Poll

What do you think a wabbit should have to do to get invited to TOC?

Make it so you have to be a wabbit once to earn an invitation, no change.
24 (38.7%)
Make it so you have to be a wabbit twice to earn an invitation.
17 (27.4%)
Make it so you have to be a wabbit three times to earn an invitation.
21 (33.9%)

Total Members Voted: 62

Author Topic: POLL: TOC invitations for wabbits  (Read 8116 times)

Offline RumbleB

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: POLL: TOC invitations for wabbits
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2010, 01:27:03 PM »
If a KOTH winner didn't show up for the TOC, it was because they had something going on in RL, plain and simple.  Just a down year attendance wise.  One down year has no relevance or bearing on the topic at hand imo.

I didn't show because I quit the game!.. but I linger because I have a sneaking feeling that I may return one day. It depends how RL goes! AH has always been escapism for me.

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2010, 04:43:54 PM »
Or people who forget the dates... Bosco. :rofl
That's not funny! :P

<S>
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2010, 03:02:45 AM »
How many pilots did we have actually show up and fly the last TOC?
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2010, 12:01:21 PM »
How many pilots did we have actually show up and fly the last TOC?

Thirteen give or take 1, low from what I remember from earlier ones. When I think about how many will attend before hand I guesstimate it to be around 50% of the invitees. We had 26 invitees so it looks as though 50% was spot on.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2010, 12:03:24 AM »
Thirteen give or take 1, low from what I remember from earlier ones. When I think about how many will attend before hand I guesstimate it to be around 50% of the invitees. We had 26 invitees so it looks as though 50% was spot on.

So my question would be why are we wanting to limit it and have fewer player in TOC?
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2010, 12:23:45 AM »
The idea was not to limit the number of people in the TOC. There was basically no difference between being a wabbit and winning a KOTH except you got your name in lights for the victory. The idea was to make a slightly larger difference between winner and wabbit status.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2010, 12:14:31 PM »
If it were to change its not like the top sticks wont be able to get an invite anyway  :aok :bolt:
=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2010, 12:48:15 PM »
If it were to change its not like the top sticks wont be able to get an invite anyway  :aok :bolt:

My "concern" is for that one player who managed to become a wabbit, which is no small feat, might get shut out of the TOC if the rules are changed.

I do see your point fuzeman, and making it so you have to have been a wabbit, say twice, makes sense on a few diff. levels.

It is an excellent question and one worth thinking through.

(I voted for "no change" btw)
— George Patton

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2010, 09:32:09 AM »
My "concern" is for that one player who managed to become a wabbit, which is no small feat, might get shut out of the TOC if the rules are changed.

I do see your point fuzeman, and making it so you have to have been a wabbit, say twice, makes sense on a few diff. levels.

It is an excellent question and one worth thinking through.

(I voted for "no change" btw)

I would think, since the poll was started after the fact that January KOTH events had already been played..that those in the (2) January Koth events who actually did qualify by way of being a wabbit....would be granted their TOC invite under a grand father clause....... same way other authoritys/groups/licensing agencys work when they grandfather in or make someone retroactively qualifyed....

that is if the poll ends before the next February Koth Events are played and the results are tallied up..... if that is how this plays out....... there is no certianty that this poll will change anything as it stands...... just as there is no certianty that things will remain as they always have been......

I guess one could assume that both the 2 wabbit votes & 3 wabbit votes would be totalled but to what extent is chosen would be left up to the KOTH CM's themselves?

there was never a mention of how long the poll would run, or what if any determination would come from it.......

if not 3 wabbits earned....I seriously think any future wabbits should at least require 2 wabbits earned status for the mere thought of making it different and more demanding if one is to only get in by earning a wabbit status' and not actually winning one of the 24 KOTH events.....

my thoughts in any case.....
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline AKDogg

• Gold Member
      • http://aksquad.net/
« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2010, 04:38:21 PM »
I feel 3 wabbit wins is a bit much and I also feel 1 wabbit win is to easy.  I am leaning towards the 2 time wabbit since alot have voted for both 1 wabbit and 3 wabbit wins.  Yes TC, those who have got there TOC invite by being a 1 time wabbit will be grandfathered in if we Fuzeman and I decide to do this.
AKDogg
Arabian knights
#Dogg in AW
http://aksquad.net/

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2010, 06:17:43 PM »
Two questions:
First, when is the poll going to end?
Second, how are you going to decide (might I ask), are you going to go with the votes or just what seems to be a good comprimise. For me, as long as KOTH continues to go on, then I don't care how it goes lol.

<S>
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2010, 11:21:14 PM »
Two questions:
First, when is the poll going to end?
Second, how are you going to decide (might I ask), are you going to go with the votes or just what seems to be a good comprimise. For me, as long as KOTH continues to go on, then I don't care how it goes lol.

<S>
:aok
=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.

Offline Agent360

• Nickel Member
      • http://troywardphotography.com
« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2010, 02:19:51 PM »
Source: http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,279433.0.html
2008 TOC winner: Bruv119
2009 Winners: AKDogg, BatfinkV, Bosco[2], DrBone, Grizz, Helbent, Kazaa[2], Krupnski, Lazer, RumbleB, SunsFan[2], Tonyjoey[7], WMLute
2009 Wabbits: 100Chewi[3], 18Whiskey, AKDogg[3], B4Buster, BatfinkV, Bosco[2], Darth2, Grizz[4], Irish, Ironman, Kazaa, Krupnski[3], oSCOTCHo, Phanta, slimmer, SunsFan[3], TC, TonyJoey[2], WMLute

Koth break down for last year

2009 winners of a Koth event = 13 ( some won koth more than once...One won 7 times!!!)

2009 wabbits = 19 (this includes koth winners who were wabbits as well)

2009 wabbits who did not win an event = 10

2009 wabbits who did not win an event but were wabbits 1 time = 9

2009 wabbits who did not win an event but were wabbits 2 or more times = 1

2009 total Koth events = 22

Taking 2009 Koth stats as an example and using 2 wabbits wins a requirement to get an invite to TOC

We would have a total of ONE PLAYER who would have received and invite to the TOC based on a 2 or more wabbit wins.

The TOC then would have been made up of 13 KOTH winners and ONE player who did not win a KOTH but did get 2 wabbits or more.

So a total of 14 players in the TOC.

TonyJoey won 7 times so this skewed the numbers a bit. If he only won 2 times then that would mean either some of the KOTH winners would have possibly won more than 1 time or some who won 2 may have won a third.

Statistically, if you win a Koth event you were very likely to be a wabbit 2 times or more.

So this means that if you make the rule of having 2 wabbits or more and Not winning an event a requirement to get an invitation to TOC you statistically only get 1 or 2 players who get the invite without winning an event.

If the rule was applied to last years events then there would have been only 1 player to get in invite who did not win a koth.

As you can see there were 10 players who were wabbits once. The 2 or wabbit rule would have eliminated them from the TOC.

Statistically this means limiting the TOC to Koth event winners only.

So I think the question is do we only allow winners of a Koth event to the TOC. Its either all winners or 1 wabbit wins plus winners. That is the question.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 02:23:01 PM by Agent360 »

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #43 on: February 06, 2010, 03:02:27 PM »
agent whilst you have some spare time I would be interested in seeing how many guys who won a KOTH event last year (or wabbit x2/3 status) didn't show up for the 2009 TOC.  

You limit the qualification your not guaranteed of seeing these 'winners' actually show up.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 03:05:29 PM by Bruv119 »
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2010, 05:02:42 PM »
So I think the question is do we only allow winners of a Koth event to the TOC. Its either all winners or 1 wabbit wins plus winners. That is the question.

This is just one year of statistics though.  

I wonder if winning just one round in an event should be worth anything long term?  It would be a headache to keep track of but you'd think a pilot that won 1 round 6 times in a Koth year might be deserving?  Food for thought.

Something like you have to earn xxx amount of points to be eligible for TOC.  

Example:
10 points required to earn TOC invite.
KOTH victory = 10 points
Wabbit = 4 points
Single Win = 2 points
« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 05:07:21 PM by grizz441 »