Author Topic: Oil damage  (Read 1817 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Oil damage
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2010, 03:29:31 PM »
Have this problem too but I thought it was leaking fuel/rad hits that was doing it.

The more I think of it... it might be a combination, when someone / certain plane is getting a rad & oil leak at the same time?

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2010, 06:56:54 PM »
Was flying with Dedalos last night near a Vbase with very few players in the area.  (10 max including GVs.  prob more like 5-8)

I flew over to steal Dedalos's kill, which according to my squad is what I "do",and the nme got an oil hit.

I now understand what Ded was saying in this thread.  Suddenly my fps dropped to near single digits and stayed low until the con died at which time they went right back to max refresh rate.

Happened to Dedalos and me with the same con at the same time with very few nme in the area.

There is something here people.  

I am not saying it always happens, but it for durn sure did last night.  Normally, heck almost always, when an nme has an oil hit it has no effect on my FPS what so ever.  Nothing I ever notice anyway.  This was different.  AH suddenly went to "Slide Show" mode.

Doubt it is my computer as me and Ded have diff. systems yet the same thing happened to both of us.  Sounds more like a bug and this thread should prob. be moved to the Bug Reports.

Could it be the opponent?  In the past I have noticed huge FPS hits when I am fighting certain players that goes away the moment they die.  I noticed it because it happened over and over in a fight and others around me also commented on it.  Soon as that guy dies everything is fine.  Is it possible they were doing something that would affect me and Ded's FPS?  (no idea what though)

Con was a 109G-2 if that means anything.

Wish I had filmed it.
(Sorry HTC)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 06:59:32 PM by WMLute »
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline warhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2010, 07:11:38 PM »
The more I think of it... it might be a combination, when someone / certain plane is getting a rad & oil leak at the same time?

I have seen 109G14s have this problem seemingly more frequently than other planes.  I have been in cockpit with only an oil leak and suffered a FR hit myself, along with others noticing it at the same time.  I've definitely seen other planes throw out the FR hits with ONLY oil leaks.  Maybe it's the frequency of which I fly and fight G14s, but they seem to be the major culprit.
warhed
=Wings of Terror=

"Give me sheep, or give me death!"

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2010, 08:58:50 PM »
  Wouldnt the bugs forum be the place for this thread?

:salute

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2010, 09:17:39 PM »
I've been having frame rate issues as well, but cannot correlate it directly to one source. 

Darker smoke however, would seem to be appropriate for such a problem.

See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2010, 08:04:36 AM »
  Wouldnt the bugs forum be the place for this thread?

:salute

Ahhh, yeah, maybe.  I was told it was a known bug after the latest update so I am not reporting a new bug.  Just wondering when is it going to be fixed.  My guess is more people read this than the bug forum so maybe someone has a workaround for it or maybe a lot of people say that they see it and that helps it up the bug fix list.

Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2010, 08:27:14 AM »
I don't have this problem b/c I rarely hit anbody anymore. :D

Seriously, I haven't noticed the smoke issue but I have noticed gv's being present will give me big FR hits and that never used to be the case.
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline SEraider

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2010, 10:00:34 AM »
I recall it happening to me a few times.  It's legit question IMO.
* I am the embodiment of Rule #14
* History is only recent.
* Stick and Stones won't break my bones, but names could "hurt" me.

CO Screaming Eagles

Offline froger

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2010, 01:17:24 AM »
I do. It happens occasionally, mostly in a furball on the deck when someone else is getting an oil leak. Result: About 3-4 seconds of stuttering.
But as it doesn't happen all the time, I unfortunately wasn't able to narrow it down yet.

this happened to me tonight. on the deck and i popped a KIs oil and like he said.....frame rate slide show.
lasted about 5 seconds.
since the last update i have had trouble with the smoke.
   i thought it might be my on board sound so i shut it down and went with a dedicated card. <---no help there.
this random FR oil thing is just what it is, random so i guess it ain't that big a deal. as for the smoke FR drain...
   i give up. i just deal with it.

that is all
froger
frogs are people too

Offline Sonicblu

• Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2010, 07:34:34 PM »
It seems to me that the FR drop is happening alot lately.

Everytime I am in icon range with a smoking plane it get a FR hit.

Offline warhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2010, 10:02:08 PM »
It seems to me that the FR drop is happening alot lately.

Everytime I am in icon range with a smoking plane it get a FR hit.

It definitely happens more than a few "random" occurrences.  At least as G14s go, it has to be somewhere around 10% of the time the oil gets smoked.
warhed
=Wings of Terror=

"Give me sheep, or give me death!"

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2010, 11:53:35 PM »
I've been blaming GumNuts, every time I fly near him I get an FR hit. But the smoke and oil hits have become a lot more prevalant over the last few weeks.
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2010, 07:50:52 AM »
No cryptic one liner yet

Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2010, 08:02:42 AM »
I cant hit anything with an oil leak anyway :o
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Bravo80

• Zinc Member
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2010, 10:02:20 AM »
I've neverer had a problem with frame rate decrease in conjunction with an oil leak.  I've also found your engine life can be prolonged with multiple on/off's of the engine.