Author Topic: Track IR 5  (Read 2115 times)

Offline Boxman

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
Re: Track IR 5
« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2010, 07:48:27 PM »
Cool, thanks.

Offline Boxman

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #46 on: March 12, 2010, 06:01:07 PM »
OK, I'm all set now.

Tip for all of you going through setup pains..........set "pause," and "recenter," on your joystick. Then you can work with it to get it where you need it.

You can "play through," the setup pains because yuou can always go back to hats midflight.

These are the two keys I needed yesterday.

And now that I've got it working (still need to tweak a bit, but not much) all I can say is WOW!

In multiplane engagements, it's a godsend. SA is so much improved it's not even funny.

I would definitely put trackir ahead of rudder pedals in things to get.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2010, 06:35:19 PM »
OK, I'm all set now.

Tip for all of you going through setup pains..........set "pause," and "recenter," on your joystick. Then you can work with it to get it where you need it.

You can "play through," the setup pains because yuou can always go back to hats midflight.

These are the two keys I needed yesterday.

And now that I've got it working (still need to tweak a bit, but not much) all I can say is WOW!

In multiplane engagements, it's a godsend. SA is so much improved it's not even funny.

I would definitely put trackir ahead of rudder pedals in things to get.

dont forget to look away from the screen often so you dont get dizzy.  you'll get used to it within a couple of weeks and its awesome  :banana: :banana:.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Boxman

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #48 on: March 12, 2010, 06:46:57 PM »
No way guy, I only ever got motion sickness three times in my life and never yaqcked. I was on a party boat one time where there were 10-15 foot swells and was fine.

I remember one guy sayin, "I never been this neasuous before"  :rolleyes:

I was peachy

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: March 12, 2010, 07:05:00 PM »
No way guy, I only ever got motion sickness three times in my life and never yaqcked. I was on a party boat one time where there were 10-15 foot swells and was fine.

I remember one guy sayin, "I never been this neasuous before"  :rolleyes:

I was peachy

lol I threw up twice the first day.  of course i also had a couple of beers.  but I dont think beer had anything to do with it.  I blame the endocet that I took.

semp

Offline Boxman

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #50 on: March 15, 2010, 08:28:13 AM »
Does everyone have all six axis' running? I do. Even though a couple of them may be making my view jump a bit. Never know when the head tilt may be needed lol.

I have speed at 1.9 smooth 28.

Is there any way to set a deadzone on all axis'? I can always pause the software, but that's not optimal. "Precision" helps a bit but the sight still starts to drift.

Deadzones are tricky it seems. The little "deadzone" profile in Trackir seems not to do much.

« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 08:29:46 AM by Boxman »

Offline Citizen Iosef

• Zinc Member
« Reply #51 on: March 15, 2010, 09:15:54 AM »
I've had TrackIR for a few days now, and WOW.  My WW1 gunnery stinks(more incentive to get close), but the payoff in immersion is well worth it.  In both WW1 and WW2, my SA has skyrocketed, and now I do not fear rolling scissors nearly as much.

I got the trackclip pro as well, and ended up offsetting my TIR to the left quite a bit.  Seemed to track better that way.

There's a few features I wish it had.  I wish pause were equal to freeze.  Either a toggle or momentary switch would be fine.  I also wish a key combo command were available to swap between two profiles.  In the case of AH, WW2 and WW1 profiles.

If you're thinking about getting it, get it.  If you're worried about cost, freetrack is a viable option, so I hear.  You're accuracy and SA will suffer for a bit - about two days for me.  Then it's like someone switches a light on and you'll never want to go back.

Offline Tigger29

• Gold Member
« Reply #52 on: March 15, 2010, 09:56:50 AM »
The only time TrackIR made me nauseous was while being hungover.

Drunk  no problem... Sober  no problem.. Hungover.. 15 seconds into it I was all but running for the commode.. I ended up keeping it down though... and switching to HAT views that day everything else was fine.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: March 15, 2010, 07:27:35 PM »
Does everyone have all six axis' running? I do. Even though a couple of them may be making my view jump a bit. Never know when the head tilt may be needed lol.

I have speed at 1.9 smooth 28.

Is there any way to set a deadzone on all axis'? I can always pause the software, but that's not optimal. "Precision" helps a bit but the sight still starts to drift.

Deadzones are tricky it seems. The little "deadzone" profile in Trackir seems not to do much.

boxman try speed at 1 and smooth at 40. and will try to post the profile i got that was posted here about 2 months ago.  the sight wont drift at all while aiming or looking around.  its awesome.

semp

here is the link i use humble's profile.  also take a look at mace's write up.

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,280060.0.html
« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 07:37:08 PM by guncrasher »