Author Topic: Stats! Stats! Stats! 2009 in numbers (and fancy charts)  (Read 8344 times)

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
Re: Stats! Stats! Stats! 2009 in numbers (and fancy charts)
« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2010, 10:11:33 PM »
What exactly happened to the La-7?  When I was playing it basically ruled the roost, although people didn't "discover" it for a while.  It truly was the one plane to rule them all - it could out turn pretty much everything it could out run, and out run the spits that could out turn it.

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
      • 39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"
« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2010, 10:29:54 PM »
What exactly happened to the La-7?  When I was playing it basically ruled the roost, although people didn't "discover" it for a while.  It truly was the one plane to rule them all - it could out turn pretty much everything it could out run, and out run the spits that could out turn it.

heard you left your smelly old socks in one
TBs Sounds 
39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"NOSEART

Offline froger

• Silver Member
« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2010, 12:22:44 AM »
Nice work Lushe.....

note -------> wirb still suckage

me likes da osti.....1 hit and da plane is by bys...
frogs are people too

Offline Enker

• Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: January 24, 2010, 12:40:47 AM »
I am proud to say that with the Wirblewinds and Ostwinds at realistic settings, I will be one of many who will bring the M-16 back into popularity with its easy-to-aim .50 cals and high-speed turret!
InGame ID: Cairn
Quote from: BillyD topic=283300.msg3581799#msg3581799
... FOR TEH MUPPET$ TO PAD OUR SCO?E N to WIN TEH EPIC WAR OF TEH UNIVERSE We MUST VULTCHE DA RUNWAYZ N DROP UR GUYZ FIGHTERZ Bunkarz Then OUR SKWAD will Finarry Get TACTICAL NOOK for 25 KILL SCORE  STREAK>X

Offline bravoa8

• Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: January 24, 2010, 01:34:05 AM »
Nice work there Snail thx for doing this! :aok

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: January 24, 2010, 02:13:44 AM »
What exactly happened to the La-7?  When I was playing it basically ruled the roost, although people didn't "discover" it for a while.  It truly was the one plane to rule them all - it could out turn pretty much everything it could out run, and out run the spits that could out turn it.

Someone posted something on the BBS about how much it sucked since the remodel...later someone in the room coughed and everyone suddenly had an itchy throat...

Hell, it can still more or less turn with a Spixteen in front of it Urchin, although it can't "twitch and flop" with one.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 02:15:38 AM by BnZs »
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #51 on: January 24, 2010, 03:16:28 AM »
Lusche,

Nicely done! Thanks for taking time out to put all that information together for the community.   :salute

All those stats reminded me to check out the Yak 9T stats in more detail over the year, and it seems exactly 10% of all kills belong to me.  :D

<S>...-Gixer

Offline Knite

• Silver Member
« Reply #52 on: January 24, 2010, 08:19:57 AM »
Excellent stats Lusche! Interesting numbers to look at, especially busting some of those myths (i.e. WW weaker, Planes being biggest GV killer).  :aok

Curious if the XIV's K:D is a reflection upon the way it's used compared to the XVI, and the fact that less people are familiar with its abilities due to less seat time in it due to the perceived performance differences between it and it's "sister" models isn't quite as large of a jump between other perkies and their closest models (i.e. Tempest vs. Typhoon), causing people perhaps to not chose it? (I.E. Less seat time due to "is it worth it when I can just fly a XVI)?
Knite

39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"

I'm basically here to lower the 39th's score :P

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #53 on: January 24, 2010, 08:46:01 AM »
Awesome work Lushe, very much appreciated!

<S>

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: January 24, 2010, 08:59:16 AM »
per request:

9. Production numbers

How many planes & tanks do our imaginary AH cartoon factories have to build during one year to keep up with the losses in the LW arenas?

Here are the top 10:

(Image removed from quote.)

Truly an amazing economical feat considering we only have to pay ~180$ per year.  ;)

All those Spit XVI deaths should be down by about 1/2 next year if I don't get back to my old amount of playtime.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline RufusLeaking

• Silver Member
« Reply #55 on: January 24, 2010, 02:10:58 PM »
Most excellent.  Keep them coming.  Any info available by county?
GameID: RufLeak
Claim Jumpers

Offline mensa180

• Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: January 24, 2010, 03:46:24 PM »
I would like for the good sticks in the game to fly only the P-40 for a year so as to majorly skew Lusche's statistics :).
inactive
80th FS "Headhunters"
Public Relations Officer

Offline Waldo

• Copper Member
« Reply #57 on: January 24, 2010, 04:10:41 PM »
 Thanks Snailman for the effort involved, and the info.

Total number of downed a/c   :O
I read it on the internet, so it must be true !

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 24, 2010, 04:44:27 PM »
Most excellent.  Keep them coming.  Any info available by county?

Skuzzy has taken country stats away from us

---------------------------------

urious if the XIV's K:D is a reflection upon the way it's used compared to the XVI, and the fact that less people are familiar with its abilities due to less seat time in it due to the perceived performance differences between it and it's "sister" models isn't quite as large of a jump between other perkies and their closest models (i.e. Tempest vs. Typhoon), causing people perhaps to not chose it? (I.E. Less seat time due to "is it worth it when I can just fly a XVI)?

There are a few threads out there in which people are disagreeing on that matter.

An exaggerating answer by me would be "Because it sucks" ;)
Of course the plane doesn't really suck, but after all players don't find the performance worth the investment in perks. And indeed: At usual MA altitudes it has no clear advantage over it's older brothers, which are more agile and are not lackjng in climbrate or acceleration at all. And the Spit 14 may be considerably faster, but still (at low alts) not a real speed demon compared to La-7, 190D and of course the perked competitor, the Tempest. And at high altitudes it has competitors that can simply nose down and dive away from a fast Spit that actually hats high speed. On top of that, it is a very unstable weapons platform and fragile like any other Spit. In short: It needs a very disciplined and experienced hand.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would like for the good sticks in the game to fly only the P-40 for a year so as to majorly skew Lusche's statistics :).

These are not mine statistics. And the more you skew the arena numbers in any way, the more interesting next year's analysis will be  :aok

(If you wanna skew my stats, shoot me down :D )
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 06:46:25 PM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #59 on: January 24, 2010, 05:24:28 PM »
That Wirb is really something...apparently Waystin was online a lot for Tours 114, 115, 116 and took 117 off!!   :x

V/r

Changeup
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba