Author Topic: 1 second frame freezes or stutter  (Read 2542 times)

Offline Ghastly

• Silver Member
Re: 1 second frame freezes or stutter
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2010, 06:12:02 PM »
Determine what else is on the same IRQ as your video card.  If it's a USB connector, move any devices plugged into that connector to a connector on a different IRQ.

Other than that... I'm not coming up with many ideas.  Your hardware should run it beautifully based on what you've posted.  Unless your hard drive is failing, it shouldn't be a factor at all. 

<S>
"Curse your sudden (but inevitable!) betrayal!"
Grue

Offline denniswilha

• Zinc Member
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2010, 01:59:08 PM »
It does seem to happen while using vox or listening to someone speak.

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2010, 02:30:09 PM »
It does seem to happen while using vox or listening to someone speak.
Hardware acceleration on your sound card...lower it 1 or 2 notches.

Do you get the stutters in offline mode?
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline denniswilha

• Zinc Member
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2010, 04:09:40 PM »
sorry not real familiar with windows 7 yet, but I cannot find any hardware accelerator anywhere for video or sound.

I havn't tried playing it offline yet, guess I'll go fly around a bit and let ya know, I usually start getting them within 5 minutes. Also I have another video card in another machine here, the one i'm using is a Nvidea GTS250, the other is a GTX280, I know the 280 is bigger but was told I probably would not notice a difference. Can running the Matrox TripleHead2go with the 250 be the problem, I never had issues with the 280 running it, but it was also on a XP system. Sorry for all this crapp, any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks for your input and time guys.

Offline denniswilha

• Zinc Member
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2010, 10:53:45 PM »
I get a stutter every now and then while shooting planes and explosions during offline play, but have really narrowed it down to online play while using vox, or listening to chatter, happens badly when with several people at once.  How do I get to the hardware accelerator on my sound card. Its a sound blaster Xtreme gamer?  Thanks again guys. :aok

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2010, 06:03:22 AM »
There is no hardware acceleration for sound cards in Windows Vista or 7.  That had to do with DirectSound, which no longer exists in Windows 7 and Vista.  All sounds play through the normal Windows sound API.  It was the only way Microsoft could figure out how to force DRM into the sound system.

Try disabling "ReadyBoost", "Superfetch", and "Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service" services, in Windows 7, and see if that helps.

If you have an iPod, then kill the iPod software and see if it helps.  iPod software for Windows is petty nasty.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 06:05:28 AM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline denniswilha

• Zinc Member
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2010, 09:16:40 AM »
I have allready disabled superfetch.  Cannot find Ready Boost.  I disabled Windows media Player Services will play sometime throughout today and definately will know tonight during FSO. I also Have a squadie that has a new i7 machine with windows 7 and he's having the same issue with the studder {freezes}.  Is this just an issue with 7 or quad core machines?

I do not have itunes or any other software installed on this system it is a bare system just for gaming, I have installed Aces High and Call of Duty Modern Warfare2 on here and thats it, I make sure and turn off Steam before I play also.

Can someone post a list or is there a list of all the services that can be disabled or stopped on a machine? i currently have 63 running and the CPU is at 0 to 1%. I  can shut down my Virus software and a few little things and get it to 57, buit have not got a clue how or what I can stop to get it down to the lower 40's or even in the 30's. Thanks again for the help.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2010, 09:56:17 AM »
What anti-virus are you running?  Norton and McAfee cannot really be disabled as they replace system files which continue to do what they do no matter what.

Maybe Microsoft removed "ReadyBoost" from Windows 7.  That would be a good thing.

What type of sound chips/boards are you using?  I could easily see USB connected headsets being more problematic than a decen sound board.  Onboard sound ships are next in line as being higher in overhead than a good sound card.

Then again, this could simply be a resource issue.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline denniswilha

• Zinc Member
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2010, 11:50:33 AM »
Im running CA Internet Security Suite Plus 2010. I also have disabled the onboard sound card and have a Creative Sound Blaster X-fi Extreme Gamer.  
I went into Windows Task Manager and also set the Priority to High, and checked Affinity and all cores are being used. How many stream processes are used ona video card in aces high if textures are maxed running High res pack?  I did some checking and my GTS250 has 128 cores. But even when I lower the textures to 512 i still get the shutters. My squaddy also has these stutters, I'm in texas he's in Minnesota, I have an i5 and his is an i7. Could this be an i series processor issue?  Oh and my headset is not USB.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 11:54:02 AM by denniswilha »

Offline denniswilha

• Zinc Member
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2010, 01:14:58 AM »
I played tonight in FSO and got the shudders, I'm really thinking its the i series quad processors issue. Remember the update for the dual cores, might be time for a quad core update.

I might try dedicating two of the cores to running the game and see if it acts as if it's only a dual core.

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2010, 02:58:22 AM »
Gamebooster is very good freeware for shutting down software in the background.
I have problem at 9.15 everynight AH minimize's I have sat there with Task manager open looking for a process calling out but nothing lol, game does not close it just minimizes.
I use track IR and might get 1 stutter every now and then.
(Did not know about iPod software will disable mine)
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline RTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2010, 01:23:56 PM »
When you installed the sound card did you disable your onboard sound and remove the drivers?

Sounds like you have a conflict there.

cheers,

RTR
The Damned

Offline denniswilha

• Zinc Member
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2010, 05:26:10 PM »
No, I disabled the onboard sound before i installed the sound card. i was having the studder before i installed the card, i thought maybe the sound card would fix the problem if the onboard couldn't handle it. It's just a problem with Aces High. I play COD4 Modern Warfare 2 and don't have a problem at all. When I played with my dual core system I never had this problem, guess HiTech just needs to figure this out if its a i series processor issue. Beware!!!!! If your looking into an i5 or i7 unit do your homework and make sure this isn't happening to everyone with this type of system.

If it's just mine , I'd like to know anyone else thats using an i5 or an i7 system. Maybe if its just mine then I know it can be fixed , if its everyone then it's the game.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2010, 06:27:46 AM »
It is not the Intel quad core CPU's causing this.  The Wife's computer is an Intel i7 and it runs the game smooth as silk.  It is also running Windows XP.

I would lean more towards the anti-virus/security program being a potential issue.  However, simply disabling it may not cure the problem if it is that software causing/amplifying the issue.

The 'dual-core' fix we issed was specific to AMD multi-core issues.  Intel has never been an issue, except in a few laptop models where they deliberately disabled one of the hig resolution clocks to save power.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline 1701E

• Silver Member
      • VBF-18 Bearcats
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2010, 07:56:15 AM »
I don't know if you've tried shutting down your Anti-Virus (it's early and I haven't read every single post), but I would go with Skuzzy and say try turning it off.  I run PCTools security (all of it, AV/Threatfire/Spyware Doctor), but if I don't turn Spyware Doctor to "game mode" I will get 1 second screen freezes the whole time, it will happen with every game if I leave it on normal.  Just something to try if you haven't already. :)
The stutters happened in both XP and Windows 7 if I left it on, otherwise it was smooth as silk so it was definitely the Anti-Virus causing stutters.
ID: Xcelsior
R.I.P. Fallen Friends & Family

"The only ones who should kill are those prepared to be killed"