Author Topic: Help with KI-61-l-Tei  (Read 1287 times)

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
Re: Help with KI-61-l-Tei
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2010, 08:38:24 PM »
Flew this in fso as well. Better plane than I thought it was originally.
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline maddafinga

• Silver Member
      • The Musketeers Squadron
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2010, 11:04:05 PM »
forget it.   Back to the OP which NO ONE in this thread has done.

S1n1ster, if you see me on, I'll give you some tips in this bird.   Some would rather offer "opinions in anal retentativeness", than offer help.   IIRC, you're a Swampdragon and Bish.    If you see me on (Karaya), pm me.   I'll either switch or do something.  

But remember this plane does NOT handle like a 109 at all.   

Man, I'm not a great stick, but I do fly it.  It's my second favorite plane in the game.  I tried to address his original post to the best of my ability and all..... 
madda
The Musketeers Squadron
http://www.musketeers.org/
When the Dude is recognized in the World, Undudeness is seen everywhere... Dude De Ching
http://dudeism.com/tao/

Offline HighGTrn

• Copper Member
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2010, 05:44:26 AM »
Thanks for all the tips. I flew in the FSO and found it to be very capable if handled correctly.

My totals for the FSO was 1 ship destroyed and 2 kills (Corsairs).

I dove on a cruiser from about 11k in almost a 80 degree dive, throttle to zero and kicking rudder all the way down to about 2k for the pull out.  Man can this thing dive!  As I pickled my bombs, I was just starting to compress.  I pulled out of it using all the trim I could get.

After sinking the ship, me and 5 squadies headed back and climbed to about 15K.  On the way back, we caught some F4s low and trying to make their way back to their non-existent CV group  :neener:

Well, there were about 8 of them so we thought we would give them a whirl.  Well, we were holding our own (that's when I shot down my two kills) when out of no where another whole squadron of Corsairs showed up.  Well, out of E and almost out of ammo, they made quick work of the 4 guys that were left.

All in all, I thought it was a capable plane as long as you flew it right.

Thanks all!

S1n1ster
in game call sign: S1n1ster

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2010, 06:44:19 AM »
forget it.     

I already did - since it was incorrect.
Otherwise, yes, thanks for the take on the OP. KI-61 sticks are hard to find. I too need practice in this bird.
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.