Author Topic: Perking Spit 16  (Read 11987 times)

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
Re: Perking Spit 16
« Reply #210 on: March 08, 2010, 12:38:31 AM »
all the yaks  will do is try high speed circles ( you know the c205 thingy ), when that doesn't work, they will dive and run like hell.  same for f4u's except f4u will hover above everybody and pick or try to rope then dive away and run.  there's a few people that will actually dogfite in fast planes f4u's, la7's p38's, ponies, etc. but most will run when encountering the spits.  somebody really wants to show some skill, get a spit, hurricane, zero or whichever plane you prefer get a couple of kills and survive without running.  now that's skill.  not just roping or picking a bunch of guys, that's just patience (boring, I call it).   but perk or no perk some people are glad when they see a spit around to save/help when needed  :aok.

semp
ok. two things, a good pilot will go in with a hurri or a spit or a zero AND leave to land with those kills not just "survive". and btw, the patience tactic aka what you say is picking can be achieved by ALL 3 of these aircraft listed... I usually fly to 20k in a zeke then pick 1 or 2 before i turnfight the rest, usually this tactic will work if ur alone and can also be done by the "picker" planes like ponies and jugs. A good pilot knows his fight be it agressive or offensive or defensive etc etc etc... also, it helps if you got a wingman to assist you when youre rtb. im great in a zeke but almost always its the pilots around me that deserve the credit for me landing my kills.  :salute to all the pilots who got people's backs
modify: btw, the spit16 should stay unperked unless HTC decides to add the 266 merlin into it instead of their game version merlin 66
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 12:42:05 AM by 321BAR »
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline Ruah

• Silver Member
« Reply #211 on: March 08, 2010, 01:03:57 AM »
What, so if I fly a Spit, or a yak, or a f4u, or anything other then a hurry or a zero and I manage to pull a win - then its because the plane is good?  Srsly, if people really feel that these planes are overpowered for some reason then they can easliy just fly them.  There is no one stopping you.

I fly planes because I like their histories and because I like the challange not because I'm Min/Maxing with internet airplanes - its no big deal for me to get killed by a spit or whatever - its not like I am losing anything by dying.  And I certainly do not come here crying about it (I don't even keep 200 open - it makes me sick how much emo crap is going on in there). 

Should the spit 16 be perked?  Well, that ends with the LA-7, P-51, the K4 and a few other planes getting perked - and even then, people will still find the 'best' and call people who fly those noobs, cheaters, whatevers.  It will happen once WWI planes are released too - it happens in every combat mmo I have ever played in.  I don't fly the Yak because its a challange - I fly it because its a very frustrating plane to fly, and I get satisfaction from doing it well - that does not make me leet, it makes me lucky.

Kommando Nowotny
I/JG 77, 2nd Staffel
Mediterranean Maelstrom
HORRIDO

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #212 on: March 08, 2010, 01:09:05 AM »
you can fly a yak get kills and not be lucky ruah, look at chanzz and chewi for instance.
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline Plawranc

• Gold Member
      • Youtube Channel
« Reply #213 on: March 08, 2010, 04:56:46 AM »
I like to use myself as an example.

You put me in the same aircraft as you and I can more than likely beat you. Put me in a Spit 16 I can beat almost everyone in the game ( Allowing for Grizz and Bruv and people of the like who rape the living bajesus out of me ).

Does this make me any more of a noob? no. Why?

Because the 38 and 51 pilots who have "skills" land kills by playing the strengths of their aircraft which are speed and picking. I play to the advantage of the Spitfire which is Roll and Turn with fantastic E retention.

I was fighting a brilliant KI pilot the other night, people say that the Spixteen should easily beat it. With an average pilot yes. But a pilot who knows his plane and uses its advantage will ALWAYS win a fight. I beat Spit 16s in a 38 J and G because I use energy tactics.

Pilot not plane, for the bajillionth time in this thread.
DaPacman - 71 Squadron RAF

"There are only two things that make life worth living. Fornication and Aviation"

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #214 on: March 08, 2010, 07:15:32 AM »

You put me in the same aircraft as you and I can more than likely beat you. Put me in a Spit 16 I can beat almost everyone in the game

Your ego is reaching critical mass.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #215 on: March 08, 2010, 08:09:53 AM »
more like his ego is aging like a sun before it supernovas and becomes a black hole and sucks us in... :noid
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #216 on: March 08, 2010, 08:14:47 AM »
more like his ego is aging like a sun before it supernovas and becomes a black hole and sucks us in... :noid

More like, his ego is coalescing into a solid mass inside a tubelike structure, blocked on one end. In there, it gestates as additional mass arrives via the open end. There it outgases and ferments and grows until a parastaltic process pushes the overlarge size 16 ego painfully out through a size 10 hole.

It is beached at that point and becomes a source of great pride for its author, a noxious, pungent, and unsanitary eyesore for everyone else.
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #217 on: March 08, 2010, 08:17:10 AM »
More like, his ego is coalescing into a solid mass inside a tubelike structure, blocked on one end. In there, it gestates as additional mass arrives via the open end. There it outgases and ferments and grows until a parastaltic process pushes the overlarge size 16 ego painfully out through a size 10 hole.

It is beached at that point and becomes a source of great pride for its author, a noxious, pungent, and unsanitary eyesore for everyone else.
  :rofl :rofl :rofl i thought i got the peak of the laughter with what i said :aok im still laughing cuz of this... well thought out man!
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #218 on: March 08, 2010, 11:03:57 AM »

You put me in the same aircraft as you and I can more than likely beat you. Put me in a Spit 16 I can beat almost everyone in the game ( Allowing for Grizz and Bruv and people of the like who rape the living bajesus out of me ).

Does this make me any more of a noob? no. Why?

Because the 38 and 51 pilots who have "skills" land kills by playing the strengths of their aircraft which are speed and picking. I play to the advantage of the Spitfire which is Roll and Turn with fantastic E retention.

I was fighting a brilliant KI pilot the other night, people say that the Spixteen should easily beat it. With an average pilot yes. But a pilot who knows his plane and uses its advantage will ALWAYS win a fight. I beat Spit 16s in a 38 J and G because I use energy tactics.

I'd suggest you not categorize 38 pilots so narrowly.  While I confess I don't land a lot of kills, I sure do enjoy fighting 16s on the deck low and slow in turnfights.  More often then not, it's the 16 that's broken unless he gets help :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #219 on: March 08, 2010, 11:34:20 AM »

:uhoh Bows respectfully.

:lol
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 12:04:02 PM by stodd »
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
« Reply #220 on: March 08, 2010, 12:00:41 PM »
btw, the spit16 should stay unperked unless HTC decides to add the 266 merlin into it instead of their game version merlin 66

Confused!

A Merlin 266 is a Merlin 66 built in the U.S.
The 2 prefix for all Merlin variants signified a  Merlin built overseas.

ONLY difference is the 266 has a FTH 1000ft higher than the 66, hardly a perkworthy difference.

[edit] Unless you mean 25lbs boost in which case both the the 66 (May/June 44) and the 266 (Dec 44) used it.
Still probably not perkworthy for 5 mins of boost.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 12:06:15 PM by Kev367th »
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo
2 x 2Gb Corsair 1066 DDR2 memory

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #221 on: March 08, 2010, 04:42:33 PM »

LOL!  Here I thought Thrash's posts were the funniest ones in this thread but here you come and take the top prize. 

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #222 on: March 08, 2010, 05:55:33 PM »
I'd suggest you not categorize 38 pilots so narrowly.  While I confess I don't land a lot  :)  In 1 piece

Fixed..................... :devil

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #223 on: March 08, 2010, 10:15:05 PM »
Confused!

A Merlin 266 is a Merlin 66 built in the U.S.
The 2 prefix for all Merlin variants signified a  Merlin built overseas.

ONLY difference is the 266 has a FTH 1000ft higher than the 66, hardly a perkworthy difference.

[edit] Unless you mean 25lbs boost in which case both the the 66 (May/June 44) and the 266 (Dec 44) used it.
Still probably not perkworthy for 5 mins of boost.
but they have the spit 14 with the griffon perked slightly cuz it flies very well up above 20k feet... under that and its raped abused and thrown in dumpsters...
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #224 on: March 09, 2010, 03:31:18 AM »
I like to use DBCooper as an example.

You put DBCooper in the same aircraft as you and DBCooper can more than likely beat you. Put DBCooper in a Spit 16 DBCooper can beat almost everyone in the game ( Allowing for DBCooper and Uptown and people of the like who rape the living bajesus out of sheep ).

Does this make DBCooper any more of a noob? no. Why?

Because the 38 and 51 pilots who have "skills" land kills by playing the strengths of their aircraft which are speed and picking. DbCooper play to the advantage of the Spitfire which is Roll and Turn with fantastic E retention.

DBCooper was fighting a brilliant KI pilot the other night, people say that the Spixteen should easily beat it. With an average pilot yes. But a DBCooper who knows his plane and uses its advantage will ALWAYS win a fight. DBCooper beat Spit 16s in a 38 J and G because DBCooper use energy tactics.

I thank you for the kind words sir <<S>>  :x I fixed it  :D
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 03:39:32 AM by uptown »
Lighten up Francis