Author Topic: Why do you play the game?  (Read 10552 times)

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Why do you play the game?
« Reply #195 on: January 17, 2010, 05:08:07 PM »
Where did you get the idea I lost any?  It was 2 out of 2 Brewster v Hurri, but we did other aircraft and I won them all, have film if required :)

For you perhaps, but if you watched the film you would have seen there were no lucky shots involved :)

Gunzo

I misread.. but whatever as wmaker stated you took films out of context to troll.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #196 on: January 17, 2010, 05:09:12 PM »
I misread.. but whatever as wmaker stated you took films out of context to troll.

I fully understand the desire to defend your squaddies, but your boy *is* the troll.

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #197 on: January 17, 2010, 05:09:58 PM »
It was 2 out of 2 Brewster v Hurri, but we did other aircraft and I won them all, have film if required :)

Please post the films of the fights with other aircraft, as we only did a couple fights me flying the Brewster and you flying the Hurricane IIC. When I suggested that we'd switch planes, you were logging in a hurry. There were no other fights with other planes.
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Thank you for the Brewster HTC!

Offline Gunzo

• Copper Member
« Reply #198 on: January 17, 2010, 05:20:26 PM »
Just wow, that definately was below the belt!

Just like your wussy arena tactics you mean?

The minute I said lets change planes you were in a hurry to leave.

Losers always want to keep going in the hope they will eventually win one, pwnage gets boring after a while. 

And here's why:

OMG you posted speed charts to explain why you lost  :rofl :rofl

Everyone knows the Brewster turns much tighter than a Hurri at any altitude, you can even see that in the film, I only overcame your advantage using my uber skilz  :rock

Just wow, I guess it's the kick Wmaker -weekend!

Give up the wussy tactics and try to fly like a manly man... you know it makes sense  :lol

Gunzo

Quote from: Changeup
1. Gunzo was world-class
Quote from: PJ_Godzilla
2. What name was Gunzo flying under when he last rolled you over and made you his beeotch?
Quote from: Midway
3. I can not be more certain about the fact that Badboy is not Gunzo

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #199 on: January 17, 2010, 05:25:57 PM »
very similar thing happened to me against the same guy. He had the advantage in his Brewster, but wouldn't fight 1v1 and only engaged once he had friendly backup. After getting killed by his buddy in my Hurri MkIIc I extended a cordial invitation to the DA, which he graciously accepted, providing I stick with the Hurri, and he with the Brewster.

This is basically all lies aswell. :) IIRC I shot Deltadog down twice (I probably have the film) and then Deltadog casually pm'ed me if I wanted to test these planes out in the DA. And of course I said yes as it was a good opportunity to fly nice turning fights against Brewster's historical foe! Well as we picked the fields I didn't realize there were 6000ft highlands under me. No problem Deltadog won those fight, it's just that in that sort of setup Brewster is in quite a disadvantage. The true colours of Deltadog were revealed as after couple of fights I said lets change planes around. The moment I said it he said "look, I gotta go!". :) there were no fights with any other planes...the guy is simply lying. :)
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #200 on: January 17, 2010, 05:26:07 PM »
A couple of more comments. I flew with the AK's for years and they are a fine bunch. I regularly run into other squads with good sticks who fly as a unit and often are considered a "horde". I've never complained and in fact have worked with a number of them on various elements of the game. I also have no issue with anyone who plays the game for score or those who fly to "get their name in lights". From my perspective my comment on 200 was a relatively simple and straight forward lament about an opportunity for a "quality fight" that didn't happen. Since I don't fly for score or generally RTB unless I'm bingo or out of adversaries my thought process is pretty singular...i look for a red bar and fly toward it.

Ripley is the 1st I saw here to bring up score...thought never crossed my mind. Wmaker brought up relative performance...has minimal impact on the outcome IMO. From the various comments from wmaker and a few PM's it seems more then a few folks have commented on 200 or by other means regarding the "change" in how he plays the game. The flip side is we all reserve the right to have fun as we see it. A few weeks ago someone was filming and commenting on 200 that I was vulching...well yes indeedie I was and having fun doing it. RT had called a squad weekend (rare for us) and the boys were out playing digital dirt warrior and I gladly did my part suppressing enemy tactical elements upon deployment (since we don't vulch).

I gleefully told the poor sod as I pummeled him for the 3rd or 4th time that since i let his wheels get to 300 rpm it wasn't really a vulch but that if he wanted to roll from the next field over i'd head his way since the pickins were getting thin anyway.

So in the end the reality is pretty simple, wmaker took issue with my comments because they (and others before) obviously annoyed him. I have no ax to grind here with either him or his squad. My only comment then and now is it would have been a fun fight.

