Author Topic: A-26 Invader  (Read 2259 times)

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
Re: A-26 Invader
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2010, 02:25:04 AM »

While I would love to see you get the planes you want, I think that after the last 3 or 4 planes you guys would stop it with the "gaps" already.

Oh no not three or four planes. I for one have been waiting the better part of decade for the He-111.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline AApache

• Nickel Member
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2010, 06:46:00 AM »
+1 on the Heinkel-111
"WE WEREN'T ASSIGNED WE WERE REQUESTED"....Lt.Col.Benjamin O. Davis of the Tuskegee Airmen 

https://youtu.be/B2sDNT91Rzw

https://youtu.be/KaufhZv84Gk

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2010, 07:20:07 AM »
Yeah, you are.

Of course I am.

And of course, you're right. :cheers:

Anytime someone suggests a plane on these forums the "gap" police are ALWAYS there to tell them why their wish is not as nessesary as theirs.

And they (gap police) aren't going to take no for an answer, simply because your wish isn't nearly as important (in their estimation) as theirs is.

And of course they're right! :rock
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 08:24:29 AM by 1Boner »
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2010, 10:01:16 PM »
You might be surprised how many people don't have a lot because they either are new or because they cancel for periods.  Even those who have some, would pretty quickly run out and not that many people have the tens of thousands that get posted about on the forums.

If you think any perk plane would overtake the N1K2-J's 4% share of the kills, I don't know what to tell you.

I want you to tell me that the a26 would be a great idea.  any more requests  :devil.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Stoney

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2010, 10:56:27 PM »
Do we really have to have this thread once a quarter? 

"Can we be incorrect at times, absolutely, but I do believe 15 years of experience does deserve a little more credence and respect than you have given from your very first post."

HiTech

Offline Shamrock

• Zinc Member
« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2010, 01:17:37 AM »
I disagree for reasons stated in the past. We have plenty of American bombers and attack planes in the plane-set. It's time we looked at countries lacking (Russia, Italy, Japan, and Germany).
yes but this is a WW2 flight sim (in my opinion) but the keyword in there is WW2 and FLIGHT SIMULATOR....now this means that ww2 planes (any that sirved for over 5 mins) i conisider a WW2 plane....and why should we worry about why it should NOT be in the game...i mean...somewhere in the text i heard ***cannon loader**** comeon man!!! its a FREAKEN CANNON dude we havnt added any *needed* planes so why not add this to the list...ALL WORLD WAR II PLANES SHOULD FLY IN ACES HIGH!!!!!!!!! +1128354091283562876 FIND SOMEMORE THINGS W/ CANNONS MAN!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Yossarian

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2010, 02:50:30 AM »

Yes, we do  ;)

The value of an aircraft is NOT decided by its utility in the Mains.

FSO/AVA/Special Events has a FAR more pressing need for the:
[snip]
than we have for yet ANOTHER late-war monster plane. You're talking five of THE most important players in their respective theaters--the Ki-43, G4M and He-111 ESPECIALLY--that are missing from the game. So tell me, why should a plane that saw only limited action towards the very end of the war take precedence over aircraft that had a SIGNIFICANT impact?
Because we need another perked bomber.  Right now we have one perked bomber, and its usefulness is limited, to say the least.  The same would go for the Tu-2 - yes, it's a very good bomber, but it would largely be confined to level bombing.  I know it was used for ground attack, but it appears to be mainly a high-speed level bomber.  On the other hand, the A-26 could certainly be used as a dogfighter (look at what the A-20 or Boston III can do in the right hands), as well as dive bombing, ground attack and level bombing.

Overall, I see two main categories that need to be filled out.  One is the FSO/AVA/Special Events set, the other is the perked bomber set.  As it stands, I'd say the set of planes available for Special Events is at the very least useable, whereas the perked bomber set is not.
Afk for a year or so.  The name of a gun turret in game.  Falanx, huh? :banana:
Apparently I'm in the 20th FG 'Loco Busters', or so the legend goes.
O o
/¯________________________
| IMMA FIRIN' MAH 75MM!!!
\_¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2010, 08:01:35 AM »
Because we need another perked bomber. 

We do?  Saying you want a certain aircraft is one thing I can understand. However you're saying we need the A-26 when we have people in Lankstukas doing the job quite well right  now in the LWA.

