Author Topic: Tigers Turrent  (Read 1054 times)

Offline WING47

• Copper Member
Tigers Turrent
« on: March 07, 2010, 01:09:15 PM »
        I have Ben one shotted in a tiger by a panzer from 16-24 hundred yards.I also shot a Tiger in a panzar from 1600
yards as well. Each one of my reports have one thing in common. I or he was hit in the front of turret. But Ive Ben hit dead on
in the hull by Sherman VCs at 800 yards and not died several times, that's 100mm of armour. The turret has 110mm of
armour in the front. So why is it so soft. :furious

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Tigers Turrent
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2010, 02:04:50 PM »
Your expecting to live after taking an AP hit from another tank. If Im wrong tell me but upping a Tiger with the mindset that you can take acouple of Panzer hits the turret is the problem you have. Be more aware of your surroundings and pop the tanks before they can come into that range, especially in a Tiger. :salute
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2010, 03:47:21 PM »
From the Urban Dictionary:
1.  turrent  240 up, 31 down   
 A common misspelling of the word "turret," usually made by people with a fourth-grade education.

Turrents r kOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

TURRET

Have a nice day.

:banana:

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2010, 03:53:21 PM »
        I have Ben

I've been looking for Ben for a couple years, glad to hear you've got him!
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2010, 05:04:36 PM »
Tiger should have per settings revised...(I know, long-standing issue) It simply isn't as uber as perk numbers suggest.....all the guys who get tons of gv kills drive M4's far more than Tigers
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline stephen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2010, 05:51:41 PM »
the Tiger armor was revised after its intro..., unfortunatly the rock-hard sherman hasnt seen the same treatment...

EVERY TIME I fire on a shermans frontal armor from any range, and ANY tank, its takes no less than 2 hits to kill it, and thats low on the hullfront where the final drive is.

Most of the time it takes three rounds, and during that time my tank is reloading his EZ mode gun is pumping rounds into me.
The only only other tank that takes hits, yet still remains battle worthy is the T-34, and that gun SUCKS.
Spell checker is for Morrons

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2010, 06:53:57 PM »
In seriousness:
Back in the old days of canopy trees with the way old TT and graphics, when a Tiger upped in TT. Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, on the opposing side, would stream. "TIGER UP! TIGER UP! THERE'S A TIGER UP!"
It was THAT feared. Back then, you could drive right up to a Panzer, him shooting at you the whole time, and plug him 1 shot. People would rack up 30-40 kills easily in that thing. Not only that, but it took a Lanc's full 14K to kill one. It was "uber", and that's what made it feared, and that's what made it friggin' amazing. The good thing was, Tigers were a rarity, there wasn't 10 tigers out at once, because if you spawned in chances are you weren't going back unless you played it safe. There would be a single tiger, and whichever side had the Tiger, would start winning at the point of them having it.

That's how it was, no exaggerations.

Now it's, Oh, theres a Tiger up? Let me up an M4 real quick.
The Tiger is a complete waste of perks with the intro of the M4.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2010, 07:04:01 PM »
In seriousness:
Back in the old days of canopy trees with the way old TT and graphics, when a Tiger upped in TT. Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, on the opposing side, would stream. "TIGER UP! TIGER UP! THERE'S A TIGER UP!"
It was THAT feared. Back then, you could drive right up to a Panzer, him shooting at you the whole time, and plug him 1 shot. People would rack up 30-40 kills easily in that thing. Not only that, but it took a Lanc's full 14K to kill one. It was "uber", and that's what made it feared, and that's what made it friggin' amazing. The good thing was, Tigers were a rarity, there wasn't 10 tigers out at once, because if you spawned in chances are you weren't going back unless you played it safe. There would be a single tiger, and whichever side had the Tiger, would start winning at the point of them having it.

heh, I remember that

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2010, 07:28:21 PM »
In seriousness:

Agree 100%.
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2010, 08:19:35 PM »
The real question, should a tigers perk points be dropped or the M4s made higher?
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2010, 08:31:14 PM »
M4's were frikkin paper mache tanks...granted the gun is what it is, but a Tiger should always whack them with 1 hit....they seem just as hard as Panzers

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2010, 10:23:08 PM »
I'm really looking forward for player controlled private arenas to do some more serious & controlled testing on matters like this one.

Just by my own anecdotal experience, the Firefly's and T34/76 turrets are extremely strong and the Tiger's and T-34/85 turrets are relatively respectively pretty weak.
The M4 is the only tank that really does benefit from a hull down position. The T-34/85's turret can be taken out by looking at it.

When using the Hurricane IID, I'm glad about every T-34/85 I'm encountering, because I can easily puncture their turrets from above. It's extremely difficult for me to do the same to a T-34/76, yet the T34/76 has 16mm's of armor vs 20mm for the T34/85 (according to WWIIvehicles.com )

Oh and btw... back when the Tiger was ruling TT, it also did cost twice the perks it does today ;)
And sicne the Wirbel was introduced, I never had any trouble anymore to get GV perks back very quickly....
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2010, 10:58:20 PM »
Id like to see the Tiger be as "feared" as it was back then. Mabey return Tiger perk price to what it was back then, also raising the M4 and t34/85 perk cost a bit. Either way I think the m4 and tiger cost difference should be reduced.
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2010, 05:59:49 AM »
The real question, should a tigers perk points be dropped or the M4s made higher?
Or both. They don't even deserve to be set equal to each other.

FlyKommando.com

Offline Tec

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2010, 06:00:27 PM »
Or both. They don't even deserve to be set equal to each other.

I hope you're not suggesting that the M4 should be MORE than the Tiger.  While the current perk prices are totally fubar the Tiger is still king.
To each their pwn.
K$22L7AoH