Author Topic: Do you ever get dizzy?  (Read 997 times)

Offline IrishBug

• Zinc Member
Do you ever get dizzy?
« on: March 01, 2010, 02:10:35 PM »
Seriously, I noticed that when I'm flying  :airplane: in ACES I get dizzy and nauseous , and sick sometimes. Especially if I am in zoom mode in GV's. Does anyone else ever have this happen to them ever?  And no I don't drink  :cheers: or do drugs :banana:, so it's not that. Maybe an inner ear thing? I just wondered if anyone else ever gets the feeling too.

Thanks!

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
Re: Do you ever get dizzy?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2010, 02:38:06 PM »
Nope. You must be weird. :)
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline Russian

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2010, 02:46:30 PM »
After 5+ consecutive aileron rolls...in real aircraft. 

Offline shppr01

• AvA Staff Member
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2010, 03:53:28 PM »
you might have a mild case of motion sickness or tunnel vision . try a dramamine before you play. it might help. If not stop spinning in your chair for a while ! :lol
Ingame : Shipper

Never put your gun down to hug a grizzly.

Offline sluggish

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2010, 03:55:22 PM »
Sometimes when I have buffs on autoclimb I'll spin around in my chair real fast.  That gets me dizzy.

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2010, 03:57:50 PM »
Do you wear glasses?...if not maybe you need to check it out....is it a progressive thing or does it happen from the first moment of game on?....You could be straining one or both of your eyes

I get dizzy from time to time myself...this is usually because I have ignored my lady for too long and she gives me a whack to the back of my head... just to let me know she is still about.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 03:59:50 PM by SPKmes »

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2010, 04:00:06 PM »
I used to have that happen all the time, but now I fly with beer goggles and it's better.
SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors

Offline zes

• Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2010, 09:18:23 PM »
What are your frame rates?

Offline spacer

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2010, 11:29:06 PM »
Irishbug, I use to get dizzy after flying allot. (I also get dizzy/motion sick on first person shooter games.)  However after the Eye Doc found that I have an astigmatism and corrected for it.  I don't have as much problem with AH.  FPS tho still suck.  Have your eyes checked.  I feel for you!

Offline Nwbie

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2010, 12:23:44 AM »
I get it in first person shooters - tried doom long time ago and was nauseous for hours after, never had the problem in Air warrior or AH.
B-In-Law is an optometrist, he also said to check for astigmatisms, and to put a downer to you, it is also a a precursor to epilepsy. There are many cases of people having epileptic seizures playing video games.

NwBie
Skuzzy-- "Facts are slowly becoming irrelevant in favor of the nutjob."

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2010, 08:13:16 AM »
Have it happen quite a bit in FPS games. Used to be only in the interior sections of games way back when but now I can't even fire up Ghost Recon and do it. Although I was able to play Modern Warfare 2 without feeling like I was going to puke my guts out. However ARMA and Op Flashpoint...I just can't handle them at all. Weird feeling though and I haven't had my eyes checked in a long time. So I stopped playing FPS games altogether.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline 4deck

• Silver Member
      • (+) Precision
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2010, 08:55:40 AM »
I don't get dizzy, but i move around in my chair all the time. If im banking left I lean over to the left, same goes with the right. My wife gets a kick out out of me when im in a dogfite. :airplane:
Forgot who said this while trying to take a base, but the quote goes like this. "I cant help you with ack, Im not in attack mode" This is with only 2 ack up in the town while troops were there, waiting. The rest of the town was down.

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2010, 09:07:23 AM »
I get nauseous after about 10 minutes of playing any FPS game. I also get it in flight sims that have a padlock view or similar, anything where the program moves your head position for you. I can play AH for any amount of time if I use only the snap views.

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2010, 12:24:37 PM »
I got nauseous when I tried Track IR.  Serious motion sickness.
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline greens

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2010, 12:33:40 PM »
i get dizzy to when i hold my hit too long sometimes i may blackout. fall down hurt my head, get a bad cut. when my wife hits me upside the head when she is mad at me i get dizzy too.  :huh
_-=ELIM EAGLES=-_
in loving memory of OZ <Eagles21>
 miss you bro!