Author Topic: A new side balancing thought  (Read 960 times)

Offline GlassJaw

• Copper Member
A new side balancing thought
« on: February 21, 2010, 08:52:23 AM »
Ever irritated by our ENY system, I'm always trying to think of a better way.  What do you all think about varriable GV spawns... Spawns that move to give the folks who are down on numbers more advantage and those with large numbers less?

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: A new side balancing thought
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2010, 08:59:28 AM »
I like where your going with this, maybe make it harder the further inland you get kinda How the Strat city resets...the gv spawns reset :salute
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2010, 08:59:33 AM »
Or, you could just change sides.

:devil

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2010, 02:44:46 PM »
Ever irritated by our ENY system, I'm always trying to think of a better way.  What do you all think about varriable GV spawns... Spawns that move to give the folks who are down on numbers more advantage and those with large numbers less?
That doesn't address the issue at all for anybody who doesn't like vehicles.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline NOT

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2010, 03:52:55 PM »
Auto side switching.............

NOT

AKNOT

Offline Avanti

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2010, 03:55:24 PM »
That doesn't address the issue at all for anybody who doesn't like vehicles.
yeah it does, cause then the ENY restrictions don't have to happen
everyone's a winner

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2010, 01:07:07 AM »
Or, you could just change sides.

:devil

wrongway

I know some people change sides , but I don't think most do and that's the issue, it seems to me that even with the ENY restrictions some people for what ever reason remain loyal to that side.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2010, 01:11:50 AM »
Ever irritated by our ENY system, I'm always trying to think of a better way.  What do you all think about varriable GV spawns... Spawns that move to give the folks who are down on numbers more advantage and those with large numbers less?

I've come to realize that in a 3 country war, there isn't a strong correlation between a country numerical disadvantage and an actual local disadvantage.  I fly the low country side all the time and sometimes can't even find a red guy, just mobs of green everywhere.  Other times I've been on the high side and there are mobs of red hordes on each front.  

This wish would be cool if it was somehow implemented along with a zone eny-type program.  When numerical ratios are thrown off too great in a certain sector for xxx amount of time, spawn points move, or something of that nature.  Not bad for the ground game.

Offline batch

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2010, 01:23:10 AM »
Im failing to see how this could be positive in any way when you consider ENY as it relates to GVs

first you have to realize that ENY effects GVs more quickly than aircraft.... as there are limited GVs to begin with........ when ENY gets too high, the high side is normally stuck with T34/76, M16s, LVT, and M3....... hardly a match for any low ENY GV defense

then you have to realize that most maps only have 1 GV spawn into most bases....... so when ENY goes up and you eliminate that frontline spawn..... youve completely taken GVs away from the high side except to defend their own bases

ENY is supposed to be a measure to handicap the high side by limiting their ability to attack....... not completely remove it

as to the idea someone earlier suggested that this would eliminate the need for ENY? seriously? so your thought is that by preventing the side with 50 more players from using GVs that you would then have no problems dealing with the extra 50 P51s attacking?

not criticizing the idea........ cause I believe new ideas are always good to read........ just pointing out the problems with it
"theres nothin like wakin up with a Dickens Cider" - Dickens Fruit Stand

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2010, 01:24:45 AM »
The only problem with having variable GV spawns is the bitmap MAP.............   Can't change it on the fly under present conditions.

See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2010, 01:32:56 AM »
The only problem with having variable GV spawns is the bitmap MAP.............   Can't change it on the fly under present conditions.

Why not? Don't the strats 'retreat'?

Nvm, I see what you are saying.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 01:36:50 AM by grizz441 »

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2010, 03:38:58 PM »
I know some people change sides , but I don't think most do and that's the issue, it seems to me that even with the ENY restrictions some people for what ever reason remain loyal to that side.

I wonder if there is a direct correlation between whining about ENY and refusing to switch sides?

Otherwise, it doesn't really matter, does it?

:furious   
 :neener:

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2010, 04:13:39 PM »
I wonder if there is a direct correlation between whining about ENY and refusing to switch sides?

Otherwise, it doesn't really matter, does it?

:furious   
 :neener:

wrongway

Not worth the effort to do a study on, besides with a three team round robin isn’t one side always out numbered by the other two? 

We had a major battle last Saturday evening , forget which arena, but it was LWA and Knights only have like 35 guy to the rooks and bish each have like 60,  Bish were hitting one base hard with a hoard and we were able to hold .  Lots of fun, pulling it out of the fire.  Lots of kills, lots of deaths.  We had a really good squad night.  It was just by chance or luck that we held.  They beat us in air to air and had a CV just off shore , pounding us with the 5and 8 inch guns.  They hit the airfield and City with so many bombers that the entire base was cratered .  Some how when ever they got troops near the map room one would get killed and the whole process started again.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2010, 04:22:03 PM »
first you have to realize that ENY effects GVs more quickly than aircraft.... as there are limited GVs to begin with........ when ENY gets too high, the high side is normally stuck with T34/76, M16s, LVT, and M3....... hardly a match for any low ENY GV defense

I would say ENY effects GVs less quickly than aircraft.
Because the ENY values are much higher. Even a low ENY of 5 takes away perk rides, Spit 16, P-51, with ENY 10 town busters like the 110G or N1K are gone, while only the Tiger is being affected... which isn't that dominant or dangerous anymore anyway.

If you are reduced to T-34/76, your side is massively outnumbering the enemy:

Tiger 10
Sherman Firefly 15
T34/85 15
Wirbelwind 15
Panzer IV 25
Ostwind 25

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2010, 04:44:12 PM »
Yet another Wish in which the Community doesn't accept responsibility for their "loyalty".   Side Balancing is simple, but I've come to find that many depend on the numbers to play this game. 
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC