »

lol DA bait if you take anything i say serious ive won lolz

Why not simply ask for DA? You may have got what you wanted.  :aok

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
« Reply #124 on: January 17, 2010, 10:04:25 AM »
Why not simply ask for DA? You may have got what you wanted.  :aok

i want to piss u off and get a good duel judding by u keeping a screen shot id say i pissed u off lol who does that :)
TBs Sounds 

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #125 on: January 17, 2010, 10:05:14 AM »
i want to piss u off and get a good duel judding by u keeping a screen shot id say i pissed u off lol who does that :)

Sounds more like desperate excuses not to be rolled over by HTC banstick for violating EULA.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
« Reply #126 on: January 17, 2010, 10:06:54 AM »
Sounds more like desperate excuses not to be rolled over by HTC banstick for violating EULA.

lol think whatever i guess calling a friend of mine an "official retard" make you the supreme player
besides when was this screen like 2 yrs ago when parrots were here

if they want to ban over this DA bait so be it i could care less plenty of other games out there
TBs Sounds 

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #127 on: January 17, 2010, 10:07:38 AM »

lol think whatever i guess calling a friend of mine an "official retard" make you the supreme player
besides when was this screen like 2 yrs ago when parrots were here

I think many who read the text actually agree in my assessment. :)

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #128 on: January 17, 2010, 10:07:41 AM »
Let me make a comment here.

1st I certainly was "situationally aware". I had flown the triangle south then west then north covering 3 bases looking for a fight in general and the 239's in particular. With out question I have no reasonable expectation of a "fair fight" or is anyone under an obligation to offer one. All that being said we generally develop expectations specific to groups and individuals. Knowing that it was a particular squad and their love of aviation history and fondness for historic rides and the fact that they flew a couple of early/mid war rides in the LWA's I felt I had a reasonable chance of getting a fair fight.

My comment on 200 was in no way derogatory. Just surprise that none of them "called me out" to the others (not knowing how many were actually up and around). Had it been 71 SQD no way bat, RT, lengro, manny, brogy etc would have not all been going "mine mine mine" {the 71 battle cry}....but it would have been one of us. In no way does this mean that any person or squad needs to or should fly that way. I simply took offense to the comments on 200 vs a simple straight up "go pound sand" or some such.

So I have no issue with anyone disagreeing with my mind set or inclination. My simple response is that there has always been a strong history of "counting coup" both within the game and in real world WW1/WW2 aviation. Even in 1942 Savonof used to fly an I-16 over to the german bases and offer 1 on 1 combat. Surprisingly he was never ganged once doing so. So in then end my comment on 200 was one of disappointment, nothing more or less, that the circumstances didn't intuitively lead to a meaningful engagement.

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Boozeman

• Nickel Member
« Reply #129 on: January 17, 2010, 10:07:45 AM »
LOL, I kept it because i knew it would be useful one day...  :D

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #130 on: January 17, 2010, 10:07:56 AM »

(Image removed from quote.)

Good stuff there Boozeman, somewhat priceless. :) At the same time however, a rather unfortunate sign of the "community" we have here. :(

My first experience with Twinboom was very similar. Accepted his DA-challenge and shot him down. :) Not that shooting him down matters in anyway, that's just how it was.
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Thank you for the Brewster HTC!

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #131 on: January 17, 2010, 10:09:18 AM »
You still don't get it do you? You can keep your own high road and self imposed feel of superiority and shove it. It does not require _any_ action whatsoever from other players it's all in your head. You can follow your rules, the rules do not apply to anyone else.

And whats wrong with looking to show a more honorable side to the game? Your just admitting that you believe that if everyone else plays lame you should too. I on the other hand look to see the game get cleaned up. You've been around long enough to remember that there was some honor before. Sure there was some HOin, but people were new and called out for it and soon they learned to fly better with out HOin. You could call low ammo and the enemy would pull off give a salute and let you RTB.

What are the odds of that stuff happening today? ZERO! So by Wmaker running from a 1 vs 1 and then engaging only after he had numbers it shows anyone in range that it's ok to do lame crap like that because a big name/ good stick does it.

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
« Reply #132 on: January 17, 2010, 10:09:33 AM »
Good stuff there Boozeman, somewhat priceless. :) At the same time however, a rather unfortunate sign of the "community" we have here. :(

My first experience with Twinboom was very similar. Accepted his DA-challenge and shot him down. :) Not that shooting him down matters in anyway, that's just how it was.

and they were good fights
TBs Sounds 

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #133 on: January 17, 2010, 10:11:38 AM »
Let me make a comment here.

1st I certainly was "situationally aware". I had flown the triangle south then west then north covering 3 bases looking for a fight in general and the 239's in particular. With out question I have no reasonable expectation of a "fair fight" or is anyone under an obligation to offer one. All that being said we generally develop expectations specific to groups and individuals. Knowing that it was a particular squad and their love of aviation history and fondness for historic rides and the fact that they flew a couple of early/mid war rides in the LWA's I felt I had a reasonable chance of getting a fair fight.

My comment on 200 was in no way derogatory. Just surprise that none of them "called me out" to the others (not knowing how many were actually up and around). Had it been 71 SQD no way bat, RT, lengro, manny, brogy etc would have not all been going "mine mine mine" {the 71 battle cry}....but it would have been one of us. In no way does this mean that any person or squad needs to or should fly that way. I simply took offense to the comments on 200 vs a simple straight up "go pound sand" or some such.

So I have no issue with anyone disagreeing with my mind set or inclination. My simple response is that there has always been a strong history of "counting coup" both within the game and in real world WW1/WW2 aviation. Even in 1942 Savonof used to fly an I-16 over to the german bases and offer 1 on 1 combat. Surprisingly he was never ganged once doing so. So in then end my comment on 200 was one of disappointment, nothing more or less, that the circumstances didn't intuitively lead to a meaningful engagement.

Ok now we're getting somewhere:

1) Ganging is a historical fact. It always has happened. People want to live.
2) When I approached the fight I asked wmaker if he wanted to kill you alone. He said he had to rtb for fuel in seconds, feel free to join the fight.
3) We have nothing to do with the third rook player that joined there, we don't even know him by name.

So in the end you have nothing to complain about. Wmaker was rtb fuel, you followed him and got ganged by a simple coincidence.

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
« Reply #134 on: January 17, 2010, 10:12:14 AM »
LOL, I kept it because i knew it would be useful one day...  :D

hehe funny
TBs Sounds