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #201 on: January 17, 2010, 05:28:43 PM »
Everyone knows the Brewster turns much tighter than a Hurri at any altitude, you can even see that in the film, I only overcame your advantage using my uber skilz  :rock

Ok, I'm sure you then don't have any problems repeating the experiment flying the Brewster with 6000ft hard deck against me in a Hurricane IIc? :)

BTW, are you posting the films you have from those "other fights" you said you have them. :)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 05:32:11 PM by Wmaker »
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #202 on: January 17, 2010, 05:28:55 PM »
hurricanr vs 239 the 239 is by far the better dog fighter. Not even close, if FQ shots are excluded the hurricane should have a minimal chance at best given equal pilots.

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #203 on: January 17, 2010, 05:32:59 PM »
hurricanr vs 239 the 239 is by far the better dog fighter. Not even close, if FQ shots are excluded the hurricane should have a minimal chance at best given equal pilots.

On the 0ft deck this is very much true however as the altitude increases the better it is for the Hurricane.
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Offline Gunzo

• Copper Member
« Reply #204 on: January 17, 2010, 05:36:04 PM »
This is basically all lies aswell. :)

Nope, all true and the films prove the point :P

Well as we picked the fields I didn't realize there were 6000ft highlands under me.

Nope, YOU picked the fields, now please just stop crying, I feed on your tears  :rofl :rofl

Gunzo
Quote from: Changeup
1. Gunzo was world-class
Quote from: PJ_Godzilla
2. What name was Gunzo flying under when he last rolled you over and made you his beeotch?
Quote from: Midway
3. I can not be more certain about the fact that Badboy is not Gunzo

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #205 on: January 17, 2010, 05:44:56 PM »
You need to realize I'm a nut flying around in an SBD looking for anything red. To me (within reason) the more altitude the better. I'd be just as happy in a 239 at 15k as 500 ft vs a hurricane. Recognizing the tremendous advantage the hurricane has with regard to FQ shots you always run the risk of successive face shots. The flip side is that the hurricane is seriously deficient in any 3 dimensional angles encounter and has to be flown as an E fighter. So in the end this is a pilot match up most of the time. As long as I have enough air under my wings to be able to exploit the verticals in a -E condition I could care less what the other guy is flying. I'll manufacture my own relative performance as required given the altitude to work with. Its gunnery that gets me most of the time...

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #206 on: January 17, 2010, 05:46:26 PM »
Nope, all true and the films prove the point :P

Nope, YOU picked the fields, now please just stop crying, I feed on your tears  :rofl :rofl

No crying here. :)

Yes it could have well been me who picked the fields, I just didn't take into account that the deck was going to be so high.

You say that the Brewster turns better at any altitude. Then, you shouldn't have any problem flying against me with a 6k hard deck with you in the Brewster and me in the Hurricane. If you kill¨me in the same fashion as you killed me in the Hurricane, I'll happily admit that you are way better than me, no problem. :)

I'll ask once again, where are those films from our fights with "other planes". You said you have them if they are needed. Well they are needed now. Please post them.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 06:55:47 PM by Wmaker »
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #207 on: January 17, 2010, 05:50:57 PM »
You need to realize I'm a nut flying around in an SBD looking for anything red. To me (within reason) the more altitude the better. I'd be just as happy in a 239 at 15k as 500 ft vs a hurricane. Recognizing the tremendous advantage the hurricane has with regard to FQ shots you always run the risk of successive face shots. The flip side is that the hurricane is seriously deficient in any 3 dimensional angles encounter and has to be flown as an E fighter. So in the end this is a pilot match up most of the time. As long as I have enough air under my wings to be able to exploit the verticals in a -E condition I could care less what the other guy is flying. I'll manufacture my own relative performance as required given the altitude to work with. Its gunnery that gets me most of the time...

And you need to realize that the situation with a high hard deck is totally different compared to MA. On the deck La-7 is all over a Ta-152. But imagine if we were to put them to 32000ft with a hard deck of 30000ft that you can't pass through. The situation would be drastically different.
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #208 on: January 17, 2010, 06:00:16 PM »
I don't ever fly that high so I wouldn't know. But as a general rule at any normal engagement altitude I could care less what the other guy is flying. If i'm at 8k with a sea level hard deck I'm just as happy in a 152 as the la-7. Far as i'm concerned I can beat one with the other with minimal problem or lose to either depending on who's driving the bus. The less alt I have under me the more defensive I am if I happen to have the inferior performance band. Given reasonable alt to work with it becomes a matter of ACM. In the end you can't get close enough to kill me without giving me a chance to kill you as long as I can maneuver unimpeded in 3 dimensions for a reasonable period of time.

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #209 on: January 17, 2010, 06:05:41 PM »
It's too bad the fights in-game don't last as long as the arguements about them :rolleyes: