Author Topic: Tanktown/Fightertown  (Read 1436 times)

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
Tanktown/Fightertown
« on: February 22, 2010, 03:10:04 AM »
I know I'm mutilating a dead horse here, but I am in hopes that just one nub that thinks taking TT/FT bases is "fun" or valuable for the war effort will think twice next time.

Nd isles is probably my fav map in this game. I'm sure that there is a majority playerbase that log on and don't have time to climb 2 sectors to look for a fight or 20 min from a spawn to even see a GV.  TT also gives a great sanctuary from the horde.

I'm trying to figure out the mentality that taking and owning TT/FT bases is valuable to the "war effort". Ive heard here and there that " It takes up valuable resources and these guys furballing in there could be taking other bases". You guys know that removing the "resources" there also means that guys on the other side are freed up to kill off your war winning efforts. Its strategically stupid!! This isn't an attack on BISH, NIT or ROOK..it happens all the time on all sides.

:pray that HTC makes these uncapturalble some time in the future
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz

Offline TW9

• Silver Member
      • http://www.tedwilliams.com
Re: Tanktown/Fightertown
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2010, 04:22:18 AM »

:pray that HTC makes these uncapturalble some time in the future

It won't happen. And the reason the FTWs go after these bases is the same reason they go after all the other V-bases on any other map. Because its easy. 2 ack, a couple hangars, and troops. Pretty simple. They still don't have a clue of how to capture a field. Which gets proven nightly.  :aok
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 04:58:31 AM by TW9 »
Quote from: sax
The community lacks personality , thank #@# for TW9 or
there would'nt even be anyone --------- left .
Quote from: Krusty
Edit2: BAN the ass-hat. That's not skuzzy, that's a tard named TW9

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2010, 05:59:52 AM »
Lamers, griefers or noobs capture TT bases.

Players that capture bases in TankTown 100% fall into one of the 3 above categories.

There is no justification.
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline Scherf

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2010, 07:36:29 AM »
Heheheh.

I guess HTC needs a special map tile for certain fields which contain (draws breath) The Immovable Object (TM).

Little bump on a log somewhere, needs eleventeenyone bajillion damage points to destroy, otherwise field ain't down.

Griefers would still try though.
... missions were to be met by the commitment of alerted swarms of fighters, composed of Me 109's and Fw 190's, that were strategically based to protect industrial installations. The inferior capabilities of these fighters against the Mosquitoes made this a hopeless and uneconomical effort. 1.JD KTB

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2010, 07:49:04 AM »
  GVers on all sides send M-3's to capture bases. It's only easy with no defense. When the bomb****s interfere with GV battles thats Lame. What good would all the GV bases on TT be if the fight centered on only the central 3 bases?
  The fight should be fluid if they capture a base you push back and try to recapture it.
  Now if a Horde decides to take the whole Island .....well we all know the lameness of hordes. The goal of all players should be to promote a good fight.  :airplane:
I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2010, 07:59:33 AM »
It won't happen. And the reason the FTWs go after these bases is the same reason they go after all the other V-bases on any other map. Because its easy. 2 ack, a couple hangars, and troops. Pretty simple. They still don't have a clue of how to capture a field. Which gets proven nightly.  :aok

proper defense can make it nearly impossible to take v-bases. i've seen single players hold off many for long enough for the hangars to re-up.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2010, 08:46:29 AM »
With all due respect Tralfz, you're in a pretty sizable squad (two wings last i looked),what keeps all you guys from porking the enemy troops? All sides on that island start off with the same rescources i.e., airfield with bombs. Pretty simple.
Lighten up Francis

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2010, 10:32:39 AM »
Or how about we modify some maps to make FT/TT bases un-capturable?

With all due respect Tralfz, you're in a pretty sizable squad (two wings last i looked),what keeps all you guys from porking the enemy troops? All sides on that island start off with the same rescources i.e., airfield with bombs. Pretty simple.
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline Digr1

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2010, 03:03:12 PM »
tank Town/ Fightrtown are the biggest waste of time in the game. Has no stratigic or tacital reason, its made for dweebs and newbies who cant take bases

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2010, 03:06:54 PM »
tank Town/ Fightrtown are the biggest waste of time in the game. Has no stratigic or tacital reason, its made for dweebs and newbies who cant take bases

Doesn't fun count anymore?  Tank Town used to be the spot to be.  Huge battles on the weekends.
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2010, 03:10:23 PM »

By that logic then all the elite base taking types have the other 90% of the map to play with so why not let the "dweebs and newbies" have their fun? 
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2010, 03:16:06 PM »
By that logic then all the elite base taking types have the other 90% of the map to play with so why not let the "dweebs and newbies" have their fun? 

I love TT when the Napoleons are not there. Fun fights last night <S>
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2010, 03:38:17 PM »

Yeah it is Uptown, but unless freindly fire was turned on, I couldnt do anything about it or trust me..I would. Its the guys in green that take TT/FT that peeve me off.
BTW.. My guys are usually on at 7-8pm EST, in which case we may have 5-6 turnout. When were on , our usual MO is that we pork bases first..then we can focus on killn em  :aok
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz

Offline TW9

• Silver Member
      • http://www.tedwilliams.com
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2010, 04:09:39 PM »
lol actually its full of people that could care less about the war and people that have no interest in attacking undefended bases. id gladly help with teh war if it meant id be facing opposition and not flying to fields full of ostis and fhs down.
Quote from: sax
The community lacks personality , thank #@# for TW9 or
there would'nt even be anyone --------- left .
Quote from: Krusty
Edit2: BAN the ass-hat. That's not skuzzy, that's a tard named TW9

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2010, 04:38:04 PM »

Considering that AcesHigh is about Aerial Combat, and that base capture is a mere side show put in to facilitate Aerial Combat, large groups of players that avoid the fight and hoard bases to "win da' war" are the biggest waste of time in the game.

There is no "Winning" of a war.  It never ends.  New map, new bases, here we go again.

What IS final is a fight.  

In a fight there is a clear winner and looser.

If you want to "win" in AcesHigh learn to fight.

Heck, if I am defending a base vs. a huge hoard and land 15-30 kills vs. 1-3 deaths, in my opinion even if they do capture the field, I "won" that.

Don't get caught up in the Side Show.

and not flying to fields full of ostis and fhs down.

Had an interesting debate with a player about that last night.  We had the field capped with 10-15 planes, VH and all field ack down, and this player and his squad came in and dropped all the hangers.

One of my squaddies said a few disparaging remarks about dropping the FH's.  (rhymed with regarded) and all the WM's immediately RTB to find another fight.

Their view was "why take the chance?  We were here earlier and ended up not taking the base in a similar situation."

My view was "that may be, but you were not here with 4 WM's capping the field."

I could see their point.  I have seen this squad have a field capped and in a very short time they were all dead.  The same can not be said of my squad.

I think my reply was "it all depends on who you surround yourself with".

In my opinion "quality" trumps "quantity" in most situations.  If nothing else the WidowMakers excel and doing the small things that most squads overlook that makes a field capture smooth and easy.  We ARE the guys killing the manned ack and checking the spawns for inbound nme.  (along w/ many other "things")  It is close to a rule in my squad that if you up a fighter you need to take bombs.  Better to have them and pickle 'em than need them and not got 'em.  Heck, I upped vulched fields w/ bombs 9 times out of 10.  (pickled otr of course)

Not that I have not advocated dropping FH's in the past.  It is just suuuuper rare.

WidowMaker base capture 101.  "Drop VH, Ack, Town, bring in troops".
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 04:56:23 PM by WMLute »
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit