Author Topic: A simple mission for beginners  (Read 1332 times)

Offline Lovin_Lightning

• Zinc Member
A simple mission for beginners
« on: February 20, 2010, 09:47:30 PM »
Does anyone know of a simple maybe 1v1 mission to teach beginners how to dogfight that is compatible with the newest AH version? In the other missions I have been playing it's nigh on impossible for me to get some kills because I'm just starting out. Thanks
Wife of prominent politician: Mr. Churchill you are drunk, drunk, drunk! Churchill: Yes madam, and you are ugly! But in the morning I shall be sober.

Offline maddafinga

• Silver Member
      • The Musketeers Squadron
Re: A simple mission for beginners
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2010, 10:40:54 PM »
Does anyone know of a simple maybe 1v1 mission to teach beginners how to dogfight that is compatible with the newest AH version? In the other missions I have been playing it's nigh on impossible for me to get some kills because I'm just starting out. Thanks

You might be better off taking a plane up and making passes at the circling drones then man.  Not as interesting as an actual mission, but they're all close and you can get a much better feel for the gunnery and start to build up a mental image of how much to lead a plane to land hits.  Making passes and missing so you have to pull up and roll over and behind them again is also good practice.  That's probably where I'd start, rather than a mission.  My .02
madda
The Musketeers Squadron
http://www.musketeers.org/
When the Dude is recognized in the World, Undudeness is seen everywhere... Dude De Ching
http://dudeism.com/tao/

Offline BrownBaron

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2010, 11:09:23 PM »
Yea, I started out shootin at drones before i found out we had these offline missions, you can set your plane to unlimmited ammo as well to help along the learning process.

from the clipboard, click options->Arena Setup->Envoirnment->Arena Settings, scroll down to "PlaneGunAmmoMult", double click on it, and change the value to 10.

Clear skys, and good tail-winds

BB
O Jagdgeschwader 77

Ingame ID: Johannes

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2010, 12:41:41 AM »
I thought AH came with a default mission on the ndisles terrain. It's called one-on-one & is a pony vs. pony.
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline TUK

• Silver Member
      • 13MPG
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2010, 12:00:17 PM »
Yeah it does.. But if one is not patient it takes a long time for the ponies ti mix it up ...  Someone made a quick one a while back... It was 1 tempest vs. 10 c47s.. Would be a good one for the young lad.... :old:
CO WD40 (FSO)
Death From Above (DFA) - Main Arena

Offline Lovin_Lightning

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2010, 02:55:35 PM »
Thanks for the advice. I have done my fair share of shooting down the circling drones and I'm fine with those, they're a piece of cake. However, my problem is more how to turn fast enough to get a P38 of my tail or something like that. Thanks for the tip on the unlimited ammo by the way... I didn't know about that.
How can I get that 1v1 mission on ndisles? That sounds like it might be worth the hassle. Also does that 10v1 mission work on the newest version?
Wife of prominent politician: Mr. Churchill you are drunk, drunk, drunk! Churchill: Yes madam, and you are ugly! But in the morning I shall be sober.

Offline BrownBaron

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2010, 03:01:55 PM »
hmmm.....let me see if I can post some of the easier missions i have for you...
O Jagdgeschwader 77

Ingame ID: Johannes

Offline WWM

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2010, 05:23:46 PM »
I've lost all missions after the last update as well and would like to see the 1v1 again also.  It's easy ( or was easy) to change planes and the # in the editor once you have the mission.  Of course when the next update happens it will probably go to sh*t again.   I wish they would keep the offline missions up to date with the regular updates.  Great practice.
Jay12

Offline TUK

• Silver Member
      • 13MPG
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2010, 06:20:03 PM »
I've lost all missions after the last update as well and would like to see the 1v1 again also.  It's easy ( or was easy) to change planes and the # in the editor once you have the mission.  Of course when the next update happens it will probably go to sh*t again.   I wish they would keep the offline missions up to date with the regular updates.  Great practice.
CC, I agree. I have a bunch of offline missions that could be good for him but they are out of date..
I am sure that one of the (great ) mission makers will make him a simple mission... If they do, thank them for their time...  :salute
CO WD40 (FSO)
Death From Above (DFA) - Main Arena