Author Topic: possible bug?  (Read 529 times)

Offline Estes

• Gold Member
possible bug?
« on: February 14, 2010, 07:13:11 PM »
Or is it just me? Apologies if this has been brought up before. But, this has been going on for a few years. Here recently, it has been happening more often though.

What happens is, I will get in the game and all my radio channels will be reset to what I assume to be the default. Not a huge deal, but is a slight pain having to change all the channels back.

Offline Blooz

• Gold Member
Re: possible bug?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2010, 03:24:26 AM »
Interesting problem. I've never had the radio channels change on me when I log.

Mine are set Country, All, Range (in MA, set to Help in TA), Squad, Squad Tuned Channel number.

They only change when I change them. Being that the radio is very important in the game, I think you'd have alot of ticked off people posting for a fix if it was a widespread thing.

The first question would be do you share an account? If you do then it's possible the other person is changing your radios around.

The only other thing I can think of is that the info isn't getting saved to the appropriate game file on your hard drive. What OS do you use?
White 9
JG11 Sonderstaffel

"You can't vote your way out of communism."

Offline Blooz

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2010, 07:44:02 AM »
I looked at my files and in the Settings folder there are two .cfg files, one called radio and the other radioset.

Maybe check to see if you have these and when they last updated?
White 9
JG11 Sonderstaffel

Offline Estes

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2010, 10:52:53 AM »
hey blooz. thanks for the reply. Im not sharing my account with anyone, im using windows 7 pro 64 bit.

I looked at those files, but I cant seem to find any time stamps as far as when it was last edited. As an experiment though, I changed the radio set file to reflect how I set it up in-game.

I have mine setup country, 200 (change to all depending on the arena) country, squad vox channel, squad only channel, and then of course our squad vox channel.

So far, I have opened and closed the game several times trying to duplicate this. But, since it doesnt happen every time I log in im just taking shots in the dark to see if manually setting the channels in the config file will keep it from changing on me.

I dont think it is OS related, as this has happened occassionally over the years on different OS's. It does seem to happen more frequently with my new machine running windows 7, so it could be a quirk that is more prevelant in windows 7 than it was with other windows versions.

Also, I have tried some differant variables such as logging in after a restart, a shut down, and after just leaving another game. In case it might be an anti virus program related, thought I might mention im running just Avira. (The Avira im running is just an AV, no firewall with it.)

Hope this might shed some more light as to what could be causing this.

:cheers and thanks again.

Offline Tec

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2010, 11:11:57 AM »
Do you occasionally chat from the Lobby?  I find if I go into the lobby and just do the .sr thing everything is fine, but if I tune one of the radio channels to squad in there and then go into the arena all my channels revert to default.
To each their pwn.
K$22L7AoH

Offline Estes

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2010, 11:18:54 AM »
Aah, good idea. I didnt think about that, yes I chat from the lobby now and again. Let me fire up the computer and give this a try, will let you know. Thanks for the suggestion.

Offline Blooz

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2010, 11:23:12 AM »
Do you occasionally chat from the Lobby?  I find if I go into the lobby and just do the .sr thing everything is fine, but if I tune one of the radio channels to squad in there and then go into the arena all my channels revert to default.

Now that would be a bug!

I don't chat from the lobby so we could be close.
White 9
JG11 Sonderstaffel

Offline NCLawman

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2010, 12:38:11 PM »
I also have had that problem, but ONLY when I have accidentally gone into the lobby prior to entering the arena.  Lobby = Radio resets for me.   Thus, I don't go in there accept by accident (otherwise known as a drunk mouse click).

:joystick:
Jeff / NCLawMan (in-game)

Those who contribute the least to society, expect the most from it.

Light travels faster than sound.  This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Offline Estes

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2010, 12:54:59 PM »
It appears you guys are right. Going into the lobby and chatting prior to entering an arena, will reset your radio.

Aargh. Hopefully HTC will fix this some time in the future. Until then, I think I will avoid the lobby.

Offline klingan

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2010, 08:28:57 AM »
It appears you guys are right. Going into the lobby and chatting prior to entering an arena, will reset your radio.

Aargh. Hopefully HTC will fix this some time in the future. Until then, I think I will avoid the lobby.

Been like this for some time now.

The Few GFC