Author Topic: Jug D-11 Uber Alles  (Read 2878 times)

Offline Stoney

• Gold Member
Re: Jug D-11 Uber Alles
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2010, 05:22:13 AM »
Its because shooting down Jugs is a butt-load cooler than killing Spits...  Unless they're simply bomb-trucking, you've probably just got the drop on one of the better sticks in the game...  ;)
"Can we be incorrect at times, absolutely, but I do believe 15 years of experience does deserve a little more credence and respect than you have given from your very first post."

HiTech

Offline Plazus

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2010, 10:37:48 AM »
Its because shooting down Jugs is a butt-load cooler than killing Spits...  Unless they're simply bomb-trucking, you've probably just got the drop on one of the better sticks in the game...  ;)

But its not as cool as 8-.50cals shredding both wings of a spitty from wingtip to wingtip; and leaving behind a million pieces of spitfire salvage!  :banana:
Plazus
80th FS "Headhunters"

Axis vs Allies

Offline Rebel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2010, 12:33:58 PM »
I can't be the first to realize just how awesome the 11 is.  Screw the M.

My 109 fetish is in serious danger of being supplanted by a sexual innuendo-laced milk bottle.  

BUT... wish it had more twisty-type tricks.  Vet 47 drivers: in a near-stall speed rolling scissor on the deck (read: no alt to recover E), is the torque produced by the P&W simply not capable of twisting the aircraft around and over the top or an I doing something wrong?

The real trick is setting it into the roll, starting it, chopping the throttle, setting rudder and elevator, then slamming the throttle home to the firewall, and punching WEP.  

That'll get ya around real quick.

Another thing to play with is flaps.  one notch shy of full out is plenty for rollin scissor work, while dropping that last bit increases your lift just enough to tighten those maneuvers significantly.
"You rebel scum"

Offline W7LPNRICK

• Gold Member
      • Ham Radio Antenna Experiments
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2010, 09:30:48 PM »
The real trick is setting it into the roll, starting it, chopping the throttle, setting rudder and elevator, then slamming the throttle home to the firewall, and punching WEP.  

That'll get ya around real quick.

Another thing to play with is flaps.  one notch shy of full out is plenty for rollin scissor work, while dropping that last bit increases your lift just enough to tighten those maneuvers significantly.
need film... :salute
WildWzl
Ft Bragg Jump School-USAF Kunsan AB, Korea- Clark AB P.I.- Korat, Thailand-Tinker AFB Ok.- Mtn Home AFB Idaho
F-86's, F-4D, F-4G, F-5E Tiger II, C-130, UH-1N (Twin Engine Hueys) O-2's. E3A awacs, F-111, FB-111, EF-111,

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2010, 04:43:34 AM »
heres a bit of rolling scissors, excuse the spraying my gunnery isnt usually that bad :uhoh

http://www.lumbergh.aquiss.com/ah/ah_films/d25_reverse_dora.ahf
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline Rebel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2010, 10:07:05 AM »

No problem.  PM me your email address and I'll send ya some film of a fight or two.  I should be flying tonight so it'll be fresh coverage.
"You rebel scum"

Offline Lepape2

• Nickel Member
      • YouTube musician/video channel
« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2010, 12:19:36 PM »
I don't like to promote my own stuff but there is plenty of rolling scissors in those films: http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,283324.0.html
A couple of them I needed to fight the torque with all the Jug had got to turn me in the direction I wanted.
Jug Movie 1 - Hunt or Prey
Jug Movie 2 - The Jug's Tail

Offline W7LPNRICK

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2010, 12:44:26 PM »
Sorry...what is a .rar format? What will view it?  :headscratch:
WildWzl
Ft Bragg Jump School-USAF Kunsan AB, Korea- Clark AB P.I.- Korat, Thailand-Tinker AFB Ok.- Mtn Home AFB Idaho
F-86's, F-4D, F-4G, F-5E Tiger II, C-130, UH-1N (Twin Engine Hueys) O-2's. E3A awacs, F-111, FB-111, EF-111,

Offline Lepape2

• Nickel Member
« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2010, 02:21:49 PM »
Sorry...what is a .rar format? What will view it?  :headscratch:
Read the instructions, its a Winrar/WinZip file. Decompress it and all .ahf films are inside.

There: http://download.cnet.com/WinRAR-32-bit/3000-2250_4-10007677.html
« Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 02:33:09 PM by Lepape2 »

Offline W7LPNRICK

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2010, 04:41:05 PM »
Read the instructions, its a Winrar/WinZip file. Decompress it and all .ahf films are inside.

There: http://download.cnet.com/WinRAR-32-bit/3000-2250_4-10007677.html

Thanks...googled it and downloaded WinRAR.
WildWzl

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2010, 02:26:08 PM »
If you interested in flying jugs well, I'd advise talking to JUGgler. He has to be one of the best jug pilots in the game.
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2010, 04:09:36 PM »
He certainly has the most sorties
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2010, 04:29:01 PM »
If you wish to know who flies the Jug well, check the various models stats....then click on the model and find out who has the kills and k/d flying them.

Btw....I stall fight the D11 otd....it is a marvel, I also fight it at 20K and above, as I did with Jamusta a few days ago, he in a K4 and me in a D11.

The fight was a huge amount of fun, it came out a draw, no one had pings on him and no one made a mistake.  We had loads of fun doing this
until the FHs at the base were taken down.  Jamusta and I just <S> one another and said we would do it again.

IMHO a D40 can do the same thing at 20K that an M Jug can do.  The N to me accelerates poorly and is a slug climbing without wep below 20K and
that is comparing it with the other Jug Models.  I use the Nathan for jabo....the D11 for fighting.  It is more critical to measure ones energy flying the N
then the D11 IMHO. Both require monitoring the E state...but the N requires much more attention below 20K.

Again using flaps and throttle is important, but most critical is the time and place in the fight in which you use wep, or deploy flaps.
Remember...since the Jug is a heavy aircraft using them for a prolonged period of time slows you down to a point at which the Energy you need is
no longer there.  Learn to cycle flaps, as well as throttle and wep.  If you keep the flaps down and the fight goes from horizontal to a tad vertical,
and you need a "tad" nose up to get the shot....you might not have it.  And once the Jug pilot reaches that state, no chance of even getting a hint of nose up,
a good pilot in another aircraft will have you on the ropes.  He will then dictate the fight to you.  Unless you can regain some speed which means
having the room to do so, more then likely the SpitXVI, Yak9U etc. will have you in the tower shortly.  However, the Jug flies very very well at dead slow.
this requires a lot of rudder, and I do mean A LOT!  Your feet will be going like crazy keeping your wings parallel with the ground.  You will actually
get kills for those who are impatient and go for an angle they can't sustain and auger.

Again....these are just thoughts on my experiences....others may differ.

Hajo

« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 04:43:42 PM by Hajo »
- The Flying Circus -

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2010, 04:57:55 PM »
Ya never see him on 200 or on BBS, but from what I've seen over time, Croft is as good or better than any jug guy in the game
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Lepape2

• Nickel Member
« Reply #44 on: March 07, 2010, 05:35:23 PM »
Rattler2 is one of the best Jug pilots I've seen as well. He handles them in the vertical scissors like feathers swept away from a faint gush of wind -->  :joystick: