Author Topic: A-26 Invader  (Read 2235 times)

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
Re: A-26 Invader
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2010, 04:52:27 PM »
and all three have filled in holes for the events Saxman listed.

Great!!

NOW can we stop filling "gaps" for a minute??
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2010, 05:00:22 PM »
Possibly, I really do not know.  I just get a little irked at all the "we need insert plane or vehicle name here before the plane/vehicle that the thread is requesting" responses.  If you want a plane or vehicle added, then request it. There, all better now....rant over. :D
If all responses were positive, then HTC would have to implement all requests. :D
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 05:04:10 PM by Denholm »
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2010, 05:03:05 PM »
Great!!

NOW can we stop filling "gaps" for a minute??
Ask for some non-American uber planes and you'd get more support.  The planeset is WAY to imbalaced right now.

Ask for the Tu-2 instead of the A-26, for example.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2010, 05:04:57 PM »
and all three have filled in holes for the events Saxman listed.

We have no Japanese medium bomber for the early or midwar period. We have the 1944/45 Ki-67 substituting for the Betty in 1942/43 scenarios.

We have no early-war IJAAF fighter--not to mention the MOST-produced Japanese fighter of the war.

The main front-line German level bomber of the early war period is missing.

So tell me, how is the A-26 justified when we're missing some VERY important workhorses in the plane set?
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2010, 05:39:25 PM »
We have no Japanese medium bomber for the early or midwar period. We have the 1944/45 Ki-67 substituting for the Betty in 1942/43 scenarios.

We have no early-war IJAAF fighter--not to mention the MOST-produced Japanese fighter of the war.

The main front-line German level bomber of the early war period is missing.

So tell me, how is the A-26 justified when we're missing some VERY important workhorses in the plane set?

think you quoted the wrong name there, I'm all for adding that entire Japanese list posted a couple days ago before any other country gets a plane.

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2010, 05:42:47 PM »
Whoops, sorry. Yeah, I meant to quote 1Boner.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2010, 07:02:22 PM »

add the a26 and it will be flown more than any of the japanese planes combined.  we dont want planes sitting in the hangar looking pretty (look at the last 3, I hardly see them in the ma).  lets add planes that we actually use  :banana:.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2010, 07:24:09 PM »
add the a26 and it will be flown more than any of the japanese planes combined.  we dont want planes sitting in the hangar looking pretty (look at the last 3, I hardly see them in the ma).  lets add planes that we actually use  :banana:.

semp

Utility in the Mains is only a fraction of an aircraft's value. FSO and Scenarios are missing MAJOR contributors that pretty much makes any scenario except 1944-45 on the Western European front a nightmare to set up. Add the G4M and Ki-43 and I can guarantee you they'll see FAR heavier use in FSO, scenarios and AvA than the A-26 would.

Actually, I would even venture to say that if the perk on the A-26 was high enough, you'd see more use of the G4M and Ki-43 in Scenarios/etc. than the A-26 would in the MAINS.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 07:34:02 PM by Saxman »

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2010, 10:04:17 PM »
add the a26 and it will be flown more than any of the japanese planes combined.  we dont want planes sitting in the hangar looking pretty (look at the last 3, I hardly see them in the ma).  lets add planes that we actually use  :banana:.

semp
You think the perked A-26 (source: Pyro) would get used more than the N1K2-J?  N1K2-J and Ki-84 and A6M5b?

I doubt it.
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2010, 10:10:27 PM »
Utility in the Mains is only a fraction of an aircraft's value. FSO and Scenarios are missing MAJOR contributors that pretty much makes any scenario except 1944-45 on the Western European front a nightmare to set up. Add the G4M and Ki-43 and I can guarantee you they'll see FAR heavier use in FSO, scenarios and AvA than the A-26 would.

Actually, I would even venture to say that if the perk on the A-26 was high enough, you'd see more use of the G4M and Ki-43 in Scenarios/etc. than the A-26 would in the MAINS.

Again with the gaps.

I think we get it--its all about the Fso and Scenarios.

Alot of other people think differently.

While I would love to see you get the planes you want, I think that after the last 3 or 4 planes you guys would stop it with the "gaps" already.

Apparently I'm wrong.

Again.
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2010, 10:32:48 PM »
Again with the gaps.

I think we get it--its all about the Fso and Scenarios.

Alot of other people think differently.

While I would love to see you get the planes you want, I think that after the last 3 or 4 planes you guys would stop it with the "gaps" already.

Apparently I'm wrong.

Again.

Yeah, you are.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2010, 11:28:22 PM »
You think the perked A-26 (source: Pyro) would get used more than the N1K2-J?  N1K2-J and Ki-84 and A6M5b?

I doubt it.

wanna bet.  hi tech please add the a26 so I can prove to the unbelievers that it will be the most widely used buff/fiter in the ma's  :D.

semp

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2010, 12:16:31 AM »
wanna bet.  hi tech please add the a26 so I can prove to the unbelievers that it will be the most widely used buff/fiter in the ma's  :D.

semp
Did you miss the fact that it would be a perk plane?
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2010, 01:00:32 AM »
Did you miss the fact that it would be a perk plane?

buff perk points everybody has them but nothing to spend them on.

semp

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2010, 01:56:35 AM »
buff perk points everybody has them but nothing to spend them on.

semp
You might be surprised how many people don't have a lot because they either are new or because they cancel for periods.  Even those who have some, would pretty quickly run out and not that many people have the tens of thousands that get posted about on the forums.

If you think any perk plane would overtake the N1K2-J's 4% share of the kills, I don't know what to tell you.
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-