Author Topic: old bail  (Read 951 times)

Offline cobia38

• Silver Member
old bail
« on: February 10, 2010, 06:20:13 AM »

At one time, you had to actually open your chute and land on the ground before returning to tower.
 now its just enter x 3 then hit end sortie.  :headscratch:
  This makes it about imposable to kill the score tard  that you just worked so hard to bring down,thus giving no incentive to chase down timid pilots.
   after all, the best reward is to pop their chute and listen to them cry  :aok

Harvesting taters,one  K4 at a time

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
Re: old bail
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2010, 06:50:59 AM »
Well, in theory, all cartoon pilots are non-posable, or imposable.  They aren't G.I.Joe figures........... FY to the freakin I guy!   :x

All kidding aside, you've been on the BBS since 2002, so you're not a kid anymore.......you honestly mean to tell me that somehow you get some thrill out of shooting chutes?  You sick man you!!!  :t

I don't know wtf this is suppose to mean.... Please explain.
thus giving no incentive to chase down timid pilots.

« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 07:59:26 AM by LLogann »
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2010, 08:48:19 AM »

I don't know wtf this is suppose to mean.... Please explain.

I am with LLogan on this one.  Please expound upon your request.  You get a kill if you shot their plane up, so am I missing something?
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Strip

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2010, 08:51:38 AM »
Bail equals 1/2 life, being killed equals 1 life....

(Might be off on the numbers but there is a difference in the k/d impact I believe.)

Strip

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2010, 09:17:29 AM »
Nope...... a ditch, bail, capture, crash, killed are ALL deaths for the K/D ratio.  You have to land.

Technically it's really kills vs land ratio.
See Rule #4

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2010, 09:18:32 AM »
That is the way I have always understood it LLogan.  Am I incorrect?
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2010, 10:10:13 AM »
Nope...... a ditch, bail, capture, crash, killed are ALL deaths for the K/D ratio.  You have to land.

Technically it's really kills vs land ratio.

Unless something changed along the way the scoring of the game weighed the results differently.  A "death" was 1 while, ditch, bail, capture were all different fractions of 1 death when factoring K/D.  I don't recall the values but a "ditch" hurt the ratio less than a "capture" and I think "bail" was in the middle somewhere.

That's how it used to be at least, it could have changed somewhere along the line and I missed it.

*edit*
I also kind of liked the old system, occasionally I'd find some poor guy who bailed out and hit the chute at 20k.  His/her only recourse was to either wait the hours it would take to get to the ground, beg for a mercy kill on channel 1 (it was available in MA's back then), or ALT+F4 and re-log.  My guess is that this is was the reason the change was made.   It was one of those one time mistakes that just about everyone made at some point. :)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 10:13:24 AM by Soulyss »
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline AKP

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2010, 10:27:51 AM »
From what I understand, for determining perks... bailing and ditching are better than being killed or captured.  For purpose of score, anything but landing successfully counts as a death.

***G3-MF***

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2010, 10:52:04 AM »
I'm not really sure if you're agreeing with me or not.....  :D

That is the way I have always understood it LLogan.  Am I incorrect?

For perk values, those .5 .4 .75 percentages do apply as AKP states.  But for the K/D ratio it is either land successfully or it's a death.  I only proved it to myself this tour actually.  Upped 24's and wasn't paying too much attention.  Didn't see the mountain coming, I swear..........  1st one "crashed" and I got to "ditch" the other 2......  Went to my score and had 3 deaths.
See Rule #4

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2010, 11:30:00 AM »
I wouldn't mind bringing back the old system, I miss the chute shooter whines.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2010, 11:51:59 AM »
Ok, to clear up some confusion:

Nope...... a ditch, bail, capture, crash, killed are ALL deaths for the K/D ratio.  You have to land.

Not entirely true. A "ditch" is not a death for K/D purposes. It has the same effect as a safe landing for all "/D" score categories.

Unless something changed along the way the scoring of the game weighed the results differently.  A "death" was 1 while, ditch, bail, capture were all different fractions of 1 death when factoring K/D.  I don't recall the values but a "ditch" hurt the ratio less than a "capture" and I think "bail" was in the middle somewhere.

That's how it used to be at least, it could have changed somewhere along the line and I missed it.

I'm not really sure if you're agreeing with me or not.....  :D

For perk values, those .5 .4 .75 percentages do apply as AKP states.  But for the K/D ratio it is either land successfully or it's a death.

They do apply for score too: It's the score points that are modified by them.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2010, 12:48:27 PM »
Snailman to the rescue once again, thanks. :)
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2010, 12:51:12 PM »
This makes it about imposable to kill the score tard  that you just worked so hard to bring down,thus giving no incentive to chase down timid pilots.

So, what I gather from this is:
YOU shoot down a guy.  YOU get credit for the kill when he bails.  YOUR K/D ratio gets better.
HE gets shot down. HE bails to avoid the full death.  HIS K/D ratio doesn't suffer as much as if he "died".

Why do YOU care so much about HIS score? It kind of sounds like you think you aren't getting full credit for a kill on YOUR score.

Who's the score tard?
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2010, 12:54:02 PM »
HE gets shot down. HE bails to avoid the full death.  HIS K/D ratio doesn't suffer as much as if he "died".

No. For K/D, it's a full death. If you bail, its the same as if you simply were shot down.

For all "/D" score categories:
Killed, crashed, bailed, captured are "deaths"
Landed & ditched are not.

The thing that doesn't "suffer" as much are the score points.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2010, 01:14:24 PM »
At one time, you had to actually open your chute and land on the ground before returning to tower.
 now its just enter x 3 then hit end sortie.  :headscratch:
   after all, the best reward is to pop their chute and listen to them cry  :aok

If my plane gets shot up to the point is useless/cant fly I'll bail end flight then come back looking for you.  not about the score, its more like there's a furball and I want to get back to it asap.  game is not about killing the pilot is about shooting down planes.  You get no extra points for killing chutes, so dont worry what happends after you get your kill, it dont matter.

semp

you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.