Author Topic: Arena Cap  (Read 905 times)

Offline LCCajun

• Nickel Member
Arena Cap
« on: February 26, 2010, 12:57:10 PM »
Ok another whine. Instead of having purple and green capped at 350. Why not lower them and raise Orange and blue. As of right now Orange cap is 100 with there being 120 in it. Blue is 150 with 95 in it. How in the world does arena cap works. I am getting tired of paying to play but can't play where I want. Ok that is it.
Ingame ID: Cajon

"SlapShot
There is no shame in putting up a good fight and dieing."
"You never know how strong you are til being strong is the only choice you have" Unknown author

Offline LCCajun

• Nickel Member
Re: Arena Cap
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2010, 12:59:42 PM »
ok now orange is cap is 100 with 110 blue is 150 with 104 shouldn't both caps at least be the same now
Ingame ID: Cajon

"SlapShot
There is no shame in putting up a good fight and dieing."
"You never know how strong you are til being strong is the only choice you have" Unknown author

Offline Crash Orange

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2010, 01:03:58 PM »
Even allowing that the caps are necessary, I see no reason why any of them needs to be lower than 150, ever. There's just no reason for it. if there are that few people online, most of them probably want to be in the same arena and it can't possibly be overcrowded.

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2010, 01:05:50 PM »
Here problem solved

I'm taking Orders
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2010, 01:06:03 PM »
How in the world does arena cap works. I am getting tired of paying to play but can't play where I want.

It's been explained on the HELP pages, in AHWiki and a gazillion times on this BBS
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2010, 01:08:04 PM »
Even allowing that the caps are necessary, I see no reason why any of them needs to be lower than 150, ever. There's just no reason for it.

Yes there is. It helps the other arena getting up to numbers quicker when CAP kicks in intially. What's more fun for everybody: 150/150 and 20/150 or 100/100 70/100 ?
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline DadRabit

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2010, 01:09:56 PM »
S!

try clicking on mid war, go in there for a minute, log back off, click on which ever ma arena and see if you can get in then.  keep trying because it fluctuates alot.  i dont understand cap either but it's there.  seems annoying more than anything else.

S!
David (Daddy Rabbit) Jester
S! 68KO
S! A8WB
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. Ronald Reagan

Offline shiv

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2010, 01:16:03 PM »
Online Arenas Clickety-click Quit Online Arenas Clickety-click Quit always works for me.  Never more than five minutes till a slot opens up. 

I don't know if clicking Quit helps or not but it gives me something to do.  But most times I'lljust go into the other arena and get killed in a tank or something then try again.
You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2010, 01:29:53 PM »
Ok another whine. Instead of having purple and green capped at 350. Why not lower them and raise Orange and blue. As of right now Orange cap is 100 with there being 120 in it. Blue is 150 with 95 in it. How in the world does arena cap works. I am getting tired of paying to play but can't play where I want. Ok that is it.

You've been here long enough to know how to search the boards.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2010, 01:32:05 PM »
Essentially there are no caps other than LW because, obviously, caps are not necessary.  If there were 150-200 people in EW or MW between Noon and Midnight U.S. Central time there would be a second EW or MW arena and caps as well.

The reason the caps start so low is to keep a parity between the two capped arenas.  So you don't have a disparity like 200/200 and 40/250 where it would take even longer to get into the "popular" arena.

ok now orange is cap is 100 with 110 blue is 150 with 104 shouldn't both caps at least be the same now

If both caps were the same, how would anyone get into any arena?  Wouldn't they both be full?

You also realize you are whining about a six person difference?

It's funny how arena cap threads pop up five minutes after the cap begins at Noon.

S!

try clicking on mid war, go in there for a minute, log back off, click on which ever ma arena and see if you can get in then.  keep trying because it fluctuates alot.  

Actually, you are better off going into the other LW arena to try to fill it up and bump up the cap in the arena you want to get into as the two caps are, after all, linked to each other.
Maybe find some fights while you are there too and figure out maybe it's not so bad.  Those 20-30 extra people are probably just sitting in the tower waiting for reset perk points anyway.  

:noid

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline texastc316

• Silver Member
      • Mighty 316th
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2010, 01:47:00 PM »
Here problem solved
(Image removed from quote.)
I'm taking Orders

can we have one fore each arena? and what colors?
TexsTC-CO/Court Jester-Mighty 316th FS "CREEPING DEATH"  in MA/FSO

The eager pilots are not experienced. And the experienced not eager.

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2010, 02:04:53 PM »
Just put in on and you'll get in  :aok
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline DadRabit

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2010, 02:12:49 PM »
Actually, you are better off going into the other LW arena to try to fill it up and bump up the cap in the arena you want to get into as the two caps are, after all, linked to each other.

:noid

wrongway
[/quote]

S!

srry, my bad.  you are right.

S!
David (Daddy Rabbit) Jester
S! 68KO
S! A8WB
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. Ronald Reagan

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2010, 02:21:42 PM »
Here is my prediction.

In the next 7 days, between 12:00pm and 1:00pm CST, there will be a whine posted about arena caps, maybe two.

Why?  Well, 12:00pm CST is when the arena caps kick in and that is always going to have some bizarre disparity in the arena numbers between the two arenas.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Ghastly

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2010, 02:32:49 PM »
Skuzzy,

Given how often people complain of this, it has occured to me to wonder why it's considered necessary to display the number of players in the arenas - and especially in the late war arenas - at all.
If you guys simply displayed any unavailable arena as greyed out and without the numbers information - or didn't display it at all - then (seems to me) you'd eliminate most of the complaints.   If you read between the lines, it doesn't seem so much that folks are complaining because they can't have an enjoyable playing experience in the arena open to them at the time, but rather that they are afraid that someone else in the other arena might be having a better one.

<S>

"Curse your sudden (but inevitable!) betrayal!"
Grue