Author Topic: Video Converter  (Read 742 times)

Offline JonDoe999

• Copper Member
      • YouTube - EpicAces's Channel
Video Converter
« on: January 29, 2010, 04:26:30 PM »
I need a Video Converter that is small and that it works! Yes, I did see the bolded post at the top but, it nearly crashed my computer when it was at the part that said "External Files" or something like that. I need one quick! I want to put Aces High II videos on You Tube. It would be helpful if I got it this weekend but if not, that is okay. AND! I need one that converts the ".ahf" to the You Tube ones. If you want to watch the Aces High II Videos when I put them up, http://www.youtube.com/epicaces.YES! My username is Epic Aces. There aren't any videos up because I just made the account and I am trying to put the videos on. Yes, I am overloadingyou guys with a bit much but hey... I'm helpless when looking stuff up! :D
I ate so much sugar Hallowen night, I gave myself diabetes and gave everyone related to me second- hand diabetes.

:-)

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
Re: Video Converter
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2010, 10:40:56 AM »
Let me get this straight. You're making videos, but we're doing the work?

Perhaps you should read some more of the stickied posts, you might figure out how this "conversion" takes place.
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline JonDoe999

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2010, 10:45:31 AM »
I'll check them out.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 10:54:46 AM by JonDoe999 »
I ate so much sugar Hallowen night, I gave myself diabetes and gave everyone related to me second- hand diabetes.

Offline JonDoe999

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2010, 11:12:19 AM »
Um, I just found a video converter. So like, no one has to respond anymore. I guess I consider this forum to be locked with out being locked. :headscratch: How is that suppose to work? I lock it without being locked or them actually locking it?

Offline JonDoe999

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2010, 11:33:01 AM »
Actually, the video converter from th top of the page froze my computer. I just need one that can convert .ahf to .wav. Then i can take it from there.

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2010, 11:48:55 AM »
Firstly, there's no such thing as .wav video. Secondly, if you read some help files and threads on this forum you would have discovered the AH FV has a built-in video renderer which will export your video from .ahf format to .wmv (Windows Media Video) format. Most likely the converter listed in this forum froze because you were attempting to convert the .ahf file (which is not a video file).
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline JonDoe999

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2010, 11:52:34 AM »
I meant .wmv. Sorry. Also, I meant when I was downloading it, too.

Offline Fulmar

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Movie Database
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2010, 01:47:54 PM »
You cannot directly convert a .ahf to another video file unless you use the Aces High Film Viewer.  The .ahf file isn't a video file like .wmv or .avi or .mpeg.  The .ahf file basically tells the Aces High Film Viewer what happened in game and displays it.

Read the stickies on the top of this forum on how to make an Aces High Movie.  It's not something simple that takes 30 seconds.  Your Video converting program locked up because its doesn't know what to do with the .ahf file since its not a video file.
In game callsign: not currently flying
Flying off and on since Warbirds
Aces High Movies available at www.derstuhl.net/ahmd2 - no longer aceshighmovies.com - not updated either