Author Topic: Losing perks while discoes  (Read 589 times)

Offline Mus51

• Nickel Member
Losing perks while discoes
« on: February 22, 2010, 03:16:51 PM »
Dear HTC,

I lost 200 perks flying a 262 wile getting discoed, i get discoes allot lately and its very frustrating losing perks while getting a disco.
I would be very happy if you don't lose perks anymore while gettign a disco.
Regards,

DutchGuy

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
Re: Losing perks while discoes
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2010, 03:18:20 PM »
Problem with this is the guy who has a bad guy on his 6 and pulls the plug to avoid losing his perks.  It sucks when it happens but it's probably necessary.  If you've been having a lot of discos and don't want to loose perks, don't up expensive planes.
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline Dr_Death8

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2010, 11:42:28 AM »
To help with the discoes, try defragging the game.  I was having some issues with discos and I defragged and it helped.

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2010, 01:26:59 PM »
I am not concerned about the perks, however annoying it may be.  Same thing happened to me yesterday.  I didn't think twice about it, because I only fly the thing when perks pts are near 200, mainly because I expect to loose them.  What does bother me, is the accusations about cable pulling.  Yes, I am sure there is 1 in 2,000 players that would actually do it.  So, 1,999 other players reap the benefits of that one player's indiscretion.

Jayhawk, I am not saying that you are making any accusations, I understand and agree that you are simply bringing up the logic behind disco perk inferno.  :devil

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2010, 01:35:19 PM »
I am not concerned about the perks, however annoying it may be.  Same thing happened to me yesterday.  I didn't think twice about it, because I only fly the thing when perks pts are near 200, mainly because I expect to loose them.  What does bother me, is the accusations about cable pulling.  Yes, I am sure there is 1 in 2,000 players that would actually do it.  So, 1,999 other players reap the benefits of that one player's indiscretion.

Jayhawk, I am not saying that you are making any accusations, I understand and agree that you are simply bringing up the logic behind disco perk inferno.  :devil

Cable pulling happens very rarely because guys realize it doesn't benefit them at all, so I agree, it can be annoying when people starting throwing around the "C word" and use that argument.  But IF you didn't loose your perks on a disco, I bet we would see more of it.
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline greens

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2010, 03:46:12 PM »
Dear HTC,

I lost 200 perks flying a 262 wile getting discoed, i get discoes allot lately and its very frustrating losing perks while getting a disco.
Dude, I lost like 3000 perks to discos don't complain about 200 perks thats nothing compared to 200  :D and i wish i can get all my perks back too.
_-=ELIM EAGLES=-_
in loving memory of OZ <Eagles21>
 miss you bro!

Offline Lepape2

• Nickel Member
      • YouTube musician/video channel
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2010, 06:39:46 PM »
Okay, then if HiTech changes the game in such a manner that you don't loose perks when discoing, no one will EVER shoot down 262s anymore. Why? Well, they can just pull the plug as soon as they see a P51 dive on their 6 and will never be penalized.

I get discoed around 15-20times a month, and that happened a lot when I was in a 262. I now got used to it and I try to keep a 2000perk reserve. As soon as I up a perk ride, I tell myself that those perks are already lost as soon as I take off. That relieves my frustration in the event of a disco.

The host connection is very easy to get lost. However I hate to say it  :cry, but it should stay that way as long as this prevents exploits by pulling the plug and push it back to make you warp for your opponent and save you the trouble.
Jug Movie 1 - Hunt or Prey
Jug Movie 2 - The Jug's Tail

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2010, 04:26:41 AM »
Dear HTC,

:cry    :rofl   and have a  :banana:  too   :aok

just think of all the fun you will have earning them back in high eny rides.  I would toss you those measley 200 perks if I could.  Spare change out of my back pocket  :D
The Few ***
F.P.H