The LWA is full of late war high speed uber monsters that can level a town. You really don't need another warp 12 perk bomber or an attack plane with a nose full of guns so you can HO your way to glory. Besides the buildings are not fighting back and the AR-234 and B-25H fill these rolls very well. For dogfighting there's plenty of late war cannon armed fighters than can kill with one small snapshot already. Adding another aircraft that has the ability to vaporize something with a half second burst isn't another area where the LWA is lacking. As far as FSO and special events the late war setups are covered quite nicely. It's the mid and early war setups where most of the problems are.

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2010, 08:18:39 AM »
As it stands, I'd say the set of planes available for Special Events is at the very least useable, whereas the perked bomber set is not.

Uhm, let's see...

We can't do an appropriate Flying Tigers setup because we don't have ANY early-war IJAAF fighters or bombers.

We have late-war Ki-67s substituting for early-war G4Ms during many setups.

EVERY early and mid-war PTO scenario outside the carrier battles are INCREDIBLY difficult to setup because, once again, we don't have some VERY important parts of the Japanese plane set of the early and mid-war period. So Dutch East Indies, Philippines, CBI, and Solomons are either VERY limited if not outright impossible until we get into the end of 1943 and into 1944. We had BF-110s substituting for Ki-45s during one recent Philippines setup in FSO.

Japanese are left with D3As and B5Ns as their primary naval attack craft in very late-war scenarios, without even the option of the more capable Jill and Judy.

We have a later Ju-88 variant substituting for He-111s in BoB setups. This also makes other early-war European scenarios such as the Battle of France difficult or outright impossible.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 08:20:34 AM by Saxman »
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline Big Rat

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: January 30, 2010, 09:49:35 AM »
Not disagreeing that we have gaping holes in the early plane set for scenarios and the like.  But the A26 would deffinitly get a lot of use in the late war arenas.  For those of us that tend to use the A20 quite a bit and love to fly it, I feel it's a bit too outclassed in late war.  Too many big power cannon birds that simply out power the a20 in any sort of fight in the verticle.  In midwar the A20 is great and can hold it's own quite well.  Go in bomb my target and fight my way out if needed.  Late war I feel it's underpowered for the threat environment.  This is why I think the A26 would be great in late war, it would basically fill the same roll and be as much of a factor as the A20 in midwar.

:salute
BigRat 
When you think the fight might be going bad, it already has.
Becoming one with the Hog, is to become one with Greatness, VF-17 XO & training officer BigRat

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: January 30, 2010, 02:53:35 PM »

why not, we have the b29 thread at least once a month  :D.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #41 on: January 30, 2010, 03:02:15 PM »
Not disagreeing that we have gaping holes in the early plane set for scenarios and the like.  But the A26 would deffinitly get a lot of use in the late war arenas.  For those of us that tend to use the A20 quite a bit and love to fly it, I feel it's a bit too outclassed in late war.  Too many big power cannon birds that simply out power the a20 in any sort of fight in the verticle.  In midwar the A20 is great and can hold it's own quite well.  Go in bomb my target and fight my way out if needed.  Late war I feel it's underpowered for the threat environment.  This is why I think the A26 would be great in late war, it would basically fill the same roll and be as much of a factor as the A20 in midwar.

BigRat 
Take a Mosquito instead.  It out performs the A-26 for air to air purposes anyways.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline JonDoe999

• Copper Member
      • YouTube - EpicAces's Channel
« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2010, 03:53:20 PM »
+1 :aok
I ate so much sugar Hallowen night, I gave myself diabetes and gave everyone related to me second- hand diabetes.

:-)

Offline Big Rat

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2010, 04:57:08 PM »
Take a Mosquito instead.  It out performs the A-26 for air to air purposes anyways.

If it had the bomb load of an a20/26, was as durable, and was as fast as it should be in this game (the mossie) I would use it more.  I do fly it in an attack role in late war on occasion.

BigRat

When you think the fight might be going bad, it already has.
Becoming one with the Hog, is to become one with Greatness, VF-17 XO & training officer BigRat

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #44 on: January 30, 2010, 05:32:18 PM »
If it had the bomb load of an a20/26, was as durable, and was as fast as it should be in this game (the mossie) I would use it more.  I do fly it in an attack role in late war on occasion.

BigRat

It is quite tough now, and while it may not be as fast as it should be, it is still faster than any A-26 with firepower to match or exceed the A-26's.

The fact is, people asking for the A-26 are asking for an American fighter-bomber to tool around in and use as a fighter.  We already have aircraft in that category that are all quite capable, Mosquito and Bf110G.  We don't need an American aircraft in every category before we fill vital gaps.  That is basically all that the request for the A-26 is, a request for yet more American iron because the asker doesn't want to fly British or German aircraft.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-