Author Topic: Ords Bunker Hardness  (Read 1310 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Ords Bunker Hardness
« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2010, 10:30:32 AM »
I just can say I discovered this effect very early in my AH life (2nd tour) when I noticed that by using 6x500lbs instead of 3x1000lbs I significantly increased my success rate at dropping hangars.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: February 24, 2010, 09:48:43 AM »
makes sense, blast effect is roughly proportional to the sqrt of the charge mass
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline Wingnutt

• Silver Member
« Reply #47 on: February 24, 2010, 11:45:50 AM »
51 flies in at 10 k, ignores all who want to fight, strafs down 1 ord bunkers..flies through  ack at 500mph,  comes back gets the other ord bunker... by now 3 people chasing him, he ignores.  3rd pass hes pretty much done for, flies into the radar guns blazing.
1 guy, in 1 plane nobody can catch,  more or less shuts down the entire field so far as being able to properly defend it or launch any sort of offensive (bomber/jabo) attacks from it.  Of course he dies, but that doesent matter, no pentalty for death.    He ups and does it again at the next base on his list

kinda dumb, and happens day in and day out.

people who whine about sneaking bases should take heed,  this is one of the reasons its done that way..  if you try and start a "mini war" , a real fight to take a base, in short order the above is exactly what happens and 1 guy has shut the entire thing down in about the lamest fashion possible.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: February 26, 2010, 08:30:18 PM »
51 flies in at 10 k, ignores all who want to fight, strafs down 1 ord bunkers..flies through  ack at 500mph,  comes back gets the other ord bunker... by now 3 people chasing him, he ignores.  3rd pass hes pretty much done for, flies into the radar guns blazing.
1 guy, in 1 plane nobody can catch,  more or less shuts down the entire field so far as being able to properly defend it or launch any sort of offensive (bomber/jabo) attacks from it.  Of course he dies, but that doesent matter, no pentalty for death.    He ups and does it again at the next base on his list

kinda dumb, and happens day in and day out.

people who whine about sneaking bases should take heed,  this is one of the reasons its done that way..  if you try and start a "mini war" , a real fight to take a base, in short order the above is exactly what happens and 1 guy has shut the entire thing down in about the lamest fashion possible.

On the other hand you want to talk about lame gamepplay? typically get 50 people steeamrolling base after base through not skill but overwhelming numbers and the side with significantly fewer people only way of stopping or at least slowing them is for one plane to come in and blow everythign up that they need to steamroll.

Make the ords harder to pork and all you do is help the hordes which are already helped wayyyy too much.
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty