Author Topic: CH Controls and Windows 7 - No more windows calibration  (Read 494 times)

Offline Woof

• Zinc Member
CH Controls and Windows 7 - No more windows calibration
« on: February 11, 2010, 05:29:31 PM »
Windows 7 no longer allows calibration of CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle/Pedals through the Control panel, only through the CH Manager.  When I set everything up in AH, it's fine for awhile and then calibration drifts and AH calibration does not fix. But when I calibrate in CH Manager, it erases all of the AH settings and says none of the buttons are assigned.

I'm getting tired of spending more time re-assigning buttons than flying.  Any help with how to get CH Manager to get the AH buttons to stick??? :old:

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Re: CH Controls and Windows 7 - No more windows calibration
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2010, 06:34:13 PM »
If you are losing your settings it is because the sticks are getting a new USB bus ID assigned to them.  Not sure why the CH Control Manager would do that.

Have you tried using the sticks without the Control Manager?
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline katanaso

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2010, 06:55:50 PM »
Make sure that you select 'Mapped Mode' in CH Manager after calibrating your devices.

That's my guess.

mir
mir
80th FS "Headhunters"

The most terrifying words in the English language are: "I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2010, 07:35:57 PM »
Windows 7 no longer allows calibration of CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle/Pedals through the Control panel, only through the CH Manager.  When I set everything up in AH, it's fine for awhile and then calibration drifts and AH calibration does not fix. But when I calibrate in CH Manager, it erases all of the AH settings and says none of the buttons are assigned.

I'm getting tired of spending more time re-assigning buttons than flying.  Any help with how to get CH Manager to get the AH buttons to stick??? :old:

It's not Windows 7 that no longer allows you to calibrate your controllers using the Window calibration applet, it's the CH Control Manager.  The latest version only allows you to calibrate through the Control Manager, find an older version of Control Manager and install it if you still want to use the Windows calibration.

When calibrating your controller through the Control Manager and you have put it in DX Mode and then calibrate it and after you've calibrated it, load your .map file. 

Also, it is highly recommended that you use a powered USB hub with your CH gear to ensure the devices receive the necessary voltage (5 watts) to power them, otherwise what you're experiencing can happen.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2010, 08:05:59 PM »
Not sure why the CH Control Manager would do that.

I highly doubt it, it sounds much more like a hardware/power issue. I agree with AKAK, I'll bet a powered USB hub with fix his problem.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!