Author Topic: Perking Spit 16  (Read 11082 times)

Offline Threeup

• Copper Member
Re: Perking Spit 16
« Reply #240 on: April 27, 2010, 04:53:40 AM »
I fly what I want to fly and I want to fly Spits.
Only the ENY decides which model I fly and I don't care to fly a XIV because most fights start at 10K or less, so there's no starting advantage there.
The Seafire just keeps me honest in the E stakes whereas the XVI is a lot more forgiving. I just like the way Spits feel - They do most things pretty well but;
A N1KI will out turn me and has twice as many cannon shells as I do.
A Pony and an LA7 can extend away from me usually and have the abilty to dictate the fight with that speed and ultimately decide if they will fight.
A Zeke or a Hurri will make my Spit look like a carrier in the turn stakes and have superior ammo loadouts.
A P-38 has that stalling thing where they come down and smash me.
A Corsair has that "hang on the prop" act going and I get belted on the way down.
A Yak can out roll me.
190's and 109's have no gun convergence issues to speak of and "laser shoot" from any distance.
So flying a Spit is all about compromise and playing to moderate strengths and not getting sucked in to the other planes fight style - fight your own fight.
That being said - the Noob and Spixteen Noob comments are fairly tame and lame and probably wasted on all but the most insecure of people - save your fingers - the impressionable will probably change planes - the rest don't care.
There's no easy plane, but there are hard planes and crew who master those have my admiration but "he who has the most fun wins" and some nights I feel like a gold medallist.
end of rant - stay cool.
The Mighty Raw Prawns

"It's all good fun until someone loses an eye" Rooster Cogburn

http://youtu.be/pxM8XB61ZvU

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #241 on: April 27, 2010, 05:57:26 AM »
Only the ENY decides which model I fly and I don't care to fly a XIV because most fights start at 10K or less, so there's no starting advantage there.
The Seafire just keeps me honest in the E stakes whereas the XVI is a lot more forgiving. I just like the way Spits feel - They do most things pretty well but;
A Pony and an LA7 can extend away from me usually and have the abilty to dictate the fight with that speed and ultimately decide if they will fight.
A Zeke or a Hurri will make my Spit look like a carrier in the turn stakes and have superior ammo loadouts.
A Corsair has that "hang on the prop" act going and I get belted on the way down.
A Yak can out roll me.
190's and 109's have no gun convergence issues to speak of and "laser shoot" from any distance.
So flying a Spit is all about compromise and playing to moderate strengths and not getting sucked in to the other planes fight style - fight your own fight.
That being said - the Noob and Spixteen Noob comments are fairly tame and lame and probably wasted on all but the most insecure of people - save your fingers - the impressionable will probably change planes - the rest don't care.
There's no easy plane, but there are hard planes and crew who master those have my admiration but "he who has the most fun wins" and some nights I feel like a gold medallist.
end of rant - stay cool.
if you dont want to be disturbed dont look down at the pic :aok

Pretty sure a spitXIV will fight very well above 15k... VERY well
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 05:59:44 AM by 321BAR »
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
« Reply #242 on: April 27, 2010, 07:00:44 AM »
lol threeup, good rant  :cheers:
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.

Offline saantana

• Nickel Member
      • Dywizjon 308
« Reply #243 on: April 27, 2010, 04:12:43 PM »

Yes.

Thought surprisingly some veteran sticks in this game haven't gotten this very simple point. I wonder if there exists a correlation between a players skill and his ability to understand simple concepts.  :cheers:
Saantana
308 Polish Squadron RAF
http://dywizjon308.servegame.org

"I have fought a good fight, I have finished the course, I have kept my faith"

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #244 on: April 27, 2010, 06:11:21 PM »
A Yak can out roll me.
end of rant - stay cool.
Spits are easy mde.
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #245 on: April 27, 2010, 07:41:01 PM »

Perk the spits all u want all the good spit dweebs have lots of perkies to use :).

Semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #246 on: April 27, 2010, 07:46:22 PM »
I'm quite sure others have said this many times over (probably even me somewhere in this thread): there is no more capable aircraft than the Spit16.  The only real weakness is its ability to keep up in a fast dive of the those aircraft who run best while besting the bulk of the aircraft out there in a dogfight.  

Its turns very well; it rolls very well; it climbs very well; it accelerates very well; it has more than enough firepower; it carries 1k worth of ord (3 dead  gv's); it has great visibility; and has above average speed, and it holds E extremely well.  If it is anywhere near the "speed demons" at the start of a sprintor run-a-thon the runner is dead meat.

There are planes with less across the board abilities but are perked, the Spit14 comes to mind right away.  The Spit14 has a wee bit a speed and a wee bit a climb advantage over the Spit16.  If anything, the Spit 16 should have a small perk (?), and the Spit 14 should have lessor than it had now (down to a 7?)
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #247 on: April 27, 2010, 07:46:31 PM »
Perk the spits all u want all the good spit dweebs have lots of perkies to use :).

Semp
That they do, but the spits will most likely never be perked.
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #248 on: April 27, 2010, 08:15:21 PM »
I'm quite sure others have said this many times over (probably even me somewhere in this thread): there is no more capable aircraft than the Spit16.  The only real weakness is its ability to keep up in a fast dive of the those aircraft who run best while besting the bulk of the aircraft out there in a dogfight.  

Its turns very well; it rolls very well; it climbs very well; it accelerates very well; it has more than enough firepower; it carries 1k worth of ord (3 dead  gv's); it has great visibility; and has above average speed, and it holds E extremely well.  If it is anywhere near the "speed demons" at the start of a sprintor run-a-thon the runner is dead meat.

There are planes with less across the board abilities but are perked, the Spit14 comes to mind right away.  The Spit14 has a wee bit a speed and a wee bit a climb advantage over the Spit16.  If anything, the Spit 16 should have a small perk (?), and the Spit 14 should have lessor than it had now (down to a 7?)
the spiXIV is perked due to its ability to fight at altitude...the higher the better for it... rivals all of the high alt fighters cept maybe the 152 and jets
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #249 on: April 27, 2010, 08:36:54 PM »
That they do, but the spits will most likely never be perked.

Again, no one has presented any valid evidence as to why the Spitfire Mk XVI should be perked, let alone how the Spitfire Mk XVI has unbalanced the game play in any fashion. 

The same whines you hear about the Spitfire Mk XVI were the same whines years ago about the La-7, N1K2, P-51D and the FW 190D-9. 

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Glasses

• Silver Member
« Reply #250 on: April 27, 2010, 08:54:14 PM »

That's some good drugs you must be smoking friend.  :rofl

I'll just sit here and watch from the corner,carry on.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 08:58:05 PM by Glasses »

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #251 on: April 27, 2010, 11:51:59 PM »
If they gave the Spit XVI 150 octane fuel I'd support perking it.  If they gave the Spit XIV 150 octane fuel I'd support keeping it perked.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline bravoa8

• Silver Member
« Reply #252 on: April 28, 2010, 12:01:05 AM »
if you dont want to be disturbed dont look down at the pic :aok

(Image removed from quote.)

Pretty sure a spitXIV will fight very well above 15k... VERY well
That's so funny and wierd! :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Offline Threeup

• Copper Member
« Reply #253 on: April 28, 2010, 12:10:08 AM »
Spits are easy mde.
That's some good drugs you must be smoking friend. 

I'll just sit here and watch from the corner,carry on.

Oh come on!!
Surely you can use more brain cells and generate a worthwhile reply!
Seriously - you consider the two little gems above input into a discussion?

The 109K4 carries a devastating 30mm Mk 108 cannons (65 rounds) mounted to fire through the propeller spinner.
Standard to the 190A5 are a pair of cowl mounted 7.9mm MG17's with 900 rounds/gun.

Where's the convergence?
Reply or don't reply, but please add something of worth and don't embarrass yourselves any further - and buy a new book of "witty remarks".
The Mighty Raw Prawns

"It's all good fun until someone loses an eye" Rooster Cogburn

http://youtu.be/pxM8XB61ZvU

Offline Plawranc

• Gold Member
      • Youtube Channel
« Reply #254 on: April 28, 2010, 12:35:08 AM »
Spitfires are not noobish, they can do everything pretty well, but the skill needed to fly them properly is no less than any other aircraft. In fact I found the F4U easier than the Spitfire lol. And yet they are regarded as "Pro" rides.

Please, we fly what we want and if we win? then you fought the wrong fight.
DaPacman - 71 Squadron RAF

"There are only two things that make life worth living. Fornication and Aviation"