Author Topic: ordinance (Rockets)  (Read 448 times)

Offline Seeker

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
ordinance (Rockets)
« on: July 11, 2001, 08:40:00 AM »
Can some one explain the difference between the differeing types of rockets, their purpose (AvA, AvG etc), their range and perhaps most importantly, their affect on A/C handling before and after use (I'm thinking which ones leave racks behind etc.)

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
ordinance (Rockets)
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2001, 11:37:00 AM »
I know the LW rockets leave the racks on, which affects the clib rate, turn rate, and top speed.  I usually do NOT take the LW rockets.  However, if you are in a 190- the 500kg bomb and the 2 rockets will take out a VH about 50% of the time.  Still havent figured out why it isnt 100% of the time, but that is another story.  I've heard that the p47-D25 also has tube launched rockets- and the tube would stay on the plane there as well.  The D30 has rockets that don't have a tube, so I assume there is no performance degradation after they are fired, I could be wrong though.

Offline Dmitry

• Copper Member
ordinance (Rockets)
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2001, 07:52:00 PM »
I asked Nate when he was online and he confirmed that used up rocket tubes affect aircraft handling... My quetion was refered to P-51B but i assume that stands for P47 D25 and maybe Typhoon as after rockets fired u still have rail system attached to your wings. And what Urchin said on LW planes AA rockets. Also I dont have clue as what power do Il-2 has under his wings, but regular US rocket counts as 100 lbs bomb. So to say 10 rockets + 2 x 1000 lbs bombs will kill a BH, FH and deffinetly VH.

I use 4 rockets fired at salvo on FlackPanzer's with 90% chances kill, 1 or 2 rockets when vulching a field on bombers as they spawn. That gives you an immidiate kill of any carbomber.. Hope that help you a little.

As of trajectories... I noticed that LW AA misseles tend to go on more flat trajectories. Possible range is 1,5 - 1,8 yards, so use it on planes at distances 1000 yards, but more depending on your planes speed and targets speed.
US rockets are best used at distances 800-1000 yards and at good angle of 45 + degrees as it will give you more accurate shot. IL-2 rockets have also nice flat trajectory and ranges of use are roughly similar to US rockets.

[ 07-11-2001: Message edited by: Dmitry ]

Offline Tuomio

• Nickel Member
ordinance (Rockets)
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2001, 03:48:00 AM »
I think theres not a single AH pilot, who has done somekind of damage to enemy fighter/buff with those nazi rockets.