Author Topic: 1 second frame freezes or stutter  (Read 2545 times)

Offline denniswilha

• Zinc Member
Re: 1 second frame freezes or stutter
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2010, 01:47:42 PM »
Glad to hear that Skuzzy, this way I know mine can be fixed.  I have gone as far as disabling my virus protector in services, but I will fully uninstall it and check to see what happens, I bought this computer a week before Christmas and installed the virus software the day i got it so i have never played the game without it installed. I will post later what happens. I also will delete and do another full install of the game. Thanks again for all the help and suggestions.  <S>

Offline denniswilha

• Zinc Member
« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2010, 11:45:35 PM »
OK , I unistalled my antivirus software, and did a full reinstall of the game.  I had the glitches for about the first 15 minutes , about 4 or 5 i'd say, then they started going away, after about 30 minutes to an 1hour, didnt really keep track of time they stopped. I left the game on all durring the super bowl, then got back on and played and only had 2 studders in about 2 hours time.

I went into Nvidea setting and upped the pre-rendered frames from 3 to 6, i have been playing awhile now and havnt had one yet. If it was the software why is it still giving the studders, just not as frequent?

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2010, 08:27:05 AM »
What's Windows automatic updates set on Dennis? Win7 has a lot of background monitoring processes going on...it could be one of those or it could be a setting in AH.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline denniswilha

• Zinc Member
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2010, 09:24:50 AM »
I actually turn off windows updates, and have used this site for shutting down processes, I have gotten it down to 46.

http://www.blackviper.com/Windows_7/servicecfg.htm

I use the columns for tweaked and safe

I just don't understand how it plays COD4 modern warfare2 so well and has trouble with Aces High. It may just be a setting somewhere, just have not been able to track it down. I'm ruling out any hardware issues {hard-drive} mainly because it plays the other game so well. I have monitored my frame rates during the freezes and it doesn't effect the frame rate not a glimpse. My frame rate usually is around 175FPS and during a heavy fight with several around its about 115FPS which I know these are great which lead me to beleive again its not hardware or internet related, my ping in the game ranges around 45. Like Skuzzy had said about his other system with i7 processor runs the game fine but he has XP on it. This does seem to happen more during VOX use. but i have seen it on offline mode without vox.

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2010, 09:39:33 AM »
How are you guys getting such high frame rates with vsync on?  :huh  I'm stuck at 59-60 and I've got a Geforce 250GTS 512MB... :headscratch:
jarhed  

Offline denniswilha

• Zinc Member
« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2010, 09:57:24 AM »
Turn Vsync off for performance, when its on it locks the frame rendering to your monitors refresh rate which is probably 57. You won't loose and picture quality with that card.

And this isn't my problem I've tried it both ways, if someone wants to share their settings for a GTS250 1gig video card that migth help me out I'm all ears at this point.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2010, 10:20:30 AM »
You only turn off vsync for testing purposes.  DO NOT disable it just to play the game.  You can create all manner of problems when running with vsync off.

It has nothing to do with performance.  Running without vsync enabled simply means you are drawing the same frames over and over again, or worse, stomping on partially drawn frames.

Aces High already triple buffers the frame draw.  Having NVidia do it in the drivers just causes a situation where more wierdness can occur.  Rubber bullets, lost network packets are but two of the potential problems you can cause when running with vsync disabled and/or having a bunch of pre-rendered frames drawn.

Aces High is a very CPU demanding game.  High fidelity flight modeling is always more demanding than any first person shooter.  Anyone want to doubt that just needs to look at the supercomputers used to simulate realtime flight, versus just needing an Intel 386 to model a person running around in a game world.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 10:27:04 AM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2010, 11:34:05 AM »
Do u have a lot of films saved?

Semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2010, 11:38:53 AM »
How are you guys getting such high frame rates with vsync on?  :huh  I'm stuck at 59-60 and I've got a Geforce 250GTS 512MB... :headscratch:
frame rate can can also be determined by refresh rate of monitor you are using, My four year old Dell monitor has a refresh rate of 75 while my Samsung TV omitor is 60 frames.
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline denniswilha

• Zinc Member
« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2010, 11:40:30 AM »
Should I change the pre-rendering frames settings in NVidea, back to 3 or is a higher # better.  

Maybe this is the whole problem, it might just be settings in my Nvidea control panel.

No, Semp. I don't have any movies saved or pictures, I deleted them all when I re-installed the game.

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2010, 01:38:56 PM »
frame rate can can also be determined by refresh rate of monitor you are using, My four year old Dell monitor has a refresh rate of 75 while my Samsung TV omitor is 60 frames.
I know that silly.  :neener:  If I lower my monitor resolution to 1440x900 I can push the refresh rate to 72 safely...but at the higher resolutions running 512 textures looks pretty darn good...but the monitor doesn't support anything higher than 60Hz refresh at native resolution.
jarhed  

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2010, 03:31:00 PM »
Frame rate of 75 on my dell is good, but frame of 60 looks better on my samsung TV/Monitor because the colour and picture are superior.
I would rather have a stable 60 frame rate over a higher frame rate.

(and i am silly hurrah and tally ho! :banana: :old:)
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline denniswilha

• Zinc Member
« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2010, 03:37:47 PM »
I beleive anything over like 57FPS isn't noticable by the human eye.

I have uninstalled virus software and disabled Active X and all the Java and Adobe crudd. Game is playing great, I started game and for about the first few minutes it flutters , guess its loading things into game, then it plays smooth. Thanks so very much for all the help. Have decided the biggest thing here is windows 7, they have a few bugs to work out.  My old system with XP ran with the virus software fine but just isn't up to par with the windows 7 yet.
Thanks again to everyone that helped. Big SALUTE!!!!!!! :salute

Offline Ghastly

• Silver Member
« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2010, 03:42:51 PM »
I beleive anything over like 57FPS isn't noticable by the human eye.

I have uninstalled virus software and disabled Active X and all the Java and Adobe crudd. Game is playing great, I started game and for about the first few minutes it flutters , guess its loading things into game, then it plays smooth. Thanks so very much for all the help. Have decided the biggest thing here is windows 7, they have a few bugs to work out.  My old system with XP ran with the virus software fine but just isn't up to par with the windows 7 yet.
Thanks again to everyone that helped. Big SALUTE!!!!!!! :salute

I can only disagree, as Windows 7 runs AH great on my hardware, which is less powerful (processor any way) than that which you are using.  (And on many other's systems, too).  If I had to hazard a guess, it's that Windows 7 version of the CA AV was interfering, as that's the one thing that is likely to be a meaningful difference between your system and most others.

But I'm glad you got it working any way.

<S>

"Curse your sudden (but inevitable!) betrayal!"
Grue

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2010, 04:15:51 PM »
I have uninstalled virus software and disabled Active X and all the Java and Adobe crudd.
Oh yeah...just took it for granted that you disabled all the active background processes for Java and Adobe...I had to use msconfig to disable them on mine.
jarhed