Author Topic: 8 Player  (Read 1835 times)

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
Re: 8 Player
« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2010, 06:32:25 AM »
Err..Ok. Now im confused, I literally hurt my brain reading that. I think I tore a tendon.

I think I lost a few IQ points.

Seriously, is spelling not taught in school anymore? Seems the new wave of squeakers dont care about it at all anymore
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline StabOps

• Copper Member
« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2010, 09:16:34 AM »

Raptor huh? Why didnt you walk all over him? He flies with a mouse for crying out loud. He is probably the worst pilot in our squad.

I call BS..

Stab

(my ONE claim to fame, and you just give it to Rap. This could cause mental anguish, and more augers. I see a duel down the road to settle this matter of honor.)
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #47 on: February 12, 2010, 09:43:33 AM »
I remember 8spade when he was in H2H I used to hate him for running down my dora in his la7 and I'd be typing abuse to him like a n00b!! I also used to give a guy called raptor an unjustified hard time for owning me in his 38! was such a n00b! unlimited ammo sprayyyyy  :lol good times

lol I got Raptor into 38s back in those days. He is a squaddie and flies as Juvat now.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: February 12, 2010, 11:02:39 AM »
HTC was pretty clear in why they shut it down - and it wasn't a move to generate cash flow, unless you want to define protecting your core product's reputation as "cashing in".

<S> 

It was a very generous thing to do allowing free 8 player, probably a decision made with the heart rather than the head from a business pov. I know from experience being to nice to your customers leads to a lot of people taking advantage of your good nature H2H was always doomed to be taken away given time and people.

lol I got Raptor into 38s back in those days. He is a squaddie and flies as Juvat now.

I'll have to look him up and offer up some kind of apology for my antics! I get on great with 8spade now always have some excellent fights when I run into him.

Sometimes I wish I could start over as a complete n00b to the game. Even though I sucked badly everything was new and some of the best laughs I had even though I got my prettythang$ handed to me. I had one move on the merge in my spitv a super tight immelman completely blacked out  :D I actually ended up ripping my saitek st200's handle straight out of its socket doing this one day  :D

Offline sunfan1121

• Gold Member
« Reply #49 on: February 12, 2010, 11:14:52 AM »
The best part of HTC was the race track maps. One map was a canyon just big enough to fit 2 planes side by side. It was even better when friendly collisions were on. You had to fly perfect or it was a huge ram fest. That's what got me hooked on AH. It's about time we get some form of H2H back.
A drunk driver will run a stop sign. A stoned driver will stop until it turns green.

Offline DdogfightD

• Zinc Member
« Reply #50 on: February 12, 2010, 11:49:42 AM »
Err..Ok. Now im confused, I literally hurt my brain reading that. I think I tore a tendon.
Yes my spelling is strait up crap... my grammer is usually good though. but me sister cange the key board layout to some new and inproved set up... I don't like i a got into the habbit of typing badly on it.. it's confusing..

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: February 12, 2010, 12:56:41 PM »
Yes my spelling is strait up crap... my grammer is usually good though. but me sister cange the key board layout to some new and inproved set up... I don't like i a got into the habbit of typing badly on it.. it's confusing..

What is wrong with your mouse that you can not click the Spell Check button before you post?
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline crazierthanu

• Nickel Member
« Reply #52 on: February 12, 2010, 01:08:30 PM »
H2H was what got me hooked on this game as well. I had some of the best times flying in it.
I remember one arena I constantly played on, I think it was doughnut or something? The island with the CV rotating on the outside?
80th FS "Headhunters"
EhFex in-game.
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: February 12, 2010, 02:00:01 PM »
Well also I thought that it was a great way to bring customers in a mean the free week trial? never worked for me i got a day next day it told me to subscribe... but still free or not i loved that game mode way to awsome!

You never subscribed, did you?

Why buy the cow if you can get the milk for free?

A great way to bring in customers.  Freeloading, hacking customers apparently.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay