Author Topic: Time to perk ord....  (Read 1020 times)

Offline SEraider

• Silver Member
Time to perk ord....
« on: February 22, 2010, 07:20:41 PM »
Unless we get a B-52 anytime soon, we should have bomb load-outs perked.  They are just sitting there and anybody hardly uses them.  :old:
* I am the embodiment of Rule #14
* History is only recent.
* Stick and Stones won't break my bones, but names could "hurt" me.

CO Screaming Eagles

Offline froger

• Silver Member
Re: Time to perk ord....
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2010, 01:44:27 AM »
 :aok
frogs are people too

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2010, 02:08:41 AM »
 :aok
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline trotter

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2010, 02:53:04 AM »
I think the answer to unused bomber perks is either more perked bombers, or change the name 'bomber perks' to weapon perks and use it for rare up-gunned versions of airframes we already have (Ki-84Ib comes to mind).

The reason for this is I don't think we should discourage use of bombers. I hardly see enough of them in the sky as it is now, can you imagine how many 190A8 pork 'n bail runs we'd see in lieu of buffs if bombers had to use perks every time?

Offline SEraider

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2010, 08:10:17 AM »
I think the answer to unused bomber perks is either more perked bombers, or change the name 'bomber perks' to weapon perks and use it for rare up-gunned versions of airframes we already have (Ki-84Ib comes to mind).

The reason for this is I don't think we should discourage use of bombers. I hardly see enough of them in the sky as it is now, can you imagine how many 190A8 pork 'n bail runs we'd see in lieu of buffs if bombers had to use perks every time?

That's a good point Trotter.  I supposed you can say that it takes more resources to power up bombers so maybe 24's, 17's and LANCS could be perked as well.

That being said, bombers are a game changer in my view and should be charged for as well.  For example a furball that one side is winning all of a sudden has all it's hangers destroyed.  The furball falls back to the base destroyed, either vulch lights are lit or base could be captured.

People should realize there is value in the destructive nature of bombers and it should be charged; either by it's load-outs or the bombers i listed above.  :old: 

CO Screaming Eagles

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2010, 08:28:32 AM »
not bad.  That will also force them to try and survive by flying higher.
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2010, 08:44:42 AM »
B29s would be perked like 262s.....

:devil
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2010, 09:06:11 AM »
I say no if it is just something to spend the bomber perks.  Give me a plane or special bomb loadout to buy with my perkies instead! :aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2010, 09:13:49 AM »
I say no if it is just something to spend the bomber perks.  Give me a plane or special bomb loadout to buy with my perkies instead! :aok
+1  and the cost would depend on the % of damage to the ammo factory in the sector
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 09:15:56 AM by uptown »
Lighten up Francis

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2010, 09:29:14 AM »
+1  and the cost would depend on the % of damage to the ammo factory in the sector

Interesting twist a +1 to you Sir!
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2010, 10:39:25 AM »
mild perk for the heavies :aok
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline olskool2

• Zinc Member
      • Total Nonsense
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2010, 11:46:21 AM »
I hate Carrier fights for this very reason.

I have the option of upping a extremely good fighter with enough ord (more ORD than CV dive bombers) to kill a hangar and then joining the fight. ALL of the dive bombers are hangar queens and serve absolutely no purpose.

Perk all bombs over 250lbs on fighters. Still leave them very viable against ord, fuel, and GVs, and gives the destructive power to the real bombers.

Offline KayBayRay

• Copper Member
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2010, 11:56:02 AM »
I dont think I agree with perking ord in general. I dont believe I understand what you are meaning. Could you provide some more detail on your thoughts?

I could see if you were going to allow a player to customize their particular ord load out for a sortie charging perks. However the load out would have to be within the realm of possibility for that airframe. This game would quickly turn into a joke if B-25's could carry the Lanc load out for example.

I do agree that there does not seem to be a real use for Bomber Perks collected in this game. I have posted in the past about allowing a trade off of perks from one category to use in another. However that does pose some challenges. On the one hand what would be an equitable trade rate for say.... Bomber Perks being spent on Fighter Perk cost just for one example. And on the other hand what kind of use reaction could this cause in game? For example, I suck so bad in fighters that there is a Gravity Well around me when in a Fighter, but I do pretty well in Buffs. So would this cause a huge run on Buff runs to gather Buff perkies that could be spent on Fighter perks costs? Just thinking outloud here.

Interesting topic, I would like to see it go somewhere with HTC.

Later,
KayBay
See ya in the Sky !!

Offline SEraider

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2010, 01:06:15 PM »
Ok, RTholmes said it best. Mildly perk heavier load-outs. 

Even for attack planes, such as a fully loaded, P-51, 2 - 1,000lbs, and rockets: Charge 1 perk point for that sortie for attack.

For the other planes I mentioned above - anything 1,000lbs or higher, charge1,2, or 3 points.  This way we would see more B-26's, Bostons, KI-67's in the air and keep it real.

:airplane:

CO Screaming Eagles

Offline haasehole

• Copper Member
      • http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/The13thMidwestPilotGroup/
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2010, 01:39:46 PM »
 i'd pay a bit extra if i could get 6x250k on a arado instead of just 3
~GELU~CRUOR~IUGUOLO~o2b1ace~
             13 Midwest Pilot Group
                  WD40 - F.S.O.