Author Topic: How Sad.....  (Read 8584 times)

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
Re: How Sad.....
« Reply #150 on: February 04, 2010, 05:09:20 AM »
Lol, this thread deteriorated in nothing flat. Now everyone is taking knocks at everyone else  :devil.

Thats funny, cause i thought the thread has actualy improved since the first post  :P
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #151 on: February 04, 2010, 07:42:55 AM »
So ack the above commit do you have players that claim such? lol I never refuses to give game id but since it brought out the best in you ack ack I believe I'll sit back and enjoy the post being anonymous. :neener:  I tell you what ack ack the next time I shoot you down say 2 in a row then I will reveal to you my in game Id by texting ...u sux :)- just saying ....
that's a promise ack ack.

dude........i think you need to go back to school now.  :aok
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #152 on: February 04, 2010, 08:34:56 AM »
But it can get depressing when players I have a lot of respect for start bashing each other over "opinions" of how this "game" should be played.

No no no.  You have it all wrong.  It's entertainment.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #153 on: February 04, 2010, 08:54:59 AM »
My posts may seem negative to you and many others because I point out the negative side of game play. My purpose is to maybe educate players as to some of the more "lame" things a lot of people do. If 1 in 10 adds a bit more honor to his flying/fighting game play then I'm happy. If more people took the time to learn how to really play the game instead of trying to defend poor game play like the OP and your self posted here, everyone would have more fun and less frustration. Your the one who is negative. You posted..."Great gentleman's rule but rarely upheld.". Your saying that you accept how things are. Your playing in a cess pool and your happy with it. Me, I'm looking for a change to the more positive side. I hope that there will be change and that for the better, not worst.

I would also like to extend this sentiment out to any of the guys in the Gentleman's Club.  Learn how to avoid a HO and use it against your opponent.  I'm baffled by the nose to nose hold fire ideology and clinging to this philosophy, while noble, is incredibly non practical other than in a dueling environment where rules are in place to promote the quality of fight.  If you find yourself with your pants down in a HO situation, either shoot or try to dodge, simple as that really.  Flying straight at them while praying they are a pilot who is also in the Gentleman's Club is going to leave you in tower >95% of the time.  Perhaps we should wishlist for additional Enemy Icon information that states whether or not the enemy is in the Gentleman's Club so we can adjust accordingly.  Until that happens, don't go nose to nose unless you are willing to subject your aircraft to some considerable risk.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #154 on: February 04, 2010, 09:00:58 AM »
It was Pappy, and he was just too drunk to turn.  I know the guy, he is one of my heros, but he was drunk alot of the time, or it was John Wayne and he did not have to worry about the bullets coming at him, he could catch them in his teeth.

lol I knew John Carrol well. We actually lived with them for a time. He was the cocky one in the movie. He also played Zorro in some of the older movies.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #155 on: February 04, 2010, 09:04:35 AM »
Learn how to avoid a HO and use it against your opponent. 

I agree with this approach much more than the approach of "preach and whine".  The best way to teach someone not to HO is to make them pay for it by using the poor position they put themselves in due to the HO against them.  If they are smart they will figure out that it's a bad move, if they are stupid, welp, easy kills all around.

The game needs a text filter that automatically changes "I got HO'd" to "I let myself get HO'd". 

AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #156 on: February 04, 2010, 09:25:12 AM »
I would also like to extend this sentiment out to any of the guys in the Gentleman's Club.  Learn how to avoid a HO and use it against your opponent.  I'm baffled by the nose to nose hold fire ideology and clinging to this philosophy, while noble, is incredibly non practical other than in a dueling environment where rules are in place to promote the quality of fight.  If you find yourself with your pants down in a HO situation, either shoot or try to dodge, simple as that really.  Flying straight at them while praying they are a pilot who is also in the Gentleman's Club is going to leave you in tower >95% of the time.  Perhaps we should wishlist for additional Enemy Icon information that states whether or not the enemy is in the Gentleman's Club so we can adjust accordingly.  Until that happens, don't go nose to nose unless you are willing to subject your aircraft to some considerable risk.

bolded line.....

wouldn't a doctors visit be more in order? :noid :noid :bolt: :rofl :banana: :neener:
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #157 on: February 04, 2010, 12:24:24 PM »
So ack the above commit do you have players that claim such? lol I never refuses to give game id but since it brought out the best in you ack ack I believe I'll sit back and enjoy the post being anonymous. :neener:  I tell you what ack ack the next time I shoot you down say 2 in a row then I will reveal to you my in game Id by texting ...u sux :)- just saying ....
that's a promise ack ack.

I guess we're going to have to wait a very long time for your scenario to happen.  Again, the reason why you're so reluctant to reveal your CPID is for the reasons I stated previously and nothing else.

Instead of waiting until for some chance encounter in the MA for you to show me your 'experten' skills, why don't you just show me in the DA?  Oh, wait...that would entail you having to reveal your CPID and face the prospect of getting your arse handed to you.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline *PAPA*

• Zinc Member
« Reply #158 on: February 04, 2010, 01:45:48 PM »
Uhmm...title should be "Wow, I made an entire 2 sectors"

Yesterday, i was flying in my P-47M, and after some fighters, and a P-47N making a pass at some tanks made some passes at the base, loosing my left gear, oil, and my aux fuel tank. After 1 min or so of flying, I realize there is a spit 16, and a Ki84 chasing me. They dogged me for two sectors till my engine finaly died, and the spit 16 got the kill after HO'ing me. How desperate for a kill do you have to be to follow someone for two whole sectors, for the CHANCE at getting a kill? It wasn't even a guarenteed kill for either of them, since there were 2.
All Your Base Belong to us.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #159 on: February 04, 2010, 01:57:50 PM »
I guess we're going to have to wait a very long time for your scenario to happen.  Again, the reason why you're so reluctant to reveal your CPID is for the reasons I stated previously and nothing else.

Instead of waiting until for some chance encounter in the MA for you to show me your 'experten' skills, why don't you just show me in the DA?  Oh, wait...that would entail you having to reveal your CPID and face the prospect of getting your arse handed to you.

ack-ack

Last tour you have only 1 instance of two deaths in a 38 by the same guy in the MW and only 3 guys in the MA :D
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Tarstar

• Nickel Member
« Reply #160 on: February 04, 2010, 04:21:08 PM »

The game needs a text filter that automatically changes "I got HO'd" to "I let myself get HO'd".

+1  :aok

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #161 on: February 04, 2010, 06:36:54 PM »
Uhmm...title should be "Wow, I made an entire 2 sectors"

Not really all that hard to do in a 47M. Has a superior top speed than both of them.

I'll tell you what: Play 4 hrs in titanic tuesday trying, un succesfully I might add, to keep TT, and then defend and attacking other bases, and then add a snapshot on top of that, and tell me if you feel like spending the mental effort to fight two opponents in a shot up plane.

If you do, you'll win a trophy.
All man needs to be happy is a home, his wife, and a place in the world

Col. 49Nem, Armor commander of the 49th

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #162 on: February 04, 2010, 06:45:23 PM »
honestly Nem, alot of us would happily take that fight on. It's why we play the game.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #163 on: February 04, 2010, 06:46:35 PM »
If you do, you'll win a trophy.
If I didn't want to play, I'd have just logged off *old rolleyes*

I find myself doing that a lot lately...

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #164 on: February 04, 2010, 07:03:02 PM »
I'm not playing a whole lot either. Especially since we've been running the same 2-3 arenas over and over. Not a whole lot of good fights either.

Oh, and motherland, would you be willing to teach me to fly the P-51? I've been pretty poor in it lately.
All man needs to be happy is a home, his wife, and a place in the world

Col. 49Nem, Armor commander of the 49th